Knicks to pursue LeBron this offseason

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

Will New York sign LeBron?

Umm, no
32%
Call me crazy, but I believe he’ll be a Knick
No votes
Delete this thread
68%

Total votes: 19
shakespeare
Likes given: 0

The Knicks are prepared to center their offseason strategy around signing LeBron James in free agency, the New York Post’s Marc Berman reports.

It would be a good move for the Knicks, one of the NBA’s most hapless franchises, to acquire the best basketball player on the face of the Earth.

With Michael Beasley set to hit free agency, the Knicks are going to be in the market for a small forward and the game’s greatest player would be a good option to fill that hole.

Given Kristaps Porzingis’s uncertain health, the Knicks are perhaps hoping that a superhuman like James would be powerful enough to drag Emmanuel Mudiay, Lance Thomas, Courtney Lee and Joakim Noah to a No. 8 seed.

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/05/04/lebro ... id-fizdale
You can’t make this up.
#TeamTank
Don Che
Likes given: 9

LMAOOOOOOOO

this is proof we are running a better franchise these days....there is no drama from our coach hire. no drama with our players...and writers have to think of this sh*t to generate clicks.

i love it.
ISIAH_THOMAS
Likes given: 52

Knicks fan ain't that dumb this time around

2010 has passed
Fxck Adam Silver
Irv
Administrator
Likes given: 183

The Knicks are prepared to center their offseason strategy around signing LeBron James in free agency, the New York Post’s Marc Berman reports.
shakespeare wrote:You can’t make this up.
Actually, you can. Marc certainly did.
spree#8
Likes given: 540

Just shows you how bad the media around the Knicks is. Always creating sensations that are not there. I can already imagine Isola "reporting" that Fizdale was only hired because of his connection to LeBron and calling the Knicks a failure when LeBron doesn't come. Lol.

Good thing is, Knicks fans ain't that dumb. We might disagree on anything and everything, but I doubt that there is one member on this board left that thinks that the Knicks plan is going after LeBron at this point in time. That was 2010, Knick beat writers.

BTW: they can politely ask, but I doubt that Perry/Mills lose any sleep if LeBron's agent doesn't even return the call.
#knickstape
Don Che

not for nothing...the fact that Lebron is this good 8 years AFTER the decision...honestly this is just one big compliment to Lebron lol

a team can sign him now and still win with him 5 years from now lmao its absurd how this guy is progressing
Irv
Administrator
Likes given: 183

The beat writers for certain New York teams are notoriously bad. The Jets are another one of those teams with Manish Mehta of the Daily News on their beat. The beat writers fabricate stories out of thin air. You have to read critically to see that more often than not, the idea that's being pushed in the article title comes straight from the beat writer. It's an opinion piece disguised as trash-tier analysis.

Nowhere in Berman's article does LeBron get mentioned by anybody other than Berman himself. He cites numbers from a salary cap guru about whether the Knicks could hypothetically make space under the cap for a big signing (not LeBron specifically), and then he cites an old quote from LeBron supporting Fizdale when he was fired by Memphis.

There's a reason why I want people here to post their sources when quoting an article. Some beat writers write pure trash to fill up pages in the local rags. Then there are guys on another level entirely like Isola and Mehta, who write contrarian shit because they will forever have an axe to grind against the team's ownership/management. There's a blog post on Posting and Toasting where virtually everyone in the media is saying positive things about the Fizdale hire, and then you have Isola being the bullshit champion that he is.
Don Che

I only listen if its Stein or Woj...maybe Ian.

the rest esp Isola..i treat it as if one of us wrote it.
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

We're not likely to compete for a #8 seed, pls tell me why lbj would want to play for us?
Championship 16/17

cragganmor wrote:We're not likely to compete for a #8 seed, pls tell me why lbj would want to play for us?
B/c we hired the Fizz, and if anyone can bring LBJ to New York, count on the Fizz. The drama begins :happy:
Red

It's not just Fiz that's expected to attract players it's also the perception of KP who is respected around the league as someone to pair up with.

Also technically we should expect the front office to pursue Lebron just as a matter of due diligence as they've demonstrated. This is just stating the obvious but technically true imo. No news here.

They ain't put up a billboard for nothing. :?
The Mecca of Mess
shakespeare

The article was fabricated, a complete sham. Irv pretty much said everything I didn’t feel like saying or typing at the time.

1) There are no quotes clarifying New York’s position on pursuing LeBron.
2) On one hand, one writer suggested New York must move Lee’s contract to make room. On the other, the other writer who linked Berman’s article mentioned LeBron dragging New York and Lee to the 8th seed.
3) Berman added LeBron’s addition would mean no extension for Porzingis.

There are other things to make anyone in their right mind wonder how in the world such major publications get away with said garbage, but these few should suffice.
#TeamTank
shakespeare

Don Che wrote:...and writers have to think of this sh*t to generate clicks.
#TeamTank
Championship 16/17

According to Fiz, maybe nobody this off season due to KP's injury, but this is before he was hired to coach the Knicks.

At the end of the day, does Fiz disrupt the two year plan on this board of losing, keeping our draft picks, and developing young players? Was he hired partially to attract FA during the next two years, such as Kawhi, or will Kawhi push for New York and Fiz push management to acquire this level of talent?

What is the plan?
shakespeare

For a good laugh, read the comment section on this LeBron to Knicks article.

Pure comedy. https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndicatio ... e.amp.html
#TeamTank
taowave
Likes given: 817

With a 100 percent healthy KP and Bron,do you think the current Knicks squad would be as good as Cleveland??

I say definitely..
Red wrote:It's not just Fiz that's expected to attract players it's also the perception of KP who is respected around the league as someone to pair up with.

I definitely do

Also technically we should expect the front office to pursue Lebron just as a matter of due diligence as they've demonstrated. This is just stating the obvious but technically true imo. No news here.

They ain't put up a billboard for nothing. :?
Red

Does that mean KP = Kevin Love? I'm not so sure Cleveland is that strong. Lbj is carrying them but even he has his limits.

I think the bottom line is it's obvious the FO will persue Lbj. And even if KP is 100% he'll most likely be surrounded by yet another set of players he has to gel with so who knows? :?

Off topic.. I told you I'm skeptical about retaining him. I'd try my best to move on because I think that's the only way thd FO can't lose in terms of having a good team with or without him.

It's possible if a PF becomes available they may have to pounce. Also it means they need to be prepared to trade KP if the circumstances dictate it. I'm not so sure the Mills-Perry-Fitz regime are sold on him. That doesn't mean the verdict is in or they've soured or don't recognize his potential but it's probably more so they have to see it (again) instead of giving him the benefit of the doubt. Call it a hunch. Perhaps it's a durability issue that they question?

It's unfortunate but I'm sure KP isn't happy about having to prove himself to another group. That, the timing, the prior losing, etc I can see scenarios where we are without KP. And in a way I'm saying hope for the best but plan for the worst.
The Mecca of Mess
Championship 16/17

I guess we will do it "The Miami Way" lol

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/2 ... ant-LeBron

:hmm:
washingtonparkjones

Don Che wrote: the rest esp Isola..i treat it as if one of us wrote it.
lol
knicksH20
Likes given: 6

i hate that fucking asshole.
One Team. One New York.

Jamal Crawford
His Crawfulness!