Kanter is rumored to opt out (and wants to sign with us long term)

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

nazrmohamed
Likes given: 251

I wonder if Mark Jackson wants to bench Kanter and Hardaway for rookies. That's what we're gonna sell to Budzinger. Come here and tank while our fans and media call you a dunce.
NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 162

Let's be real: Kanter will be here next season. He loves it here, he's a starter and the only real thing that could prevent him from opting in is if someone gives him a long contract for 15+mil/year. I don't see any other team than the Knicks making that mistake. So let's hope he opts in and we get the cap space in 2019.

So I'm afraid that means no flashy FA this offseason
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 162

nazrmohamed wrote:I wonder if Mark Jackson wants to bench Kanter and Hardaway for rookies. That's what we're gonna sell to Budzinger. Come here and tank while our fans and media call you a dunce.
I hope the FO makes it pretty clear in the interviews where we are and what next season should be. Don't want a win now coach bringing his crew of vets ala Thibs. Not there yet

Take it or leave it
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

I think Bud is happy to grow his own talent or ask the FO to get someone ready in FA. Don't think he'd press Perry to acquire Horford, Milsap or Demarre.
NYGM
Likes given: 490

cragganmor wrote:I think Bud is happy to grow his own talent or ask the FO to get someone ready in FA. Don't think he'd press Perry to acquire Horford, Milsap or Demarre.
Is all about the plan and PR..

The coach needs to be aware and on board with what's going on, the FO needs to make clear for everyone there's a path to take..

So, with no unreal expectations we can grow..

I think having KP and Frank with some youth to work with can be really appealing if the plan is solid..