2/11/18: New York Knicks @ Indiana Pacers (L 113-121)

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: 2/11/18: New York Knicks @ Indiana Pacers (5:00 pm)

Postby big_j_NY » February 11, 2018, 8:09 pm

nazrmohamed wrote:He needs allot of coaching, Hahn was even just saying that he's really never been coached at a high level. Couple of prep schools in HS, no college and a trip to China, then drafted. He's doing all of this still pretty raw.

To think.........Mudiay almost enrolled into SMU, the college where Larry Brown coaches the college b-ball team.

If Larry Brown had coached him properly in SMU :o
#EmbraceTheTank2018

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Postby Minkaveli » February 11, 2018, 8:33 pm

I liked how Mudiay is a real good passer. He has very good quick vision. The rest of the team looked bad. That's about it. I like Jack and he was someone we could've used in all those years where we needed a PG to be a back up off the bench but there is no point in keeping the guy around. He should be helping a contender right now. I get how he's going to be a mentor but let's see if he can mentor for a few weeks then possibly move on because Mudiay, Burke and Frank need time at the position.
No longer sick and tired that Kurt wasn't hired.
Minkaveli

Postby nazrmohamed » February 11, 2018, 8:49 pm

I could still see Frank being a PG in the Frank/Mudiay tandem. I love attacking SGs. I think Mudaiy could just as easily blossom into someone like Oladipo/Harden type of SG as he could a PG.

Frank defends other teams primarily ball handlers well. And he's pretty calm with the bam. If I'm coaching Frank is point guard but he's almost always looking up for Mudaiy whose already running ahead. All the things that Mudaiy did tonight could've still been done and maybe he would be free to score even more. But you got Frank who just wants to pass and Mudaiy and Hardaway running the wings. I think we could really push the pace that way. In the half court Mudaiy should act similar to Harden. We could use him in iso, pick and roll.

When tonight, when Frank inbounded he'd quickly get it to Mudaiy but in thier positioning Mudaiy would be trailing as if the SG got it by accident and needed to get it back to the pg. What I'm saying is pretty similar, except Mudaiy is racing ahead like Hardaway does, Frank advances it and Mudaiy gets as aggressive as he wants.

I hope to see that too.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby Minkaveli » February 11, 2018, 8:57 pm

Mudiay looks so much more decisive on offense than Frank. It was crazy to watch.
No longer sick and tired that Kurt wasn't hired.
Minkaveli

Postby big_j_NY » February 11, 2018, 9:03 pm

nazrmohamed wrote:I could still see Frank being a PG in the Frank/Mudiay tandem. I love attacking SGs. I think Mudaiy could just as easily blossom into someone like Oladipo/Harden type of SG as he could a PG.

Frank defends other teams primarily ball handlers well. And he's pretty calm with the bam. If I'm coaching Frank is point guard but he's almost always looking up for Mudaiy whose already running ahead. All the things that Mudaiy did tonight could've still been done and maybe he would be free to score even more. But you got Frank who just wants to pass and Mudaiy and Hardaway running the wings. I think we could really push the pace that way. In the half court Mudaiy should act similar to Harden. We could use him in iso, pick and roll.

When tonight, when Frank inbounded he'd quickly get it to Mudaiy but in thier positioning Mudaiy would be trailing as if the SG got it by accident and needed to get it back to the pg. What I'm saying is pretty similar, except Mudaiy is racing ahead like Hardaway does, Frank advances it and Mudaiy gets as aggressive as he wants.

I hope to see that too.

Exactly what I've been saying the whole time.

Mudiay happens to be in a healthy situation where he no longer has the pressure to be the "floor general" or "primary playmaker/facilitator," so Mudiay will have no pressure to run the offense b/c he'll have Frank on the floor to pass the ball back to when the offense starts to get out-of-whack.

With that pressure off of Mudiay's back, he should be more relaxed to cater to his strengths.........ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK.
#EmbraceTheTank2018

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Re: 2/11/18: New York Knicks @ Indiana Pacers (L 113-121)

Postby H20Knick » February 12, 2018, 12:24 am

This was an excellent example of how to tank. Clear development taking place, everybody played hard, and we lost. A fantastic night to be a knicks fan
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION

All aboard the Donkic express!
H20Knick

Postby rebound » February 12, 2018, 2:09 am

H20Knick wrote:This was an excellent example of how to tank. Clear development taking place, everybody played hard, and we lost. A fantastic night to be a knicks fan

only watched the mudiay highlights but happy to read this and see the boxscore minutes.

i like what i saw from the mudiay highlights. him and frank are going to be fun to watch in the backcourt.
Team Mills
rebound

Postby NewlyKnicked » February 12, 2018, 3:58 am

Quasi-perfect game!!! I could only watch the first half, but I really enjoyed it.

Yes, the defense is pretty bad, but how are we supposed to lose if our offense looks good AND we defend correctly? Don't be spoiled brats, guys. Something has to give and I'd rather yield to Oladipo super fat 360 dunks than lose 70-71 killed by some anonymous GLeaguer layups.

- Jack starting but playing just 8min to start things off just as JH announced. That's what we all have been waiting for.
- Mudiay had a great game. He looked as if he had fun which is super important for these so-called "busts" to get to their true potential. There's gonna be bumps in the road but the start is promising.
- Absolutely loved to see Frank and Manu play together for 30' or so. Frank looked more relaxed and Mudiay brings the crazy spark with some bad calls but I'm def ok with a young player trying things out.
- Burke could use some more pt as he looked good both in O and D
- Lee pt was also limited to 21min which feels like the correct amount of time for our most respected vet.
- Timmy taking his time to find his way out of his slump is also completely fine. We know he can score. The shots are going to fall in at some point. Better next year if possible.
- Keep give minutes to Kornet and Dotson. They may not be as good as we think but now is precisely the time to check them out

Let's continue just like that with enthusiastic games which end in losses to get a great draftee, develop him carefully, loose some more next year while KP takes his time building his core back, draft high again and start a dynasty!!
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
NewlyKnicked

Postby NewlyKnicked » February 12, 2018, 4:01 am

Mr3037 wrote:Bit off topic but any point in us taking a look at Rashad Vaughn who's just been released? (6'6 21y.o)

Can we get an extra player due to Baker's injury? Did we already do that?

We need to understand why Rashad was cut so quick by the Pels, but if there are no complete red flags (behavior, work ethics...), why not?
NewlyKnicked

Postby spree#8 » February 15, 2018, 1:18 pm

NewlyKnicked wrote:Can we get an extra player due to Baker's injury? Did we already do that?

We need to understand why Rashad was cut so quick by the Pels, but if there are no complete red flags (behavior, work ethics...), why not?

We have an open roster spot, so there is no need to even file for an injury exception ATM.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby maxinquaye11 » February 16, 2018, 11:36 am

All these 2pg talk is making me throw up.

:drunk:
 " Stat at 3 was code for Melo playing in the low post..." - n8 the gr8

"I don't ever wanna hear anyone bash max's 2 pg love again." - H20Knick

"Cant lie, he did play better off the bench." - nazrmohammed
maxinquaye11

Postby maxinquaye11 » February 16, 2018, 12:01 pm

Mr3037 wrote:Is max finally getting his 2pg wish now we have Mudiay & Frank??!?

Our rotation from now til the end of the season should revolve around:
Mudiay, Frank, Burke, Kanter, Timmy, Dotson, KOQ, Kornet & I will throw in Beas because he's 'strapped in' lol

Hi Mr3. Yes Mr3. God is good.
 " Stat at 3 was code for Melo playing in the low post..." - n8 the gr8

"I don't ever wanna hear anyone bash max's 2 pg love again." - H20Knick

"Cant lie, he did play better off the bench." - nazrmohammed
maxinquaye11

Postby NewlyKnicked » February 16, 2018, 12:04 pm

spree#8 wrote:We have an open roster spot, so there is no need to even file for an injury exception ATM.

Thanks for the info spree

Do we intend to do anything with this spot? Even if it's just with 10-day contracts to see young players like Vaughn. Can't hurt
NewlyKnicked

Previous

Return to New York Knicks