Name the best Knicks player in each category

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 160

shakespeare wrote:Watch. I too believe we’ll average over 100 ppg but defense will nuillify the scoring via giving up more than we score, more times than not. I’d love to see THJ carry the offensive load, too. I’d love to see Knox carry it as well - a rookie leading the team in scoring would really be good for this “rebuilding” thing.
I actually believe the opposite: we'll be decent in D but struggle to score this season. Fizdale has been pretty clear about his priorities and, despite not having a lot of excellent individual defenders, I think a lot of efforts will be spent on that end of the floor (maybe at the expense of offensive energy). Final argument: THJ should be our main scorer
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

What makes you think we'll be better on defense? Is it just Fizzdales leadership or do we plan on giving Lee and Thomas major minutes? Cruz Frank alone isn't getting this crew to be a defensive squad.

Maybe we can trade Lee and a second rounder for Iman Shumperts expiring. Or Lance and Baker for his expiring. That's a good amount of change of the books
NewlyKnicked

Fiz + no more Rambis, yes.
The staff has said repeatedly defense will be priority. To me it sounds like the players will be kept accountable on that end of the floor esp. I think Fiz won’t blink when sitting a player for a defensive mistake. As for the personnel I don’t see any good individual defender apart from frank either, but with more energy and time spent on defensive schemes, even with the same players, you’re bound to improve. Finally with KP out I believe we’ll struggle offensively and our saving grace will be our defense
shakespeare
Likes given: 0

Interesting take, NK.

Who’s the defensive coordinator? He has to be better than Rambis, although we probably don’t have the players needed to play good defense. I believe the team will display some defensive energy, but nowhere near as much as the offensive energy.
#TeamTank
taowave
Likes given: 817

If you are thinking we are starting a front court of Kanter,Knox and Mario,I don't see how we can stop any team..
NewlyKnicked wrote:Fiz + no more Rambis, yes.
The staff has said repeatedly defense will be priority. To me it sounds like the players will be kept accountable on that end of the floor esp. I think Fiz won’t blink when sitting a player for a defensive mistake. As for the personnel I don’t see any good individual defender apart from frank either, but with more energy and time spent on defensive schemes, even with the same players, you’re bound to improve. Finally with KP out I believe we’ll struggle offensively and our saving grace will be our defense
NewlyKnicked

I don’t think we have a defensive coach yet actually which can be interpreted as Fiz considering it to be his main job.

We don’t know yet what will Knox defense look like so he gets the benefit of the doubt till further notice. Mario and enes... that’s a tough take but I believe they can do ok in a good scheme adapted to their weaknesses. Or if they suck, lance and Mitch/Noah can help.
shakespeare
Likes given: 0

NewlyKnicked wrote: Shooting: THJ when on
Hm.
#TeamTank
knicksH20
Likes given: 6

Scoring: Porzingis
Shooting: Porzingis