Welcome to the Knicks Kevin Knox!!!

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: Welcome to the Knicks Kevin Knox!!!

Postby Don Che » September 5, 2018, 8:03 am

we've been a bad team anyway....Perry and mills just gotta say it's a process we gave a roster that's young and mostly under evaluation while our best player is hurt. it's legit the perfect excuse for patience.

philly tanked for years and are now set for 12 years.

and that's a team we gotta compete with thru KP's tenure.

again if Knox is the next kobe/pierce than yes we are set but if hes more of a Rashard lewis who was also pretty good it still leads me to believe we will be bad and him and KP just isnt enough. get a top 5 pick and hit a homerun.

Knicks fans are patient....they are just too stupid to know it. Donnie talked about 2010 years before it even tho we had no inclination of being players in it. now atleast the plan makes sense "we are building thru the draft" that's tangible...its dependant on our scouts and organizational skills acquiring talent on a lower pay scale. as a fan I've wanted this since 2000. we are finally doing it since 2015 and I dont want to half a$$ it. get it done right.....get Zion or any great talent emerging in the top 5 pick again....UNLESS Knox/Mario/Frank all play above my expectations that's my lane of thought. Until I see real progress from young guys...I'm all for the draft.

Free agency isnt on my radar until we are a playoff team.

2 biggest FA signings the last 10 years(prime lebron and KD)...went to playoff teams and KD went to the best team ever. let's get to a 6th seed before we talk about free agency.
Don Che

Postby shakespeare » September 5, 2018, 6:38 pm

Don Che.

I’m hoping we can snatch another top lottery pick and a star player in free agency. If we’re forced to trade for a star player while giving up assets in the process, I’d rather we continue to rebuild via the draft and smart, efficient signings.
The Porzingis blessing is real.
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby shakespeare » September 5, 2018, 6:40 pm

NewlyKnicked wrote:The Process will never take place here

Seems like we’re standing at the door of adding another talented rookie. It’d be disheartening if we didn’t see it all the way thru.

If Porzingis wasn’t injured, I believe we would’ve missed out on the 9th pick or Kevin Knox. So that’s a positive that came from a negative.
The Porzingis blessing is real.
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby taowave » September 5, 2018, 7:12 pm

We would have gotten Michael Porter if KP wasn't injured :happy:
taowave

Postby StevoStarks » September 7, 2018, 12:50 pm

Didn't see this posted anywhere. This is solid interview by our man Kevin Knox. This guy just gives you that feeling, that he's supposed to be here. That he's meant to be here. And shit is going to be different.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby Don Che » September 7, 2018, 1:06 pm

taowave wrote:We would have gotten Michael Porter if KP wasn't injured :happy:

um idt so..Knox was the guy all along. moment report came out that we called him back and spoke to his dad for a second time. it was done.

unless Ayton/Bamba/Doncic was there....Knox was our guy for better or worse.
Don Che

Postby NewlyKnicked » September 8, 2018, 5:55 am

we would have picked later on and Kevin would have been gone with MPJ's back the only left over
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
NewlyKnicked

Postby Don Che » September 8, 2018, 3:54 pm

Knox should be watching film of Grant Hill's prime years....if he can find a way to pass and fully commit to being a perimeter player...another 6'8 220 SF thats mobile and attacks the rim is a great person to learn from.

to be fair....Grant is in my top 5 favorite players ever. So I'm def biased but....if I'm Knox's dad/coach im having him watch film and possibly workout with him.
Don Che

Postby big_j_NY » September 8, 2018, 4:07 pm

Don Che wrote:Knox should be watching film of Grant Hill's prime years....if he can find a way to pass and fully commit to being a perimeter player...another 6'8 220 SF thats mobile and attacks the rim is a great person to learn from.

to be fair....Grant is in my top 5 favorite players ever. So I'm def biased but....if I'm Knox's dad/coach im having him watch film and possibly workout with him.

Perfect timing on this post, considering Grant was just inducted to the Hall of Fame yesterday.

And I agree, that is probably the perfect player for Knox to possibly mold himself into. Especially Prime Pistons Grant Hill, something none of these mid-2000s kids never ever saw in their lifetime of NBA viewing.
#EmbraceTheTank2019

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Postby Don Che » September 8, 2018, 4:39 pm

Grant was a bad man...he was calm on the exterior but you knew he was always aiming to kill and he mixed it up down low and caused havoc on the perimeter.

I really dont think Knox has the dog in him to be that since the blend of all that is special but Knox should aim to be just that.

I just dont want a 18 year old Melo LITE player...feel like the same things were said about him but Melo was flat out special as a scorer
Don Che

Postby thewatcher » September 19, 2018, 7:56 am

If Knox can play defense (I'm keeping my fingers crossed)....sky's the limit. I wanted FortKnox before we drafted him and in summer league he blew my mind. I would not trade him for Doncik, how about you guys, would you swap Kevin for Luca right now? :?
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
thewatcher

Postby Don Che » September 19, 2018, 8:05 am

yes
Don Che

Postby rebound » September 19, 2018, 10:52 am

thewatcher wrote:If Knox can play defense (I'm keeping my fingers crossed)....sky's the limit. I wanted FortKnox before we drafted him and in summer league he blew my mind. I would not trade him for Doncik, how about you guys, would you swap Kevin for Luca right now? :?

knox would have to be a superb defender to justify it.
doncic is the total package on offense.
Team Mills
rebound

Postby Don Che » September 19, 2018, 11:04 am

This team needs playmaking in the worst way....Doncic is th ebest playmaking wing in this draft.

Knox has tools but hasn't shown he can rebound/pass/defend at a good level yet.
Don Che

Postby spree#8 » September 19, 2018, 12:55 pm

thewatcher wrote:If Knox can play defense (I'm keeping my fingers crossed)....sky's the limit. I wanted FortKnox before we drafted him and in summer league he blew my mind. I would not trade him for Doncik, how about you guys, would you swap Kevin for Luca right now? :?

Of course. In a second. Doncic is special. Should've been no. 1, while Knox got picked as high as anyone expected. Great pick, but a decision between the two would be a no-brainer in Doncic's favor. But this means that the pressure on Doncic is also way higher, so let's see how well Knox can get playing in a good situation.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby NewlyKnicked » September 20, 2018, 8:48 am

Doncic anyday of the week
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
NewlyKnicked

Postby Don Che » September 29, 2018, 10:50 am

https://youtu.be/ts9LVEfJQFE

in 2 days we get to see Knox's evolution from these weaknesses

it's scary fellas ...let's hope hes been in the film room...and weight room.
Don Che

Previous

Return to New York Knicks