Anybody pissed yet?

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

spree#8
Likes given: 540

taowave wrote:Spree,the season was basically a disaster with very little to show for it...

I get the winning culture mantra,but it most likely bit us in the butt......

We played our hand wrong and now we have to defy the odds and get very lucky in the draft..

If you didnt predict KP tearing his ACL, the season did not go as expected
Of course it did. Didn't I predict that we would end up between 26 and 30 wins even after our 17-13 start? :? Even if KP doesn't go down, we were just a few games away from realizing that we wouldn't make the playoffs, so the difference likely would've just been a few wins more because of our better than expected start. If THJ doesn't go down with his stress fracture, our season might have gone differently and we could've stayed in the hunt longer, but when KP went down we were already too far behind, so we likely would've pulled the plug anyway.

We played our hands fine, because your pipe dream of getting a top 3 pick was never realistic with KP. But that's the last I say on this, because as I mentioned: ad nauseam. Our arguments won't change, so why repeat ourselves over and over? Doesn't make sense and isn't fun. You just have to agree to disagree. I won't change your view and you have also absolutely no chance changing mine.
#knickstape
taowave
Likes given: 817

Spree,you are contradicting yourself all over the place.

You predict a 26-30 win season BEFORE KP goes down,so most would assume WITHOUT KP we should have won significantly less..

Yet you are dead right regarding the number of wins

You are playing both sides of the coin,and if you truly believe we are a 28 winteam,why in the world are you starting Jarrett Jack at the expense of Frank???

We half assed it
Don Che
Likes given: 9

I guess the problem you guys have is we switched goals mid season but that's actually the norm... very few teams start thinking of losses in October.... same way few teams are real contenders in October.

We are in the middle.... I'm upset about the wins in the last couple weeks but if someone told me wed be getting a top 10 pick I'd be happy. I'm just pissed we aren't 6th.....and while I can't blame the players...can't really blame Jeff either I guess. His job was on the line even tho he did the best anyone could ask for.

JJ situation was when this team was thinking playoffs and at that time.....we were in the race.
taowave

I get Sprees point,but if you thought we were a 26-30 win team,Frank should have been playing a bigger role..

Look at the Lakers..Rode with Ball despite major ups and downs,and played their rookies..

6th would have been fine...
Don Che

6th was still possible until a week or 2 ago.

But to be fair a 28 win team only happened once the injuries happened
taowave

To be fair,Spree predicted 26-30 even when we were 17-13. In that case,play the young guys
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1123

taowave wrote:I get Sprees point,but if you thought we were a 26-30 win team,Frank should have been playing a bigger role..

Look at the Lakers..Rode with Ball despite major ups and downs,and played their rookies..

6th would have been fine...
Just looking at your statement now Tao..........if you think about it, that was probably the determining factor that got Jeff Hornacek fired
spree#8

I also said that I expect Frank to play around 20 MPG and average around 6 PPG, so that was another expectation met. He wasn't ready for more, so I had absolutely no problem how he was coached by Hornacek. After he couldn't play in summer league and pre-season, I didn't even expect him to play more than 60 games, so in my book Frank is ahead of my expected curve.
#knickstape
spree#8

taowave wrote:To be fair,Spree predicted 26-30 even when we were 17-13. In that case,play the young guys
We did. As much as they deserved, no gripes from me. Also be real: just because I expect us to fail making the playoffs doesn't mean that the coaches and players shouldn't try. I didn't contradict myself at all. I would say that I am one of the most consistent posters we have. I'm actually getting tired of myself, saying the same things over and over since the start of the season. :D
#knickstape
Don Che

you saying that you are one of the most consistent posters here...may be the most smug thing posted here in 2018 lmao....may be my favorite post of yours yet.
spree#8

Don Che wrote:you saying that you are one of the most consistent posters here...may be the most smug thing posted here in 2018 lmao....may be my favorite post of yours yet.
Not sure, what is smug about being consistent in my approach to build an opinion and then posting here. :?
#knickstape
taowave

Nothing tops my man Champ self proclamation of him being the best evaluator of talent in the world.Spree has alot of work to do to beat that
Don Che wrote:you saying that you are one of the most consistent posters here...may be the most smug thing posted here in 2018 lmao....may be my favorite post of yours yet.
Don Che

thats a good point..and you see how Spree is trying to defend it lol Champ has to come here and up the anty
thewatcher
Likes given: 2626

Spree can be abrasive, it took me a couple of years to warm up to him, now he's my favorite poster; but guys, here's a style point, tooting your own horn is a waste of time, asserting this or that, who cares? there are smart people here who know who knows their stuff. I'm terrible at picking college players (I liked Monk last year); so I like to read what the people who know better post.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
Don Che

yeh there are some knowledgeable ppl here...some about the NBA overall and some mainly the knicks ...the ones that i flat out think are either 16 years old or just delusional stand out here. On other forums id say its the norm.

still the only forum i post in.
StevoStarks

I’m the smartest mother fucker in this mother fucker.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
Rusty La Rue
Likes given: 795

Do the people who live in NYC ever meet up and discuss the Knicks face to face over a beer or something like that?
2023 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
"Everybody gets excited about youth except the coach, because he knows youth means mistakes, mistakes mean losses, losses means you're fired."
Don Che

Rusty La Rue wrote:Do the people who live in NYC ever meet up and discuss the Knicks face to face over a beer or something like that?
im down to link up for the draft. I live in Brooklyn.
Rusty La Rue
Likes given: 795

Don Che wrote:im down to link up for the draft. I live in Brooklyn.
I would love that Don... but I am 6 time zones away... I was more a general questions if the NYKFANPAGE community ever met up or did stuff together...

But I am defenitely up for a beer the next time I am in town :drunk:
2023 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
"Everybody gets excited about youth except the coach, because he knows youth means mistakes, mistakes mean losses, losses means you're fired."
Don Che

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: