3/19/18: New York Knicks vs. Chicago Bulls (7:30 pm)

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

rtn393
Global Moderator
Likes given: 0

Please post all pre-game predictions, in-game observations, and post-game analysis in this thread, but start separate threads for topics not directly related to the game.

ImageImage

PROJECTED STARTERS

PG: Emmanuel Mudiay vs. Cameron Payne
SG: Tim Hardaway Jr. vs. Justin Holiday
SF: Courtney Lee vs. Denzel Valentine
PF: Michael Beasley vs. Paul Zipser
C: Enes Kanter vs. Christiano Felicio
spree#8
Likes given: 540

Yeah, the game thread for the most important tank game of the season. Sadly I just don't see us lose it, because it is at home and Chicago already took the "our guys are injured" card. So my wish is first of all a loss, but if not, please another blowout so we can have at least some fun.

The good thing - as I wrote in the tank thread - even if we win, our schedule is a little harder than the Bulls one, so maybe they could still catch us (with a little luck).

In advance I ask you guys not to be mad if we win and let Trey Burke get the message across:
“It bothers me, but I understand from a fans’ standpoint,’’ Trey Burke said. “But from a players’ standpoint … they have to understand as well. That’s all I ask for them. Do you all want us to go out there and look bad and look like bums? They might say we already look like bums. It’s not in my DNA to go out and lose. I don’t know how to do that.’’
#knickstape
NYGM
Likes given: 473

You can be serious..

I want to blowout the Bulls..

Sorry, they aren't even come to play.. What a disgrace..
KnicksRUs

Mudiay is comically bad. I don’t want to hear shit about his upside anymore. It doesn’t exist.
"I hate them" - Stugotz
StevoStarks
Likes given: 9

Looking like a W right now....
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
spree#8

Doesn't look like we can lose this one. We are shooting 4-18 from three and around 37% overall, but are up by 10 at the half. Out-tanked (as expected) so far.
#knickstape
spree#8

NYGM wrote:You can be serious..

I want to blowout the Bulls..

Sorry, they aren't even come to play.. What a disgrace..
I'm up for it. As I said: if we can't lose, let's at least have fun while winning! So let's blow this open in the third!
#knickstape
spree#8

On another note: can the Nets please beat the Grizzlies? If you have no reason to lose, you should at least be able to beat the Grizz. (Nets are up by 2 at the half.)
#knickstape
rebound
Likes given: 1104

dont have to track teams above the bulls if the knicks win this one.
TOM THIBODEAU'S NEW YORK KNICKS PRESENT:
HEROBALL. A STORY OF THE MID RANGE FADEAWAY JUMPER.
STARRING JALEN BUMSON AND DUBIOUS HANDLES.
taowave
Likes given: 817

Who the fook are these guys on the Bulls
Mr3037

Bulls out-tanking the shit out of us!

Seriously of the 10 Bulls to play so far I know of 3.......

THAT'S HOW YOU TANK!
NYK Fan since 92
NYKFP Fan since 04

28 years & counting...Bleeding Orange & Blue
spree#8

rebound wrote:dont have to track teams above the bulls if the knicks win this one.
We have. We might only win one more game (most likeliest against the Magic) the rest of the way, while the Bulls and Nets play each other twice and have more easy opponents left on the schedule. We just have the Bobcats and Pistons other than the Magic among lottery teams.

Here the remaining schedule strength: http://www.tankathon.com/remaining_schedule_strength
Last edited by spree#8 on March 19th, 2018, 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#knickstape
NYGM

No need to question this win..

No other way around..

Burke and Frank played well..

Hicks even got fouled out..

Dotson and Kornet played some..
NYGM

spree#8 wrote:
We have. We might only win one more game (most likeliest against the Magic) the rest of the way, while the Bulls and Nets play each other twice and have more easy opponents left on the schedule. We just have the Bobcats and Pistons other than the Magic among lottery teams.

Here the remaining schedule strength: http://www.tankathon.com/remaining_schedule_strength
Those 2 scares the hell out of me..

Hornets and Pistons are in free falling..
spree#8

NYGM wrote:
Those 2 scares the hell out of me..

Hornets and Pistons are in free falling..
We have the same record over the last 10 (2-8) and are way worse when you look beyond that. Nothing to be scared of, because they still play most of the lottery teams. Both have some of the easiest remaining schedules. But anyway: getting separation from then and basically securing the 9th best odds is fine (anything better is icing on the cake, because it was clear that we would win some games - at least for realists).
#knickstape
Starbury3

Where were all the Bull starters? Were they actually hurt or was it a scam for tanking? If so, isn't Silver supposed to be cracking down on this?
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1123

Starbury3 wrote:Where were all the Bull starters? Were they actually hurt or was it a scam for tanking? If so, isn't Silver supposed to be cracking down on this?
Adam Silver already issued a written warning for the Bulls for "allegedly" resting healthy Bulls players, but their best players in Kris Dunn, Zach Lavine, and that "poor man's KP" clone of Markkanen do have legit foot, knee and back injuries respectively.

Without those 3 guys, the Bulls leftovers look worse than our leftovers. Knicks would've accomplished another tank job loss if either Dunn, Lavine or Markkanen were playing in this game.
Koopa Troopa

Starbury3 wrote:Where were all the Bull starters? Were they actually hurt or was it a scam for tanking? If so, isn't Silver supposed to be cracking down on this?
Straight up tank job. Lavine Markannen and Dunn didnt even travel with the team. "Minor injuries" is the excuse. Dunn is resting a "Toe Sprain" and they supposedly gave him a walking boot for it. That makes sense :drunk: :warp:

They even talked about it during the game showing Robin Lopez' minutes per game before the all star break then showing 7 DNPs post all star game and heavily reduced minutes after.

The NBA really needs to reevaluate the lottery. I thought the Mavs game was the worst game I ever seen til I watched tonights game. Its silly that we as fans have to root for these guys to play terribly or not show up to counter the other team literally not showing up. This race to the bottom is disgusting.
Nononsense

Fine time to start a winning streak. >:(
Nononsense

taowave wrote:Who the fook are these guys on the Bulls
Former Knicks. :LOL: