What to do with Noah?

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

What to do with Noah?

Keep him, and play him for 10-15 mpg, mentoring the young guys
55%
Keep him, but as far as possible from our younglings, Hornacek's style
9%
Wave him, and pay him his two remaining seasons ($18.5 million in 2018-19 and $19.3 million in 2019-20)
9%
Wave him before Sept 1st and stretch him ($7,565,000 per year from 2018-19 through 2022-23)
No votes
Wave him after Sept 1st and stretch him ($6.4 million per year from 2019-20 through 2021-22)
18%
Trade him - LOL
9%

Total votes : 11

Re: What to do with Noah?

Postby cragganmor » September 15, 2018, 10:28 am

Think of how long the clips struggle with all their talent in the Lamar Odom era... Every team needs a vet presence.
cragganmor

Postby Don Che » September 15, 2018, 11:21 am

cragganmor wrote:Think of how long the clips struggle with all their talent in the Lamar Odom era... Every team needs a vet presence.

100% and looking at what Perry is doing...that's the vibe I'm getting.
Don Che

Postby nazrmohamed » September 15, 2018, 2:12 pm

We got Lance Thomas, I'm good. Only thing Noah's teaching the kids is how you con a franchise into giving you big bucks once you're washed up. And that's the culture the Knicks are known for. Knicks need to build a culture on development and accountability, not keeping and playing aging bums. Adios.
Last edited by nazrmohamed on September 23, 2018, 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby Don Che » September 15, 2018, 3:02 pm

lance is 1 guy....and Noah/Lee are better players than Lance.

12 young guys and 3 veterans is reasonable
Don Che

Postby nazrmohamed » September 15, 2018, 3:37 pm

I'll give Lee the benefit just cause I've watched him play all year but there's really nothing to say that Noah is better than anybody at this point. He's always hurt and the last time he was relevant the league was totally different. Lance at this point in his career has more desirable skills. He defends 4 positions and he passes. Last year improved his shooting. I have more faith that Lance could have a decent second half of his career than I do that Noah can return to form, I'll tell you that.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby big_j_NY » September 15, 2018, 6:39 pm

Veteran players can be replaced via min. salary player easily........so I don't agree we have to pay a significant portion of the bank for veterans that are already past their damn prime in order to "build a winning culture."

That being said......I'm still against this waiver of Noah just 'cuz stretch waivering a contract that has 2 years left on the salary cap is absolute dumb AND it just prolongs the damage of that said contract to more years with less damage.

Mills has something about Noah that he ain't saying yet OR Noah will spill the beans about why he asked for this stretch waiver buyout soon........cuz from a financial rebuilding standpoint, I don't stretch out a big contract with 2 years left TO an additional 3-4 years with a smaller cap hit UNLESS my overpaid veteran is truly an asshole behind the scenes.

Or as speculated before, Mills is so damn impatient to "get his next free agent for Mr. Dolan" that he's willing to start cutting as much corners of the salary cap as he can rite now.
#EmbraceTheTank2019

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Postby StevoStarks » September 17, 2018, 3:03 pm

I agree with the we need vets mentality, but the entire Noah deal is just a reminder of how shitty Jax was while he was here. These guys want to clean house of those ghosts and Noah is a big one. So while he is a hard nosed vet, that plays hard and embodies how you want a team to play, he's a washed up, oft injured roster spot that is sucking up a ton of cap space. And, as Big J said, affordable vets are around the NBA. We just need to pick the right one.

I get why they want to get rid of him before camp. I don't get why they would even consider stretching this dude. If you can sign one of these max players in the offseason and not have to stretch him, then why the hell would you?
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby spree#8 » September 22, 2018, 6:45 am

:popcorn: A decision should come this weekend.

Knicks general manager Scott Perry said he’s hoping for a “resolution” to center Joakim Noah’s sad stalement soon, which is expected to be a waiver/buyout under the stretch provision.

There has been no effort to bring Noah to training camp, which starts Monday. Team president Steve Mills said 17 players worked out Wednesday — a strong number that “excites” him. But Noah wasn’t there and last posted a picture of himself on a California beach with John McEnroe and Josh Brolin.

“Nothing has changed other than we’re in constant communication with his representation,” Perry said Thursday at a pre-training camp press conference at the Garden Theatre. “Training camp is a few days off. The hope is we can come to a resolution that is both advantageous to Joakim and the Knicks. That’s where it is.”
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby Don Che » September 22, 2018, 11:13 am

yeh it sounds like he's gone 100%
Don Che

Postby cragganmor » September 22, 2018, 4:48 pm

There was a small chance, a window of opportunity when Fiz was hired, but it looks that Noah's ship has sailed. But I wouldn't be surprised if Perry signed a vet C on a min deal.
cragganmor

Postby rebound » September 23, 2018, 9:25 am

kanter is the big man vet. lance the forward vet. and lee the guard vet.
we really don't need anymore vets otherwise you end up with last season getting wiped out by young teams because you are playing jarret jack 30 minutes a night.

expect vonleh to get noah's spot.
Team Mills
rebound

Postby spree#8 » September 23, 2018, 9:27 am

Shams Charania
‏@ShamsCharania

Sources on @TheAthleticNBA @WatchStadium: Joakim Noah and the New York Knicks are near agreement on his waive and stretch. Noah will not report to training camp this week as sides part ways before media day.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby Don Che » September 23, 2018, 9:34 am

I really dont think that's a smart move....but maybe the issue with Jeff wasnt only with jeff but with the whole front office.
Don Che

Postby ISIAH_THOMAS » September 23, 2018, 10:14 am

yea i. Wouldnt do it
TAKE THAT FOR DATA
ISIAH_THOMAS

Postby Minkaveli » September 23, 2018, 10:45 am

We'll see if it comes back and bites us.
No longer sick and tired that Kurt wasn't hired.
Minkaveli

Postby Don Che » September 23, 2018, 11:29 am

I'd rather release Kanter....not because hes better but just a better player for what we are trying to do.
Don Che

Postby thewatcher » September 23, 2018, 12:55 pm

Looking forward to closing thread honestly. :arrow:
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
thewatcher

Postby nazrmohamed » September 23, 2018, 4:55 pm

rebound wrote:kanter is the big man vet. lance the forward vet. and lee the guard vet.
we really don't need anymore vets otherwise you end up with last season getting wiped out by young teams because you are playing jarret jack 30 minutes a night.

expect vonleh to get noah's spot.

Partially agree. Just find it funny cuz I didn't like Jack because what games we won, it was mostly cuz of him. He's actually not a bad backup PG. But like you I didn't like playing him 30 minutes.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby nazrmohamed » September 23, 2018, 4:56 pm

thewatcher wrote:Looking forward to closing thread honestly. :arrow:

:LOL:
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby H20Knick » September 23, 2018, 7:23 pm

i keep forgetting we have kanter.

he's going to win us a few games. :sadno:

I don't really understand at all why we're waiving noah right now though. If you don't need the money now, why do it? Are they that afraid of the NBPA bitching about a potential Noah-banishment?
Fort Knox. Hard Knox. Knock Knox. It doesn't matter. Hall of Fame in 20.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
H20Knick

PreviousNext

Return to New York Knicks