2018-2019 Tank er, Rebuild

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: 2018-2019 Tank err, Rebuild

Postby big_j_NY » November 7, 2018, 1:31 am

Grimes is listed at SG, but he definitely is more of a lead guard as rebound has confirmed. A true scoring combo-guard that would fit alongside a "passive guard" like Frank in the backcourt
big_j_NY wrote:.....................full sail ahead to the Era of RJ
User avatar
big_j_NY
 
Joined: December 29, 2005, 11:47 pm
Location: Houston, TX.........Queens, NY born & raised

Re: 2018-2019 Tank err, Rebuild

Postby PistolPete » November 7, 2018, 2:05 am

rebound wrote:zion looks like a franchise changing player.


Agree. He can do whatever he wants on the court and there isn't much teams can do to stop him.
Damn it feels good to be a tankster.
User avatar
PistolPete
 
Joined: May 13, 2008, 9:38 pm
Location: Hall of Fame

Re: 2018-2019 Tank err, Rebuild

Postby NewlyKnicked » November 7, 2018, 8:54 am

Interesting stat from B/R:

"The New York Knicks are—please sit down for this—doing everything correctly during a rebuilding season.

Rather than forcing the issue without Kristaps Porzingis and turning prominent rotation spots over to veterans who don't factor into the long-term plans, they're letting everyone play. That's not hyperbolic, considering the Knicks have an eye-popping 13 players logging at least 10 minutes per game. While that number is slightly boosted by Kevin Knox's injury, which opened up more opportunities for other players even without disqualifying him from consideration, it's still impressive.

After all, no other team has hit a baker's dozen.

The Atlanta Hawks, Chicago Bulls, Detroit Pistons, Golden State Warriors, Los Angeles Clippers, New Orleans Pelicans and Sacramento Kings are all at 12, but the Knicks are alone at 13. And that's allowed them to simultaneously foster surges from Noah Vonleh and Mitchell Robinson while giving Emmanuel Mudiay, Damyean Dotson and others shots at earning more prominent roles.

The Knicks aren't going to make the playoffs. They might as well see what they have, and they're handling that process properly thus far. "
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
User avatar
NewlyKnicked
 
Joined: November 2, 2016, 12:08 pm

Re: 2018-2019 Tank err, Rebuild

Postby shakespeare » November 7, 2018, 10:01 am

Very impressive with Duke’s three-headed monster [Barrett, Reddish, Williamson]. I don’t think we can lose with either player. Strangely enough, not many “experts” have Duke winning it all.
#TeamTank
User avatar
shakespeare
Writer
 
Joined: June 28, 2004, 2:43 am
Location: Manhattan, NY

Re: 2018-2019 Tank err, Rebuild

Postby shakespeare » November 7, 2018, 10:45 am

#TeamTank
User avatar
shakespeare
Writer
 
Joined: June 28, 2004, 2:43 am
Location: Manhattan, NY

Re: 2018-2019 Tank err, Rebuild

Postby shakespeare » November 7, 2018, 10:46 am

#TeamTank
User avatar
shakespeare
Writer
 
Joined: June 28, 2004, 2:43 am
Location: Manhattan, NY

Re: 2018-2019 Tank err, Rebuild

Postby Don Che » November 7, 2018, 11:57 am

NewlyKnicked wrote:Interesting stat from B/R:

"The New York Knicks are—please sit down for this—doing everything correctly during a rebuilding season.

Rather than forcing the issue without Kristaps Porzingis and turning prominent rotation spots over to veterans who don't factor into the long-term plans, they're letting everyone play. That's not hyperbolic, considering the Knicks have an eye-popping 13 players logging at least 10 minutes per game. While that number is slightly boosted by Kevin Knox's injury, which opened up more opportunities for other players even without disqualifying him from consideration, it's still impressive.

After all, no other team has hit a baker's dozen.

The Atlanta Hawks, Chicago Bulls, Detroit Pistons, Golden State Warriors, Los Angeles Clippers, New Orleans Pelicans and Sacramento Kings are all at 12, but the Knicks are alone at 13. And that's allowed them to simultaneously foster surges from Noah Vonleh and Mitchell Robinson while giving Emmanuel Mudiay, Damyean Dotson and others shots at earning more prominent roles.

The Knicks aren't going to make the playoffs. They might as well see what they have, and they're handling that process properly thus far. "



100% with this statement...it just sucks because as a poster in this forum...its hard to complain when you agree with the wave we are on.

This year is about instilling accountability on defense and open tryouts on who's gonna be role players(and what role) when we get our 1 and potentially 2 all stars with KP and a top 5 pick.

and if I was a stud wing player and I mean the Tracy McGrady's/Kobe's/Lebron/KD's of the world....I'd love Mitch/Dotson/Frank just because they handle or atleast have the talent/tools to handle a lot of the little things. Let alone KP as a duo and a bench that has alot of fire power with Burke/Trier/Kanter.

in theory...Knox could be that guy but its way to early to see him as a rotation player let alone a top 15 talent.
User avatar
Don Che
 
Joined: September 23, 2007, 4:53 pm
Location: Queens

Re: 2018-2019 Tank err, Rebuild

Postby NewlyKnicked » November 8, 2018, 7:01 am

Some love for Dotson: https://knicksfilmschool.com/2018/11/06 ... ond-round/

The author makes it sound so easy to hit the jackpot in the 2nd round lol. Hopefully we're advanced enough in the rebuild process that we don't miss Clarence too much
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
User avatar
NewlyKnicked
 
Joined: November 2, 2016, 12:08 pm

Re: 2018-2019 Tank err, Rebuild

Postby rebound » November 8, 2018, 7:02 am

darius garland looked great. someone to aim for if the knicks are mid to late lotto.
Team Mills
User avatar
rebound
 
Joined: January 22, 2004, 12:42 am

Re: 2018-2019 Tank err, Rebuild

Postby rebound » November 8, 2018, 9:05 am

the next game vs Orlando will be telling if the knicks team will be late lotto/fringe playoffs or mid to high lottery.

so far the knicks have beaten the bottom of the barrell with Timmy: ATL, BK, Dallas but have also lost to it without him: WAS(played injured) and CHI.
Team Mills
User avatar
rebound
 
Joined: January 22, 2004, 12:42 am

Re: 2018-2019 Tank err, Rebuild

Postby thewatcher » November 8, 2018, 10:46 am

rebound wrote:the next game vs Orlando will be telling if the knicks team will be late lotto/fringe playoffs or mid to high lottery.

so far the knicks have beaten the bottom of the barrell with Timmy: ATL, BK, Dallas but have also lost to it without him: WAS(played injured) and CHI.
Lets give Team-Tank another chance and agree to join them if we lose THIS game!! :LOL:
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
User avatar
thewatcher
 
Joined: September 12, 2007, 8:19 am

Re: 2018-2019 Tank err, Rebuild

Postby taowave » November 8, 2018, 12:20 pm

Brutal W for team Tank last night..

Muddy and Fran got hot..Crusher..

Fizdale offence is UGLY
taowave
 
Joined: July 7, 2005, 9:54 pm

Re: 2018-2019 Tank err, Rebuild

Postby big_j_NY » November 8, 2018, 2:54 pm

taowave wrote:Brutal W for team Tank last night..

Muddy and Fran got hot..Crusher..

Fizdale offence is UGLY


What offense? :LOL: :LOL:
big_j_NY wrote:.....................full sail ahead to the Era of RJ
User avatar
big_j_NY
 
Joined: December 29, 2005, 11:47 pm
Location: Houston, TX.........Queens, NY born & raised

Re: 2018-2019 Tank err, Rebuild

Postby Don Che » November 8, 2018, 3:26 pm

he had a brand new team and the youngest team in the NBA.

IDT this squad can handle a complicated offense.
User avatar
Don Che
 
Joined: September 23, 2007, 4:53 pm
Location: Queens

Re: 2018-2019 Tank err, Rebuild

Postby ISIAH_THOMAS » November 8, 2018, 6:11 pm

Now nine months removed from ACL surgery, Kristaps Porzingis’ return to playing basketball doesn’t feel any closer.

The Latvian is still not sprinting, according to coach David Fizdale, and remains at about the same level as prior to training camp: he’s shooting and jogging lightly.
TAKE THAT FOR DATA
User avatar
ISIAH_THOMAS
 
Joined: October 13, 2014, 11:25 pm

Re: 2018-2019 Tank err, Rebuild

Postby thewatcher » November 8, 2018, 6:52 pm

since business wise there's no reason to comeback before March, if at all, because of the risk of another injury, he's taking the slow approach to rehab. Makes sense, he wants his next contract, can't say i wouldn't feel the same way.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
User avatar
thewatcher
 
Joined: September 12, 2007, 8:19 am

Re: 2018-2019 Tank err, Rebuild

Postby Don Che » November 11, 2018, 4:44 am

think this fiz/KP situation shows that we cant believe everything we here...like I usually say.

anyone else think Knox has a better chance competing at the 4?

I only see him being a scorer and rebounder. doesnt have the IQ and selflessness to be a 3.

and on defense ...foot speed is the name of the game and he lacks that. at the 4 you can add real wing players around him
User avatar
Don Che
 
Joined: September 23, 2007, 4:53 pm
Location: Queens

Re: 2018-2019 Tank err, Rebuild

Postby rebound » November 11, 2018, 6:30 pm

Don Che wrote:think this fiz/KP situation shows that we cant believe everything we here...like I usually say.

anyone else think Knox has a better chance competing at the 4?

I only see him being a scorer and rebounder. doesnt have the IQ and selflessness to be a 3.

and on defense ...foot speed is the name of the game and he lacks that. at the 4 you can add real wing players around him


quite possibly as he adds strength. could be like the clippers with tobias and danilo where either one can play the 3 or 4.
Team Mills
User avatar
rebound
 
Joined: January 22, 2004, 12:42 am

Re: 2018-2019 Tank err, Rebuild

Postby PistolPete » November 13, 2018, 10:43 am

As of today, Knicks are 4-10 and have the 4th worst record in the NBA. Next opponent is OKC on 11/14.
Damn it feels good to be a tankster.
User avatar
PistolPete
 
Joined: May 13, 2008, 9:38 pm
Location: Hall of Fame

Re: 2018-2019 Tank err, Rebuild

Postby ISIAH_THOMAS » November 13, 2018, 12:06 pm

Schedule rest of the month is brutal

@ magic who just blew us out

@ pistons


Are easiest games
TAKE THAT FOR DATA
User avatar
ISIAH_THOMAS
 
Joined: October 13, 2014, 11:25 pm

PreviousNext

Return to New York Knicks

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 13 guests

cron