Knicks 2018-2019 roster discussion

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

shakespeare
Likes given: 0

Watcher. We’re on the same page with the air of excitement surrounding Burke and Knox. :thumbsup:
#TeamTank
StevoStarks
Likes given: 9

I'm excited that we have no bad vibes on the team. All the overpaid, egotistical, frustrated, too good for a rebuild personalities are gone from the team and everyone is down for the cause.

It's just about basketball and getting better. No other distractions. At least until Dolan has an ex player tackled and thrown from a game next season.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

Hungry, young roster overall. We're gonna find out how much character they have this season, they're gonna need it.
shakespeare

cragganmor wrote:We're gonna find out how much character they have this season, they're gonna need it.
Agreed.

Outside of THJ and Burke taking the majority of the team’s shots and Kanter’s rebounding being among the league leaders, I’ve no idea what to expect this season. And I doubt if the players themselves have any idea.
#TeamTank
shakespeare

Also, THJ will lead the Knicks in scoring.
#TeamTank
cragganmor

I think tc will be a battle between Mudiay, Baker, Kadeem and Hicks for two 3rd string depth roles. Hicks is on a 2 way, so his spot has flexibility, Allen could slide into his spot to get us to a 15 man roster.
NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 162

I read somewhere that Nurse, Toronto’s new coach, said he will go into the season with 6 starters, meaning that he has 6 players he can choose from to start according to matchups and game plans. I like that, and we should be thinking about our roster the same way imo
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
Don Che

it going to take awhile to settle how the rotation will play out.

thats one of the cons of having a lot of multipositional players...which is why chemistry may really be rough at first.

as long as Knox/Frank are getting 30 minutes...im ok.
NewlyKnicked

I’d like Mitch to get 15 as well but he may be even more raw (rawer??) than we think. I’ll trust the staff on his playing time
cragganmor

NewlyKnicked wrote:I’d like Mitch to get 15 as well but he may be even more raw (rawer??) than we think. I’ll trust the staff on his playing time
he's super talented, but raw. Some nights he'll be incredible, but other nights inconsistent. He did his damage in sl just on his freakish tools, motor and feel for the game. He needs to learn p&r coverage, stop reaching for the ball, how to hold his position in the paint vs NBA talent. Give him time, I think he has the work ethic, we'll see how much passion for the game he has.
NewlyKnicked

I want to see him play, but Im not sure if it wouldn’t be more valuable for him to go the GL road. He could learn the fundamentals just as well and get plenty more pt... However he wouldn’t be under the nose of our development-heavy staff... what do you think?
Don Che

he should do both

practice with us and play 30 mins a night there when he can.

but all the things he does now....you cant teach...depending on his mental state...he can just "get it" after TC and preseason. only thing he wont do no matter what is box out...hes just too thin...and he may survive since the NBA doesnt have bruisers.
shakespeare

Hm.

#TeamTank
rebound
Likes given: 1141

cragganmor wrote:
he's super talented, but raw. Some nights he'll be incredible, but other nights inconsistent. He did his damage in sl just on his freakish tools, motor and feel for the game. He needs to learn p&r coverage, stop reaching for the ball, how to hold his position in the paint vs NBA talent. Give him time, I think he has the work ethic, we'll see how much passion for the game he has.

:thumbsup:

With KP injured and his competition being kanter,lance,noah,kornet i feel he should get those 15 minutes.
TOM THIBODEAU'S NEW YORK KNICKS PRESENT:
HEROBALL. A STORY OF THE MID RANGE FADEAWAY JUMPER.
STARRING JALEN BUMSON AND DUBIOUS HANDLES.
Red

If Tim can't play defense he can't start.

We can keep the pick but we can't control where it falls- has been the lesson.

Is anyone considering trading the pick and receiving one in return in the deal? Keep the options open ya never know. :popcorn:
The Mecca of Mess
Don Che

what u mean? ....trading our pick for another one?

I'd rather trade showcase some talent and trade them for a pick.

if anyone not named KP/Knox/Frank can get us a pick I'd do it
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1127

Don Che wrote:what u mean? ....trading our pick for another one?

I'd rather trade showcase some talent and trade them for a pick.

if anyone not named KP/Knox/Frank can get us a pick I'd do it
I think what Red is probably proposing is..........if we somehow end up with a Top 4 draft pick, but the team that has the #1 pick OFFERS to trade their pick for our #4/#3/#2 pick.

Or even another scenario, we drop even further to a Top 8 pick again (christ sake), and the similar scenario stated in the previous sentence...........I mean Red isn't wrong in that proposed scenario.

However if Red is proposing that WE TRADE PICKS DURING THE SEASON.......then no, FUCK OFF WITH THAT OPTION.
Rusty La Rue
Likes given: 814

The only way I am trading our pick next season... is if somebody offers us AD or Giannis for our pick and Lee+filler or if we already have won 40 games when we trade the pick (both scenarios are highly unlikely;-))
2023 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
"Everybody gets excited about youth except the coach, because he knows youth means mistakes, mistakes mean losses, losses means you're fired."
Don Che

https://dailyknicks.com/2018/08/03/new- ... oint-shot/

either I'm high or its august

if he can shoot free throws and from the high post .....he will get minutes no doubt about it. him shooting 3s will be done moment training camp starts
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1127

With all these veteran big man trying to develop 3 pt shots AND with future NBA big men prospects also developing 3 pt shots, at this rate........we won't be able to call KP the unicorn anymore.

What's the point in calling KP the unicorn if every future NBA big men is basically a 7 foot wing player now LOL

Hell, that is even more reason why Kanter's lack of athleticism at the 5 spot is about to become extinct from the NBA...........you literally need 7 footers that are quick enough to close out on the perimeter for these 3 pt shots WHILE also being able to defend the rim.

The NBA is literally becoming EuroLeague
Don Che wrote:https://dailyknicks.com/2018/08/03/new- ... oint-shot/

either I'm high or its august

if he can shoot free throws and from the high post .....he will get minutes no doubt about it. him shooting 3s will be done moment training camp starts

That being said.......no way Noah will be consistent enough to bring a 3 pt shot over to actual NBA games.

The hand mechanics on his shooting form are not good enough to even be a consistent jump shooter, I mean there is a reason why Noah's "mid range shot" no longer exists in the NBA after his first 3 years in the league (he did have a mid-range shot upon entering the league, funny enough).......and that UGLY SHOOTING FORM is the primary reason.