What to do with Noah?

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

What to do with Noah?

Keep him, and play him for 10-15 mpg, mentoring the young guys
55%
Keep him, but as far as possible from our younglings, Hornacek's style
9%
Wave him, and pay him his two remaining seasons ($18.5 million in 2018-19 and $19.3 million in 2019-20)
9%
Wave him before Sept 1st and stretch him ($7,565,000 per year from 2018-19 through 2022-23)
No votes
Wave him after Sept 1st and stretch him ($6.4 million per year from 2019-20 through 2021-22)
18%
Trade him - LOL
9%

Total votes : 11

Re: What to do with Noah?

Postby NewlyKnicked » September 2, 2018, 7:58 am

Before spree kills me over this ;) , it seems Luol was stretched and Idt Noah would be willing to make a sacrifice big enough for us to pay him without stretching
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
NewlyKnicked

Postby NewlyKnicked » September 3, 2018, 4:47 am

The Wolves would be interested in Noah if cut. This should help bringing his money expectations down a bit. Work your magic, Perry!!

https://twitter.com/JonKrawczynski/stat ... 6615929858
NewlyKnicked

Postby Rusty La Rue » September 3, 2018, 7:33 am

NewlyKnicked wrote:The Wolves would be interested in Noah if cut. This should help bringing his money expectations down a bit. Work your magic, Perry!!

https://twitter.com/JonKrawczynski/stat ... 6615929858

Okay now it is time for Perry to get Thibs on the phone... you get Noah + draft picks (next year's pick should be lottery protected) and we get Butler :drool: (I know I am dreaming :cry: )
"Everybody gets excited about youth except the coach, because he knows youth means mistakes, mistakes mean losses, losses means you're fired."
Rusty La Rue

Postby rebound » September 12, 2018, 10:39 am

no waiving yet. should be interesting if he's in training camp. would likely mean he gets to audition in the preseason.
Team Mills
rebound

Postby StevoStarks » September 12, 2018, 11:29 am

And don't stretch.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby spree#8 » September 12, 2018, 12:27 pm

Melo got traded 1 day before camp last season if I remember right, so let's see if we make another move that close to camp again.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby Don Che » September 12, 2018, 12:35 pm

trading him now we would be at a loss.

stretching it doesnt make sense either unless its the diffrence btwn 1 max guy and 2.
Don Che

Postby cragganmor » September 12, 2018, 1:12 pm

Stretching him right now is premature, doesn't give us any advantage over waiting until end of preseason; no need to have our 15 locked in place. We should be patient.
cragganmor

Postby StevoStarks » September 12, 2018, 1:24 pm

Don Che wrote:trading him now we would be at a loss.

stretching it doesnt make sense either unless its the diffrence btwn 1 max guy and 2.

And I just don't know what that scenario is to land 2 FA stars next season. Even if you get rid of Lee, Thomas and Noah, I'm not sure you'll have enough for 2 max contracts. And all the while needing to max out KP too.

So because there's really no way, I'd rather let Noah ride off into the sunset rather than see his stupid contract on the books longer than we need to.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby Don Che » September 12, 2018, 2:15 pm

^^^^^^^^^ precisely
Don Che

Postby spree#8 » September 12, 2018, 5:21 pm

No one believes in a trade. Waiving him is also a move. A move that likely depends solely on whether we allow him back or not. That is IMO the open question. Perry may hold out hope that he gets a favorable buyout done.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby thewatcher » September 12, 2018, 5:57 pm

coach thibs' great idea is to bring back his "old" Bulls players?? OMG Pretty soon it's going to be thibs or KAT. I'm glad we didn't hire Thibs (I never wanted him).
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
thewatcher

Postby StevoStarks » September 12, 2018, 6:01 pm

thewatcher wrote:coach thibs' great idea is to bring back his "old" Bulls players?? OMG Pretty soon it's going to be thibs or KAT. I'm glad we didn't hire Thibs (I never wanted him).

I think his ship sailed. We missed Thibs in his prime.

If we can get a reduced Noah buyout, just knock $10M off that contract so that he can go play for Thibs and get some actual PT, that would be ideal. Not sure Noah is ready to flinch and wants to do his best Le'Veon Bell impersonation.
- Dr. Seuss

- taowave

- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby Don Che » September 12, 2018, 7:16 pm

just let him play...great vet for the young guys to follow.

i want all the vets to run the bench basically....Trey/Lee/Mario/Lance/Noah ....great bench for the young squad.
Don Che

Postby NewlyKnicked » September 13, 2018, 7:23 am

I saw reports that the wolves never really wanted Noah. Thibs is going to fall one short from having the full house. Sad
NewlyKnicked

Postby Don Che » September 13, 2018, 10:21 am

wonder what Wolves fans think of that....because i know if that happened here. We would kill him for it.
Don Che

Postby spree#8 » September 13, 2018, 1:42 pm

If I get him on a minimum deal, I would be happy. Nothing to lose, so no killing of such a move from my side.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby Don Che » September 13, 2018, 3:31 pm

your somewhat logical but everytime a new GM/Coach comes here and bring in "his guys" whoa re always over the hill...w/o making the playoffs since he's been here...us as a fan base flip. it happens every time

id like to know what wolves fans think of it thats all.
Don Che

Postby Boston_PuppyDawg » September 14, 2018, 2:57 pm

Joakim Noah and the Knicks are expected to part ways before training camp, per @ShamsCharania

Noah signed a 4-year/$72M contract with New York in 2016 https://t.co/JIv9yYP74L
Calderon: "It’s no fun when you try to win for the Knicks and people want you out of the Knicks.” (2/18/16)
Boston_PuppyDawg

Postby Don Che » September 14, 2018, 6:07 pm

team wants to develop a competitive fire hard work...defense first identity and gets rid of the only vet that's had success in all those things on this roster.

having an entire roster of 24 year olds is how you make a losing culture.

unless theres more to this story. I disagree 100%
Don Che

PreviousNext

Return to New York Knicks