Knicks Summer League 2018

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: Knicks Summer League 2018

Postby thewatcher » July 13, 2018, 8:28 pm

Yeah and we saw what nate could do with the Bulls. No, listen Bob was very patient ant thorough in his arguments, and he was our guy. Tommy acted like he knew more than you or me, and he didn't and still doesn't.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
thewatcher

Postby thewatcher » July 13, 2018, 8:55 pm

Yeah dap touched an old nerve. Dcap I respect but Tommy talked down to us. And there are smart guys here
n8 the gr8 wrote:
thewatcher

Postby taowave » July 13, 2018, 11:10 pm

You have a good memory.I don't remember going at it with Tommy.Im guessing he was a Walsh Mike D supporter..

big_j_NY wrote:
It seems your memory of Tommy has returned to you, Tao.

I remember when he went at you too........especially relating to D'Antoni and Walsh
taowave

Postby big_j_NY » July 13, 2018, 11:43 pm

taowave wrote:You have a good memory.I don't remember going at it with Tommy.Im guessing he was a Walsh Mike D supporter..

He was part of that small minority of the members that valued "anything that buried Marbury from the active roster" at the time, with him being the loudest out of that minority especially remember when he went at you when you mentioned how D'Antoni "famously" exiled Marbury from playing.........pretty much continuing his "anti-Marbury agenda" that he had on this site for the longest time. Even when me & you both stated that Walsh was the one that wanted to give Marbury a 2nd chance
#EmbraceTheTank2018

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Postby StevoStarks » July 14, 2018, 2:08 am

Like this? :laugh:

Sugar Ray Richardson wrote:
1) You dont hate Isiah? I do not even like Isiah and I feel like his biggest cheerleader compared to you.
2) I'm happy with Curry and Lee. I like Jcraw as well but he needs to step it up also. As far as nobody wanting them thats ridiculous and you dont speak for everyone.
3) What Vince Carter staying a net tells me he is a great player and the Nets werent going to give him up for anything but a great deal. did you notice nobody else in the league offered enough. It also tells me that Carter told NJ he wants to stay a Net. Lastly it tells me that you look to change any scenario in to a way to bash our players.
4) Your hatred and your bias are pretty apparent. Since you are a writer do you believe being objective in writing is important or do you think that objectivity is irrelavant to good journalism?

tommydee21 wrote: I don't need you to tell me your definition of "good journalism" I have a Masters Degree in the subject with a 4.0 GPA so I have a grasp thanks.....This is a KNICK website, therefore writing ANYTHING against the knicks would not be considered biased...I am a Knick fan tired of isiah treating fans like you like they are braindead. This team stinks, he offered Frye/Crawford and Rose for Carter and was rejected. That is fact. If you don;t read the papers and simply watch MSG's coverage you wouldn't know that because MSG Network is unbiased propaganda at the most basic of levels. This team isn't one bit better than when Isiah took over 4 years ago and Crawford and Curry don't give me warm and fuzzy feelings for the future. Lee does, even Balkman does, but not those two who we have so much invested in and aren't movable.

I loved Isiah as a player and thought he could bring those qualities that made him a great player to the Garden by now........he has not.

Is that unbiased?
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby StevoStarks » July 14, 2018, 2:12 am

It’s a good thread. He and Sly getting into it kind of right at the jump, Sugar Ray and Fury pile on.

Kind of sums up everything you said Watch. And you as well Dcap.

https://forums.nykfp.com/viewtopic.php?t=20221
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby big_j_NY » July 14, 2018, 2:42 am

StevoStarks wrote:It’s a good thread. He and Sly getting into it kind of right at the jump, Sugar Ray and Fury pile on.

Kind of sums up everything you said Watch. And you as well Dcap.

Good times, good times weren't they Stevo? :LOL: :LOL:
#EmbraceTheTank2018

#InPorzingisWeTrust

big_j_NY

Postby big_j_NY » July 14, 2018, 2:50 am

Tao joined NYKFP around the same year as my current username of today, but I was actually a lurker of the NYKFP forums since 2003 SO I remember all of TommyDee's "famous" debates very well (I had an older account I made back in 2004 actually, but I forgot the username and password of it AND that is how I ended up with the big_j_ny username that i created in 2005).

So it is possible that Tao and Watch never saw the most "heated" TommyDee debates from the early NYKFP days of 2003 and 2004 (they could've been lurkers back then too, but I'll let them answer that)........the ones where Bob and Tommy often went back and forth in the game threads about how Marbury was our best guard BUT Tommy despised Marbury's playing style (once again, the "pass-first PG" bias) AND Marbury's personal attitude in the locker room whenever we struggled with losses WHILE Bob pointed out how many scrub role players the Knicks surrounded Stephon with back in the day.
#EmbraceTheTank2018

#InPorzingisWeTrust

big_j_NY

Postby thewatcher » July 14, 2018, 5:47 am

we're just fans and when we disagree we agree to disagree, but after a long argument Tommy would just say trust me on this, I know better...that led to some real heat, the board is a kinder better place now, I was tired and snapped last night but I respect Dcap we go back a long way.
Tommy was right about a lot of things about isiah, but he was also practically the last man alive defending DAntoni and Duhon. Bob was stubborn but patient in his arguments, Bob would be the last person to lose his cool.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
thewatcher

Postby dcapodic » July 14, 2018, 10:28 am

thewatcher wrote:we're just fans and when we disagree we agree to disagree, but after a long argument Tommy would just say trust me on this, I know better...that led to some real heat, the board is a kinder better place now, I was tired and snapped last night but I respect Dcap we go back a long way.
Tommy was right about a lot of things about isiah, but he was also practically the last man alive defending DAntoni and Duhon. Bob was stubborn but patient in his arguments, Bob would be the last person to lose his cool.

Hey, when you are on this board as long as many of us have been and most were "lurkers" for a while before that, you are gonna have times when a fellow poster is your bestie and times when you want to pull their eyes out cause you disagree with them so much :)

watcher and i have been on both ends of this spectrum and at the end of the day, I REALLY appreciate and respect that we can go at it at times but keep it respectful and move on.

Same goes for most :)

Realistically, you cannot be a hardcore Knicks fan for this long and not be totally frustrated so can i blame anyone for going off in this safe, fan filled environment ;) To be honest right now, I am almost fearful to being optimistic about this team...i am REALLY starting to like it again and I have been burned SO many times that I am not gonna get sucked in yet....but I am getting close.
- Thanasis Antetokounmpo spelled backwards is Opmnuokotetna (which is Swahili for Hand Sanitizer). Mr. Glass, circa 2014
dcapodic

Postby shakespeare » July 20, 2018, 6:42 pm

New York Knicks: The five most impressive players from Summer League:

https://dailyknicks.com/2018/07/16/new- ... er-league/

Good, short reads on the performances of Knox, Ntili, Robinson, Trier and waived Troy Williams.
The Porzingis blessing is real.
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby ISIAH_THOMAS » July 20, 2018, 6:52 pm

TAKE THAT FOR DATA
ISIAH_THOMAS

Postby shakespeare » July 20, 2018, 6:58 pm

StevoStarks wrote:It’s a good thread.

No idea what the thread is about, but two things:

1) Seeing Tommy Dee’s name made me reminisce on his NYKFP articles and the reason I asked Irv to contribute.
2) Hard to believe the older Manu is still in the league and younger Eddy Curry has been gone for awhile now.
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby shakespeare » July 20, 2018, 7:03 pm

ISIAH_THOMAS wrote:https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2786790-hot-takes-from-2018-nba-summer-league

I really hope Knox and Robinson pan out. It’d be a boost of adrenaline into the hearts and souls of Knick fans and our scouts and GMs that picked them.

Note: I believe Bagley is the best player in the ‘18 draft class.
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby gradyandrew » July 20, 2018, 7:07 pm

Well, in the future if any one disagrees with me, trust me you're wrong. I have a degree and a house!
It’s not the frustration of the fans of us losing, they want to see the dog, they want to see that fight, they want to see that hunger inside of you. - THJ
Management didn't get that memo.
gradyandrew

Postby big_j_NY » July 20, 2018, 7:23 pm

gradyandrew wrote:Well, in the future if any one disagrees with me, trust me you're wrong. I have a degree and a house!

:laugh: Love your spirit, man
#EmbraceTheTank2018

#InPorzingisWeTrust

big_j_NY

Postby Don Che » July 21, 2018, 9:46 am

I was never a Bagley fam

but aaron holiday is my guy for 2 years and troy brown jr is gonna be good like I said.

solid summer league
Don Che

Postby NewlyKnicked » July 21, 2018, 3:06 pm

Holiday is going to have a hard time to find pt on the Pacers backcourt rotation tho
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
NewlyKnicked

Postby nazrmohamed » July 21, 2018, 3:14 pm

NewlyKnicked wrote:Holiday is going to have a hard time to find pt on the Pacers backcourt rotation tho

Idk about that anymore. I think Holiday is turning ALOT of heads in Indy. May be a while but I think he's a starter in the league once the time is right
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby NewlyKnicked » July 21, 2018, 3:26 pm

Collison, Joseph, Oladipo, Evans... that’s some damn good players ahead of him. I believe collison and Joseph are expiring so the staff may want to plan for next year and play him nonetheless
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
NewlyKnicked

PreviousNext

Return to New York Knicks