2018-2019 Tank er, Rebuild

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: 2018-2019 Tank er, Rebuild

Postby nazrmohamed » June 1, 2019, 8:10 am

I think this whole conversation with Mario was under the assumption that we struck out in FA and now choose to rebuild and resign some of our own FAs and STILL you wanna be frugal cuz I still need my room to absorbe my albatross contract for future firsts trades.
Grady- Mario is the KD of tanking. Fiz got worried that playing Jordan would help the Knicks win, so he has to make sure Mario gets plenty of minutes.
nazrmohamed

Postby Don Che » June 1, 2019, 11:59 am

idk why ppl view not signing a major free agent as "striking out"

this is just flexibility..can be managed in several diff ways. signing KD and Kyrie isnt the only way it's a successful offseason.

it's not a knock on your post but just overall perception of building this
Don Che

Postby nazrmohamed » June 1, 2019, 1:02 pm

Well because it's really part of a series of disappointments for me which started with the Knicks mismanaging Krystaps. And save the background speach, I get it. KP is a tool but still doesnt excuse the Knicks and theres gotta be more to that stay woke comment. I mean, a teams job is to improve by any means necessary but let's not act like the Knicks weren't looking for trades for months up to a year.

So sure staying the course is nice but even within that plan we set ourselves back a year. RJ/Knox and KP were supposed to be a core and then I could look toward the future. It really feels like the future starts now even if one were to consider your plan with RJ being that dude. And I'll be honest I dont think anybody is that dude. KP wouldve remained that dude had we drafted RJ Barrett and IDK that Zion himself wouldve surpassed him within his timeline. Stamina, injuries, bitchassness. Say what you want but I dont think people really get the level of talent we lost. Never fully put it all together but that was premier talent no doubt. Just to put things into perspective on KPs final play as a Knick he met Giannes at the three point line, Giannes did one of those crazy moves that nobody seems to stop at full speed and KP stayed to to toe with him the whole time culminating in a block at the rim in which Kristaps landed wrong.

I dont know anybody on our team right now that can do that while still being the teams best offensive threat. And hey F this dude. But it's just a perspective thing. Of we want that level of talent free agency does indeed matter, cuz it ain't here
Grady- Mario is the KD of tanking. Fiz got worried that playing Jordan would help the Knicks win, so he has to make sure Mario gets plenty of minutes.
nazrmohamed

Postby Don Che » June 3, 2019, 5:37 am

losing KP set us back a couple years and I agree with everything you said.

RJ/Knox and KP would of been a scary core to build with

now in my mind I just put Mitch in KP's place. Not saying it's better because it isnt but Mitch's defense potential is what makes it intriguing to see going forward

and if Dennis puts it together he could easily be added to that core of players
Don Che

Postby NewlyKnicked » June 3, 2019, 7:39 am

Knox is further back than DSJ imo. I understand that he's just a freshman, but still he is very very raw. Shooting, playmaking, vision, rebounding, defense in general... so many areas. I hope he puts it all together and his 2nd year should be better, but he's going to need a lot more time
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
NewlyKnicked

Postby Don Che » June 3, 2019, 8:40 am

NewlyKnicked wrote:Knox is further back than DSJ imo. I understand that he's just a freshman, but still he is very very raw. Shooting, playmaking, vision, rebounding, defense in general... so many areas. I hope he puts it all together and his 2nd year should be better, but he's going to need a lot more time

I actually agree with that

Dennis showed flashes of what he can do and he is def further along.

his skill set does need to increase but I like his mentality on the floor...hes not trying to be anyone's friend...its all business out there. RJ is similar and I like that....I think they both will be as good as their shooting is as a duo but their ability to attack and get out in transition will be deadly from day 1.

esp throwing Mitch into that mix
Don Che

Postby taowave » June 7, 2019, 12:21 pm

Looks like our best PG is still in the mix..

In making good on his campaign promise, Knicks coach David Fizdale has dispatched top assistant Keith Smart to Oracle Arena for Friday’s Game 4. He will bring along youngsters Kevin Knox, Allonzo Trier and end-of-season surprise, point guard Kadeem Allen, according to an NBA official.
taowave

Postby StevoStarks » June 7, 2019, 1:25 pm

I like that. Show the kids the atmosphere of the finals.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby Don Che » June 7, 2019, 2:54 pm

Kadeem is the man....great back up for a good PG.

think he showed more in his time this year on both ends than Frank/Trier did.
Don Che

Postby H20Knick » June 7, 2019, 3:08 pm

Don Che wrote:Kadeem is the man....great back up for a good PG.

think he showed more in his time this year on both ends than Frank/Trier did.

well he's 26 years old... so thats kind of what you'd expect considering Trier went undrafted and frank is a bunch of things Im not going to say because im not starting a flamewar on a friday afternoon.
In RJ we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
H20Knick

Postby taowave » June 7, 2019, 3:32 pm

Bring it :happy:
taowave

Postby nazrmohamed » June 7, 2019, 6:57 pm

Do it....do it.
nazrmohamed

Postby taowave » June 7, 2019, 9:25 pm

I can feel H20 in his lab crunching numbers....
taowave

Postby Don Che » June 8, 2019, 5:04 am

I just like that the Raptors proved that building a team actually works ....when the best player on a super team is hurt lol but who cares...GS still rolled out 4 all stars and lost to a superstar and Kyle Lowry
Don Che

Previous

Return to New York Knicks