What is the one thing you expect from Fizz?

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

What is the one thing you expect from Fizz?

Postby NewlyKnicked » September 7, 2018, 4:17 am

There seems to be quite a bit of expectations for Fizdale.
Some of us expect our new coach to pep talk this young team all the way to the playoffs, or raise our offensive pace to the roof, or make the Garden a fortress again. I was wondering what makes each of us so high on him and what is the one thing we want him to do so that by the end of the season we could say "that was a very good year, can't wait for the next".

If you don't believe Fizz's the guy, feel free to say so as well of course :)
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
NewlyKnicked

Re: What is the one thing you expect from Fizz?

Postby NewlyKnicked » September 7, 2018, 4:32 am

As for me, I don"t expect wins. The offense should also take a big hit without KP and defense is going to be so-so at best considering our personnel.

The one thing I want at the end of the season is to have seen improvement with our young crop, esp Knox/Frank/MRob. I would appreciate Mario contributing because it would piss the Magic so much, but I'd be glad with those three showing they are the real thing going forward.
NewlyKnicked

Postby Rusty La Rue » September 7, 2018, 7:22 am

I just expect the team to play hard, grow together and play smart basketball (the latter will probably take some time while the players get used to each other).

I do also not expect many wins... but I would never blame the team for wins... as some people on team tank would do... You have to learn to win and a high draft pick should never overrule that fact :hammer:
"Everybody gets excited about youth except the coach, because he knows youth means mistakes, mistakes mean losses, losses means you're fired."
Rusty La Rue

Postby Don Che » September 7, 2018, 11:23 am

im not looking at wins...just progress, effort, style of play.

Fizz conquers that im good
Don Che

Postby nazrmohamed » September 7, 2018, 12:20 pm

I hold him accountable for turning Frank into a confident offensive player and to a lesser extent have Mudiay into a smarter player
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby Don Che » September 7, 2018, 1:02 pm

idk if you can make mudiay smarter..think he has to have some hand on that himself.
Don Che

Postby Koopa Troopa » September 7, 2018, 1:46 pm

I just wanna see him slap the desk during a post game interview.
Koopa Troopa

Postby rebound » September 7, 2018, 3:07 pm

mudiay probably won't amount to anything more than what he is in this league.
still was a better gamble than elfrid payton.
Team Mills
rebound

Postby Don Che » September 7, 2018, 3:34 pm

rebound wrote:mudiay probably won't amount to anything more than what he is in this league.
still was a better gamble than elfrid payton.

facts
Don Che

Postby StevoStarks » September 7, 2018, 4:36 pm

A championship.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby taowave » September 7, 2018, 6:45 pm

50 losses+
taowave

Postby Don Che » September 7, 2018, 8:27 pm

and I'd be good with that
Don Che

Postby Sam » September 7, 2018, 8:39 pm

I'd like to see a winning attitude on the part of the players but more importantly for Fizdale to guide the team to victories when the game is close in the 4th quarter. Love to see if he can outcoach the guy in Boston.
Sam

Postby Don Che » September 7, 2018, 9:01 pm

i'd love for Fiz to max out the talent of all our young players because if so....we are fully set.

better yet if he maxes out Mario/Frank/Noah along with the 2 rookies. We are set and dont need anything else butwith the amount of young guys its far fetched.

but its all about establishing a team concept and roles. If Fizz can have Noah and Mudiay buy into a team bench role mindset and focus on defense/passing thatll be a huge sign of something good.
Don Che

Postby NewlyKnicked » September 8, 2018, 6:11 am

you talking Vonleh or Joakim?
NewlyKnicked

Postby shakespeare » September 8, 2018, 7:47 am

StevoStarks wrote:A championship.

For me, the 1st or 2nd pick in the ‘19 Draft is the same as a championship.
The Porzingis blessing is real.
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby shakespeare » September 8, 2018, 7:50 am

I’d love to see our players play hard, for the most part. Which would mean Fizdale has control or the trust of his players.

I’d love to see coach play to the strength of his players.

That, and for the New York Knicks to resemble an actual professional basketball team.

BONUS: If Phil Jackson shows up at the Garden, I’d love to see Fizdale drop him at mid-court with a stone cold stunner.
The Porzingis blessing is real.
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby Championship 16/17 » September 8, 2018, 8:12 am

I want Fizdale to play faster, develop an identity of sharing the basketball, an identity of a strong defensive team, and adopt an international style of play for KP and Frenchman Frank, and the team.

With that said, i dont believe he is the coach to accomplish this all, but let's start with a couple this season. I still see Fizdale as a salesman, someone who has a mouthpiece, that ultimately will be successful as a Luke Walton assistant coach IMO. But if we move in that Mark Jackson direction after 3 years, we should keep him on board as an assistance bc he will know his players.

I want Fizdale to put people in the dog house if they are unwilling to do the following tasks above, and ultimately communicate trading these players with management. So essentially, clear house. That's what I want to see the most from Fizdale, identify who to get rid off, lots of contract decisions at the end of the season.

I also want his wife rooting at all the home games.
Championship 16/17

Postby Don Che » September 8, 2018, 12:42 pm

Fans and experts that even ask the question of this thread is why we always fail in the first place since we apply pressure..media takes over and Dolan stays an idiot. We place way to high of expectations as a fan base or just unrealistic ones. Even though our best player is out half the year....Mario/Frank/Mudiay/Vonleh/Burke have all underachieved based on their careers so far and while the talent is high they all would be considered failures as a whole.

Enes and Tim are bench guys fronting to be starters due to the roster are asked to lead us.

Lance/Baker...are d leaguers who do well as character guys but talent wise its bottom of the league.

Noah and Lee....solid vets who can help a team but are overpaid by a ton.

and then we have 2 rookies...1. that balled out in summer league which was great but in KT he only focused on scoring...disinterested in defense/rebounding/passing. 2. Mitchell....hasnt played organized ball in a year where he played 6'3 centers.

but.....BUT......lets place expectations on the Coach lol

If Fizz gets over 32 wins with this roster... this board would be split on the results even tho the roster sucks and not really see the skill Fizz has in the first place...judging a coach or front office takes a TON of context that most ppl dont take the time to measure. This is a players league but you need a coach to win it all and that coach needs a front office to give him players of his vision and it takes time to getthat perfect storm. Champ loves Marc Jackson..cool thats great but he had losing seasons before getting to real success..prior to it being taken from him(or lost on his own accord) and if it wasnt for those bad years....Curry/Klay/Barnes wouldnt be there. If Marc coaches Ty Lawson instead of Curry...do they win it all down the line? lord no and this isnt a knock on Mark..its just a clear distinction between how great Curry is compared to what Ty is. You can't win w/o talent and coaches may be very good but lack the talent while some coaches that arent good...are lucky to have talent.

Fizz just needs to focus on the young guys and develop them and see who responds and who doesnt....Wins are irrelevant. Development/Accountability/Identity/Chemistry is the focus....and when things get ugly...you stay the course and try to rid the big contracts if possible for shorter ones or future assets.

if the above develops faster than we all think than great. We allknow the chances of that are slim to none...which means it wont happen this year
Don Che

Postby big_j_NY » September 8, 2018, 2:52 pm

Him dropping some new bars during a Knicks postgame press conference

Fizdale mixtape 2019...........Lesgetit
#EmbraceTheTank2019

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Next

Return to New York Knicks