The Mitchell Robinson/ Money Makin Mitch Thread

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: The Mitchell Robinson/ Money Makin Mitch Thread

Postby cragganmor » July 15, 2018, 3:44 pm

Sorry, but Mitch is not ready to be an NBA starter. Way too foul-happy. He needs to understand when to challenge, how to be patient instead of gambling. He will struggle against smaller, stronger players if he keeps reaching instead of moving his feet. These are fixable problems, but will need time.
cragganmor

Postby shakespeare » July 15, 2018, 3:59 pm

cragganmor wrote:Sorry, but Mitch is not ready to be an NBA starter.

Agreed.

I’d like to see Robinson [and others] earn his minutes via hard work, dedication and most importantly experience. In other words, let’s see if he can grind.
The Porzingis blessing is real.
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby NewlyKnicked » July 16, 2018, 5:25 am

cragganmor wrote:Sorry, but Mitch is not ready to be an NBA starter. Way too foul-happy. He needs to understand when to challenge, how to be patient instead of gambling. He will struggle against smaller, stronger players if he keeps reaching instead of moving his feet. These are fixable problems, but will need time.

Exactly, he's very promising and much more advanced than expected, but the road is still long before we have that gem C we all envision
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
NewlyKnicked

Postby NewlyKnicked » July 16, 2018, 7:54 am

https://nypost.com/2018/07/14/mitchell- ... reddit.com

Someone please start a Raymond Brothers appreciation thread :LOL:
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
NewlyKnicked

Postby Don Che » July 16, 2018, 12:10 pm

lil wild because Mills said he knew the agents...which means it could of been done all on purpose...so he can drop to 36

and to lose his job over it lol but its our gain. w/e
Don Che

Postby nazrmohamed » July 16, 2018, 1:21 pm

Don Che wrote:lil wild because Mills said he knew the agents...which means it could of been done all on purpose...so he can drop to 36

and to lose his job over it lol but its our gain. w/e

You will come to learn that Mills knows everyone's agent.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby ISIAH_THOMAS » July 16, 2018, 3:22 pm

DraftExpressContent
DraftExpressContent
@DXContent
Top 5 prospects in the 2018 #nbadraft class in PER @nbasummerleague (min. 3 GP / 20+ MPG)

1. Mitchell Robinson (35.0) @nyknicks
2. Wendell Carter (26.8) @chicagobulls
3. Svi Mykhailiuk (26.6) @Lakers
4. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (25.7) @LAClippers
5. Jaren Jackson (23.2) @memgrizz

https://mobile.twitter.com/DXContent/st ... 8197656577

Future hall of famer confirmed
TAKE THAT FOR DATA
ISIAH_THOMAS

Postby cragganmor » July 16, 2018, 3:55 pm

More proof that teaching MRob how to defend w/o fouling is essential; gotta stay in the game to be impactful.
cragganmor

Postby Don Che » July 16, 2018, 3:57 pm

Red mentioned someone that "cleans up the mess" and not for nothing...he can easily be that guy.

saw him block as many jump shots than layups/dunks and with his tools/high motor..he may not be great but he will def not fail.
Don Che

Postby cragganmor » July 17, 2018, 10:58 am

I think his motor is what surprised me the most about him. The length, quickness and hops were obvious, but when someone sits out a full year, declines the combine, it's rarely a good sign.

He has the ability to step in and play 12-15mpg right away, but I'd keep him on a leash to rein in any bad defensive habits. His ceiling is KG, that's what's at stake.
cragganmor

Postby Don Che » July 17, 2018, 12:15 pm

him and Knox had surprising motors.
Don Che

Postby cragganmor » July 17, 2018, 12:23 pm

Good point.

When's the last time we got 2 draft picks with outstanding motors? It's like the GM finally listened to the fan base.
cragganmor

Postby StevoStarks » July 17, 2018, 1:15 pm

cragganmor wrote:Good point.

When's the last time we got 2 draft picks with outstanding motors? It's like the GM finally listened to the fan base.

Outside of KP, and the massive amount of question marks of what he was going to be in his rookie season, it's been awhile since I walked away from a draft this excited about our pick(s).

It truly feels like there are people in charge that know what they're doing and are aware of the evolution and landscape of today's NBA.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby StevoStarks » July 17, 2018, 1:17 pm

Despite a relatively strong projection based on his effective play in the 2016 Nike EYBL, Robinson still leads all rookies on this list by virtue of the best per-minute win percentage for any player in summer league this year. Robinson made 67 percent of his 2-point attempts, pulled down more than a quarter of all available offensive rebounds and swatted one in every seven opponent 2-point attempts. He's the early favorite for steal of the draft.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24116543/can-nba-summer-league-predict-surprise-stars
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby cragganmor » July 19, 2018, 12:14 pm

He has an insane PER of 35 or close to it. Just want to be sure he fixes his foul prone ways, make better decisions. He's going to get lots of dunks, blocks and rebounds, has to learn how to stay in the game AND be effective.
cragganmor

Postby NYGM » July 20, 2018, 1:35 pm

10:27 AM
Mitchell Robinson skipped college and the NBA combine. He didn't play organized ball for a year, and scouts hadn't seen him outside workout settings since the 2017 Jordan Brand Classic (15 points, 7-of-7 FG). They should have rolled the dice anyway.
He led all of summer league in player efficiency rating (minimum four games), and now the question is, just how big of a steal did the New York Knicks get?

Hot take: He'll be better than two Top Six bigs in Marvin Bagley III and Mohamed Bamba.

Despite missing a season's worth of action, Robinson proved his athleticism and timing haven't gone anywhere. He set a record dating back to 2004, blocking 4.0 shots per game in just 24.7 minutes, per RealGM.com.

We've already established that Bagley will have trouble in the pros. And while Bamba has the chance to be special, Robinson brings a whole new level of explosiveness, power and energy in the paint.

His 14.0 percent block rate and 21.3 rebounding percentage blew away Bamba's (9.4 percent BLK, 14.1 percent REB). He didn't take jumpers in Las Vegas, but Robinson still averaged 13.0 points on 66.7 percent from the field.

Robinson has a better chance to be Clint Capela 2.0 than Bamba does to be the next Rudy Gobert.
NYGM

Postby Don Che » July 20, 2018, 3:56 pm

Mitch can be our "ben wallace" and i dont mean similar player but just his presence on the floor. He looks like he can guard 5-3 and even some 2's once he understands the NBA game and angles better.

Bamba being able to shoot from up top and pass a lil bit puts him ahead of Mitch but still.

I also dont like this clint capela stuff.....I think he can be a tyson chandler type who i'd take over clint and he's a better athlete than all those guys minus Ben.
Don Che

Postby NYGM » July 20, 2018, 6:06 pm

I like the fact he's another plus defender.. We need more of those.. Both with KP in the court and when he sits Robinson ability to protect the rim would be needed..

I think the Capela stuff is about being a big who's not a scoring one but can impact the game in both sides (not being a liability).
NYGM

Postby Red » August 1, 2018, 7:36 am

G-League? You mean O.G. League? 8-)

His trainer Marcell Scott can now laugh at the notion of Knicks 7-foot center Mitchell Robinson getting seasoning in the G-League as a rookie.

“I knew once they saw Mitchell on the court and saw all the stuff he brings to the table, the G-League would be eliminated from the conversation,’’ 
Knicks president Steve Mills made it clear that New York plans to sign a star in the 2019 offseason. "Porzingis is a magnet."

"I’m ready to come out and show people I’m able to play defense...’’Kevin Knox
Red

Postby Rusty La Rue » August 1, 2018, 7:53 am

I wanted Bamba in the draft so that when got a Bamba clone in the 2nd round is just amazing :drool:
"Everybody gets excited about youth except the coach, because he knows youth means mistakes, mistakes mean losses, losses means you're fired."
Rusty La Rue

PreviousNext

Return to New York Knicks