2018-2019 Tank er, Rebuild

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: 2018-2019 Tank err, Rebuild

Postby shakespeare » August 15, 2018, 4:36 pm

Knicks are light-years away from being a championship team. First, they need to show they can build a perennial playoff team. Rest assured: If and when that time comes, THJ won’t be the starting shooting guard.

And you’ve unfairly criticized Porzingis as well.

I definitely feel what you’re saying, though. Don’t get me wrong. We all want the top-notch players in the league. But the top-notch players in the league aren’t signing with New York. That’s the elephant in the room that you refuse to address.

THJ will lead New York in scoring this season. Book it. And $17 million per season is chump change in today’s NBA.
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby shakespeare » August 15, 2018, 4:47 pm

I don’t think New York signed THJ simply because they had money to sign him. That’s not what I’m saying. I believe they signed him cause he’d produce. Look at all the Knicks free agents signed within the past decade and tell me where THJ fits on the list as far as salary and production?

Then you’ll began to see what I’m saying.

It’s not THJ nor those other overpaid free agents that didn’t earn their monies that’s the problem — it’s the front office.

Again, your problem is with the Knicks front office.
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby shakespeare » August 15, 2018, 4:52 pm

On another note, the New Orleans Saints are poised to return to the Super Bowl this season.

I can’t wait.

We added more talent [middle linebacker and another pass rusher] to the defense which is exactly what we needed to do.
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby nazrmohamed » August 15, 2018, 11:07 pm

Just be careful guys when talking about starters on playoff teams. I know allot of guys who'd start anywhere yet have trouble staying in the playoffs or advancing in them. And I know guys who start on contenders but might not start on a mid tier team.

For the team I'm trying to build I just don't think To me a starter but I can tell you that just by watching him and I actually enjoy watching him play. I think it would be an honor if he were in the Louis Williams tier of 6th men.

But yeah. We're gonna lose allot of games this year. I'll have fun just watching development and critiquing but I expect pretty much nothing in terms of results.
Grady- Mario is the KD of tanking. Fiz got worried that playing Jordan would help the Knicks win, so he has to make sure Mario gets plenty of minutes.
nazrmohamed

Postby Don Che » August 16, 2018, 12:21 am

this year is gonna be the best year for us draft junkies.

plus all we gotta do is watch 2 or 3 teams.

Knicks

Duke

maybe Kansas

the maturity and progress of Knox frank mario is all I care about
Don Che

Postby gradyandrew » August 16, 2018, 3:56 am

And seriously, who ever thought (besides LBJ) that JR would start on a championship team and be the second or third best player ?
This is a FAN page that relies on its members for content and commentary. So don't be a lurker, be a POSTER, even if it's just a picture of a fat guy eating a hamburger.
gradyandrew

Postby rebound » August 16, 2018, 11:01 am

ok i am willing to throw in the towel this season for a 14% chance at a zion,kp frontcourt.

im sure philly will end up with him or some dumb team will pick barrett 1st and celtics will get him at 2.
Team Mills
rebound

Postby rebound » August 16, 2018, 11:04 am

l'd phil back as gm over vivek and divac any day.
Team Mills
rebound

Postby shakespeare » August 16, 2018, 12:27 pm

Don Che wrote:this year is gonna be the best year for us draft junkies.

#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby rebound » August 16, 2018, 1:03 pm

next year's lottery should be fun.
Team Mills
rebound

Postby nazrmohamed » August 16, 2018, 2:52 pm

rebound wrote:ok i am willing to throw in the towel this season for a 14% chance at a zion,kp frontcourt.

im sure philly will end up with him or some dumb team will pick barrett 1st and celtics will get him at 2.

Oh god no. Well let's see how he does at Duke but I don't really know that Zion is a skilled player. Is he really gonna be a 6'6 PF in the nba. Draymond gives some hope but dude grinds. Zion seemingly only dunks basketballs on offense.
Grady- Mario is the KD of tanking. Fiz got worried that playing Jordan would help the Knicks win, so he has to make sure Mario gets plenty of minutes.
nazrmohamed

Postby rebound » August 16, 2018, 4:58 pm

nazrmohamed wrote:
Oh god no. Well let's see how he does at Duke but I don't really know that Zion is a skilled player. Is he really gonna be a 6'6 PF in the nba. Draymond gives some hope but dude grinds. Zion seemingly only dunks basketballs on offense.

he's an extremely powerful yet fluid athlete. he has shown an acceptable set shot. he definitely can finish at the rim with creativity and not just dunks.

if you liked anthony mason or larry johnson you will like zion williamson. he's a rare combination of strength and athleticism.

ofc you cant put all your eggs in one basket, barrett looked great as well. cam ddnt play and there are other guys like little, langford, grimes, and sekou that should be in the conversation.

something to hold out hope for if this season takes an ugly turn.
Team Mills
rebound

Postby shakespeare » August 16, 2018, 5:13 pm

Here’s a write-up on Zion after the game, interesting player to say the least:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports. ... 44378/Amp/
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby shakespeare » August 16, 2018, 5:15 pm

rebound wrote:
if you liked anthony mason or larry johnson you will like zion williamson. he's a rare combination of strength and athleticism.

Once I saw Zion go end to end with a rebound and deliver a powerful dunk, it reminded me of the first time I witnessed a 6ers highlight of Charles Barkley.
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby NewlyKnicked » August 17, 2018, 4:57 am

rebound wrote:l'd phil back as gm over vivek and divac any day.

Interesting take.

Vivek and Divac are picking draftees without any vision regarding fit whatsoever, then they sprinkle a couple vets at the same positions for good measure. They also suck big time regarding trades and talent evaluation as illustrated by the grand DMC for Buddy "future Curry" Hield + Tyreke (who was then shipped away for pennies) and change. Finally they pollute the team with weird comments coming out of nowhere.

Phil picked draftees according to an outdated vision, then he sprinkled a couple outdated vets for good measure. He also sucked big time regarding value estimation as illustrated by the grand Noah contract. Finally he polluted the team with weird comments coming out of nowhere mostly trashing his franchise player he just extended for huge $.

Idk, this is a toughie :?
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
NewlyKnicked

Postby nazrmohamed » August 17, 2018, 8:52 am

shakespeare wrote:Here’s a write-up on Zion after the game, interesting player to say the least:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports. ... 44378/Amp/

Hmm, interesting. Still gotta see ALOT more but after youtubing the game I liked what I saw. Even still though, I knew he was athletic. His game translates to a PF more than a wing but get the guy some pick and roll and you might have something here. Maybe like a cross between Blake Griffin and a Paul Milsap but in either case better work on that jumper.
nazrmohamed

Postby Don Che » August 18, 2018, 9:24 am

can you imagine Zion Knox on the break....smh KP trailing.

Zion is a level of athlete on the Blake and Lebron level

hes not as skilled as Blake but he seems to have a bit more nasty to him
Don Che

Postby rebound » August 18, 2018, 10:56 am

stop it don, it's still only august 2018 :drool:
Team Mills
rebound

Postby cragganmor » August 18, 2018, 2:29 pm

Zion is THE freak athlete of this draft; nobody with his speed, strength, hops. He needs to show upside on his skills: shooting, passing, dribbling, defense. Right now he projects kinda like Barkley, an undersized pf, but needs to fill out his game to be a winner.
cragganmor

Postby spree#8 » August 19, 2018, 8:36 am

More pick-up footage. This time THJ playing with Wall, Rozier, Whiteside in Miami:
#knickstape
spree#8

PreviousNext

Return to New York Knicks