The Mitchell Robinson/ Money Makin Mitch Thread

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

ISIAH_THOMAS
Likes given: 52

Fizdale:

“I’m looking at our future, and we understand that to build the organization and the team that we want, we got to be a defensive-minded team, and MITCHELL ROBINSON is a superior natural defender, so I just felt like let’s get this generated now.”

via
@NYPost_Berman

https://nypost.com/2018/11/02/knicks-do ... ssion=true
Fxck Adam Silver
StevoStarks
Likes given: 9

A guy walked by me at work and said he hated Fizdale. I asked why and he said because Kanter wasn't getting as many minutes and it was affecting his fantasy team. Hahaha.

I told him to get with the program since Kanter won't be here next year and it's time to get Mitch Robinson some minutes.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

ISIAH_THOMAS wrote:Fizdale:

“I’m looking at our future, and we understand that to build the organization and the team that we want, we got to be a defensive-minded team, and MITCHELL ROBINSON is a superior natural defender, so I just felt like let’s get this generated now.”

via
@NYPost_Berman

https://nypost.com/2018/11/02/knicks-do ... ssion=true
That's a bold move, but the right one. Love that Fiz is sending the right messages to this young squad, focused on the future.
StevoStarks

Bold, and at the same time, right. And smart. And making the tough decisions for the greater good. Not because of status, not because of contracts, not because of experience. Simply, the right move vs. the wrong move. Wow isn't that refreshing.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 251

And what's awesome is we're watching it happen live. To actually watch a great prospect mature before our eyes is something to behold. We started it with KP but I think KP was different in that he was very skilled but underdeveloped physically. Robinson has insane raw tools and lots of athleticism. His development will be alot different but should only flourish going up against KP in practice. As athletic as he looks I often find myself envisioning how this play or that play might've played out if he were a bit stronger or filled out. Mitchell in 2 yrs sent back in time would've pummeled Dwight Howard. Idk about Dwight's prime but last night; last night he would've abused him. Then of course we got Sheed doing us favors and I'm probably more excited about Mitchell than any other prospect. I'd argue that his potential is higher than anyone other than Porzingis and KP might be nearing his potential, save for a drastic physical change. A change reminiscent of Pao Gasol, where his first 5 seasons dude was bouncy, jumping everywhere making athletic movements. After year five his body filled out and he simply overpowered defenders yet stopped being as spry.
But yes, Robinson already showing ROE and then some. Hes gotta get way smarter too. I can envision anything but dreams get killed if the iq don't improve.
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1127

[youtube]38u-G-1VVus[/youtube]
ISIAH_THOMAS

His numbers for now (and rookie ranking among qualifying players): .202 WS/48 (1st), 4.4 BPM (1st), 141 ORtg (1st), 0.3 VORP (3rd), 13.5 Reb% (5th). Oh and also: 107 DRtg (21st – welp) and 12.3 DReb% (15th). The defensive part needs a bit of smoothening, but he’s good. I wish he played a little more tonight, only 16 minutes for him.
Fxck Adam Silver
nazrmohamed

ISIAH_THOMAS wrote:His numbers for now (and rookie ranking among qualifying players): .202 WS/48 (1st), 4.4 BPM (1st), 141 ORtg (1st), 0.3 VORP (3rd), 13.5 Reb% (5th). Oh and also: 107 DRtg (21st – welp) and 12.3 DReb% (15th). The defensive part needs a bit of smoothening, but he’s good. I wish he played a little more tonight, only 16 minutes for him.
See that's why advanced stats make little sense to me. The guy scores like 5 points and blocks everything yet his offensive ratings are awesome and hes a trash defender. Ok.

But besides ranting I think foul trouble hurts him. At this point and I love the guy as a prospect hes closer to Javalle McGee, a player who has always blocked a ton of shots and will always rebound with good minutes than a true stud. Still early enough to change that and hell, it's an iota into his rookie year. I'm not damning the guy but he needs to improve his IQ in a major way. He jumps at everything, bites on every fake and has horrible positioning.

If I were the Knicks I'd pay Sheed to babysit him all next summer.
Don Che

I think JM is a good comparison Nazr. The difference btwn him and Tyson Chandler is really coaching and having stability/opportunity.

JM as a prospect was as talented as he wanted to be...just think his lack of IQ and coaches eithr being fired/trading him kind of led him to how he's viewed now. He never was placed ina role and told to focus just on that role for a long time and given tim to do it in extended stretches.

the moment Tyson was told..."this is who you are" he upgraded his game...same with Capela. Also throw in good passers to make life easy for him.

Fiz has made it clear what he wants Mitch to be...we already have scorers on the team..just need passers and give him a chance.

dont draft anyone for his spot(unless its a complete stud) and show trust to him that he's the guy.

and make the coaching staff earn their checks and work with him to be disciplined on that side of the floor
NYGM
Likes given: 481

Is all about the skill set..

He's going to improve defensively with coaching..

Offensively we don't know if he can expand his game, he's so young.. He's like Mo Bamba without the hype.. let's see..
ISIAH_THOMAS

Fxck Adam Silver
Don Che

not sure what that means...but im guessing its good
StevoStarks

Don Che wrote:not sure what that means...but im guessing its good
- Dr. Seuss

- taowave

- rynyk222
ISIAH_THOMAS

wait until this guy puts on weight

Slowly getting better

Already over a 20 per

best prospect the Knicks have drafted since krispy kreme
Fxck Adam Silver
Don Che

hes around 225 now.....he needs to get to 245 to survive

DJ is around 265...along with Adam's.

Tyson Chandler wasnt too heavy but I feel like he has the most nagging injuries of those type of guys
nazrmohamed

Don Che wrote:hes around 225 now.....he needs to get to 245 to survive

DJ is around 265...along with Adam's.

Tyson Chandler wasnt too heavy but I feel like he has the most nagging injuries of those type of guys
Well that's another 3 yrs. For now I'd be happy to see him get to 235 this offseason. I like that hes so mobile. At 235 his body could adjust and still maintain the speed. I really cant wait to see him after the offseason. Hes the best pick based on where we drafted him since maybe Trevor Ariza and Ariza was nowhere as good here.
Don Che

agreed ...Mitch was a steal but I'd still be patient with him.
Don Che

Mitch is top 5 in blocks per game at 17 mins per game.

Crazy
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

He should have been included in the Rising Stars game instead of Knox.
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1127

Don Che wrote:Mitch is top 5 in blocks per game at 17 mins per game.

Crazy
He appears to be progressing quicker than DJ did in his rookie year

DJ averaged 1.1 blocks in 15 minutes of play in his rookie year (the Clippers were tanking during his rookie season too)
Mitch is smacking 2 blocks away in 17 minutes

And both guys grabbed around 4-5 boards a game in limited minutes as well in their rookie seasons

Even having DJ on the roster and locker room will be doing wonders for this kid's development............having our own future DJ in Mitch is an exciting possibility indeed after looking at the comparisons between the 2 guys rookie years