Luke Kornet can shoot 3s so we should keep him!

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Luke Kornet can shoot 3s so we should keep him!

Postby Boston_PuppyDawg » February 8, 2018, 11:24 pm

Luke Kornet blocks a 4th shot, which means he becomes the first and only player in NBA history at least 4 blocks and three 3-pointers in his first career game.

He also had 11 points and 10 boards. He’s the first Knick rookie w/ a double-double in debut since John Wallace in 1996
Last edited by Boston_PuppyDawg on February 9, 2018, 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Calderon: "It’s no fun when you try to win for the Knicks and people want you out of the Knicks.” (2/18/16)
Boston_PuppyDawg

Re: Luke Kornet watch

Postby gradyandrew » February 8, 2018, 11:28 pm

Boston_PuppyDawg wrote:Luke Kornet blocks a 4th shot, which means he becomes the first and only player in NBA history at least 4 blocks and three 3-pointers in his first career game.

He also had 11 points and 10 boards. He’s the first Knick rookie w/ a double-double in debut since John Wallace in 1996

KP who? Knicks are about to go full Kornsanity!
It’s not the frustration of the fans of us losing, they want to see the dog, they want to see that fight, they want to see that hunger inside of you. - THJ
Management didn't get that memo.
gradyandrew

Postby cragganmor » February 8, 2018, 11:33 pm

He's got good timing, positioning and being 7'1" helps; his wingspan is avg, 7'2".

If he hits the gym this summer and strengthens his lower body, then he'll be a bit quicker and able to get position better.

I like his upside, fits the modern 5 role well. I kinda like Lukesanity... :LOL:
cragganmor

Postby big_j_NY » February 8, 2018, 11:36 pm

Luke must've been studying tape of KP while he's been practicing for the Knicks D-League squad and thought to himself........."hey, I'm tall enough to do the same shit as KP too" LOL
#EmbraceTheTank2018

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Postby H20Knick » February 8, 2018, 11:40 pm

I wish this thread was called "Luke kornet can shoot 3s so we should keep him !"
Fort Knox. Hard Knox. Knock Knox. It doesn't matter. Hall of Fame in 20.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
H20Knick

Re: Luke Kornet can shoot 3s so we should keep him!

Postby cragganmor » February 9, 2018, 1:48 am

Hahaha, an oldie but a goodie :LOL:
cragganmor

Postby NewlyKnicked » February 9, 2018, 5:06 am

cragganmor wrote:He's got good timing, positioning and being 7'1" helps; his wingspan is avg, 7'2".

If he hits the gym this summer and strengthens his lower body, then he'll be a bit quicker and able to get position better.

I like his upside, fits the modern 5 role well. I kinda like Lukesanity... :LOL:

Seems to be going towards the UniKornet

I like it a lot
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
NewlyKnicked

Postby taowave » February 9, 2018, 10:54 am

luke blocked half as many shots in one game as Willie did this whole year

(22 minutes vs 234 minute)

Boston_PuppyDawg wrote:Luke Kornet blocks a 4th shot, which means he becomes the first and only player in NBA history at least 4 blocks and three 3-pointers in his first career game.

taowave

Postby thewatcher » February 9, 2018, 11:02 am

^^yeah, Kornet makes the loss of Willie and McDermott easy. And then we have Emmanuel and the 2 2nd rounders. Good haul. # young-lottery drafted PG's :hmm: I'm really liking Frank at the 2 and/orMudaiy at the 3 for experimental fun.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
thewatcher

Postby taowave » February 9, 2018, 11:10 am

Watcher,if we play Frank at the 2 ,Mudiay at the 3,who is our PG and what happens to Hardaway??

I think Mudiay and Frank battle it out for the starting PG spot...Mudiay is not a good defender....He has ALOT to prove
taowave

Postby thewatcher » February 9, 2018, 11:17 am

Yeah, I don't disagree, but perhaps Mudaiy can man the 3? Frank at the 1, Tim at the 2, Burke backing them up. There's versatility here, which you view as a negative, but is actually a positive. Mudai at age 21 is already a beast. Like he could play sf.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
thewatcher

Postby KRL » February 9, 2018, 11:28 am

One nice game doesn't qualify Kornet for the Hall of Fame but he showed everything you want in
a stretch 5. He's been doing this all year in the GLeague, if he keeps it up he'll be a perfect backup
to Kanter in the future
KRL

Postby Don Che » February 9, 2018, 11:33 am

Play him 40 mins a night

make Kanter opt out
Don Che

Postby Nononsense » February 9, 2018, 12:10 pm

I've been pulling for Kornet since last summer. Great debut last night, but he's been showing this ability dating back to his college days, summer league, training camp, and G-League stint. No surprise here at all. At this point (with KP out for the season), we should be focusing on this group of guys developing:

Backcourt & Wings: Frank, Burke, Mudiay, THJ and Dotson
Frontcourt: Kanter, Kornet, Hicks, and Hayes

Yes, that's Nigel Hayes I'm referring to. Call him up from the G-League already. At this point, I don't care to see any of the rest of the vets get major burn. Let them be mentors mostly from the bench.
Nononsense

Postby taowave » February 9, 2018, 12:16 pm

I dont view versatility as negative,but both Frank and Mudiay have alot to prove,as does Burke.

I dont think its a great sign for Frank as PG that we have brought in 2 other PG's..

Sure the argument could be made that Frank is a 2,but he should show some ability to shoot and score.

I like hardaway at the 2..

thewatcher wrote:Yeah, I don't disagree, but perhaps Mudaiy can man the 3? Frank at the 1, Tim at the 2, Burke backing them up. There's versatility here, which you view as a negative, but is actually a positive. Mudai at age 21 is already a beast. Like he could play sf.
taowave

Postby H20Knick » February 9, 2018, 12:19 pm

bahahahahahhahaha thank you for this thread title
Fort Knox. Hard Knox. Knock Knox. It doesn't matter. Hall of Fame in 20.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
H20Knick

Postby Don Che » February 9, 2018, 12:25 pm

as bad as Frank has been...Tim has been worse. especially when u consider his minutes/contracts/opportunity.

let them all slug it out

is Nigel Hayes still on our g league roster? i know he went to LA but havent heard what happened after that
Don Che

Postby Boston_PuppyDawg » February 9, 2018, 12:57 pm

Knicks really liked Luke Kornet before the draft, even took him to dinner during workout process which seemed rare for an undrafted guy.

G-League, shot 44% 3PT, blocked 1.5 shots.

Debut for Knicks last night: Three 3s, 4 blocks. Opposite-style big compared to Hernangomez.
Calderon: "It’s no fun when you try to win for the Knicks and people want you out of the Knicks.” (2/18/16)
Boston_PuppyDawg

Postby Boston_PuppyDawg » February 9, 2018, 12:57 pm

MSG Network’s Bill Pidto after Hornacek praised Luke Kornet in a blowout loss: “Maybe some insight there on why the Knicks traded Willy Hernangomez to Charlotte. Luke Kornet is bigger and a better shooter and that is how the NBA is trending.”
Boston_PuppyDawg

Postby spree#8 » February 9, 2018, 1:05 pm

Don Che wrote:as bad as Frank has been...Tim has been worse. especially when u consider his minutes/contracts/opportunity.

let them all slug it out

is Nigel Hayes still on our g league roster? i know he went to LA but havent heard what happened after that

Lol. WTF is wrong with you guys? The team has played the best with him on the floor among major contributors, but you throw him under the bus again, because he has 5 bad games in a row coming back from injury? :sadno:

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/ ... position/5
http://stats.nba.com/team/1610612752/pl ... r%20Season

The team should run more stuff through him going forward, once he has regained his rhythm again.
#knickstape
spree#8

Next

Return to New York Knicks