[Merged] Knicks trade for Emmanuel Mudiay (details inside)

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: [Merged] Knicks trade for Emmanuel Mudiay (details inside)

Postby spree#8 » February 15, 2018, 5:58 pm

H20Knick wrote:
the 2019 draft looks pretty shitty IMO

Yeah, I also haven't noticed anyone yet, but Trae Young was also on no one's radar before this sesson.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby H20Knick » February 15, 2018, 6:03 pm

Don Che wrote:
the knicks are on the path of doing what your asking for lol your just too impatient to let happen naturally.

not really though. they kept lee and oquinn and let it fuck up the tank. mills/perry dont believe in the tank. they have too much pride for the tank.

the mudiay move makes me optimistic, but they really fucked this season up with jack/lee/oquinn being here. I even argued last summer we should let melo walk instead of getting back something in return. I'd gladly exchange his cap hit for kanter not being here and us having 6 more losses right now.
Fort Knox. Hard Knox. Knock Knox. It doesn't matter. Hall of Fame in 20.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
H20Knick

Postby spree#8 » February 15, 2018, 6:34 pm

With KP healthy, we had to give him an opportunity to be developed under the right circumstances, so tanking was not the right strategy in the summer. It might be for next season.

But you always have to keep the development of your players in mind and that doesn't mean simple playing time, it means developing a winning culture.

The season wasn't fucked up. Our moves look strategically fine.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby NYGM » February 15, 2018, 7:05 pm

Don Che wrote:Doncic has skill...can easily be great...but until i see him light up NBA athletes i can't say w/o a shadow of a doubt that he's a generational player and if he is.....he better be a Knick

[YouTube]
9sPxV4YGNa0
[/YouTube]
NYGM

Postby NYGM » February 15, 2018, 7:08 pm

Don Che wrote:Doncic has skill...can easily be great...but until i see him light up NBA athletes i can't say w/o a shadow of a doubt that he's a generational player and if he is.....he better be a Knick

NYGM

Postby H20Knick » February 15, 2018, 7:38 pm

HOLY S*** !!!!! Mannnnnnn wow. Wow. Just wow. This kid has STONES . Please world I don't ask for much. Just let me win this lottery just this once.

I'd trade this whole team twice for him
Fort Knox. Hard Knox. Knock Knox. It doesn't matter. Hall of Fame in 20.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
H20Knick

Postby dcapodic » February 15, 2018, 7:42 pm

NYGM wrote:

Nice post NYGM!!
- Thanasis Antetokounmpo spelled backwards is Opmnuokotetna (which is Swahili for Hand Sanitizer). Mr. Glass, circa 2014
dcapodic

Postby dcapodic » February 15, 2018, 7:43 pm

H20Knick wrote:HOLY S*** !!!!! Mannnnnnn wow. Wow. Just wow. This kid has STONES . Please world I don't ask for much. Just let me win this lottery just this once.

I'd trade this whole team twice for him

Gotta love the aggressiveness!!

This kid has STONES

Very well put!
- Thanasis Antetokounmpo spelled backwards is Opmnuokotetna (which is Swahili for Hand Sanitizer). Mr. Glass, circa 2014
dcapodic

Postby taowave » February 15, 2018, 7:53 pm

Spree,the Lakers went really young and went with Ball while benching Clarkson..

Nothing wrong with that..

In spirit,I agree with what you are saying,but there is no question that getting a top 5 pick was the best move long term..This building a winning culture is nonsense,i.e 30-35 wins ....

And look what happened....Now we are without KP for apx 10 months and staring at the number 10 pick...

Dam close to worse case scenario

spree#8 wrote:With KP healthy, we had to give him an opportunity to be developed under the right circumstances, so tanking was not the right strategy in the summer. It might be for next season.

But you always have to keep the development of your players in mind and that doesn't mean simple playing time, it means developing a winning culture.

The season wasn't fucked up. Our moves look strategically fine.
taowave

Postby NYGM » February 15, 2018, 7:59 pm

Luka is special..

The knock on him is his lack of elite athleticsm.. That could be a problem defensively IMO.. He's not like Frank who played limited minutes on his team in France, he's been playing high level of ball in Spain with Real Madrid..

To be clear, Luka is way more talented and seasoned than Mario Hezonja when he came to the league..

You can get some videos of him and Dragic on the FIBA Eurobasket, totally dominating that tournament too (Luka's part is at 4:47!)...

NYGM

Postby spree#8 » February 16, 2018, 4:59 am

Tao, you can't compare us to the Lakers and Ball. Tanking in KPs rookie season? Sure, could've been a viable strategy. In his 3rd year? Nope.

KPs injury opens up the option to tank next season. Nonetheless building a winning culture is extremely important, because otherwise you take yourself out of the free agent market and devalue your assets for the trade market. This season was a good first step, not a worst case. We are in a good position to go forward.

BTW: you keep saying that 5 is better than 10. You know what: 1 is better than 5. Doesn't mean that tanking is always the best strategy.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby taowave » February 16, 2018, 7:40 am

There is no free agency market for us for 2018-2019..

In the perfect world,we tanked this year(not intentionally),got the number 1 pick,made the playoffs next year and then land a stud in Free agency when we have available cap the following year...

And yes,the lower numbers are better than higher numbers , Glad to see you have finally come around.. :)

I also agree with you 100% regarding the culture..I am speaking hypothetically,but to put a 35 win culture over a top 3 pick is really short sighted... :)

As it stands,we are facing worse case scenario.Crappy pick,no culture change and our Unicorn recovering from ACL surgery..

spree#8 wrote:Tao, you can't compare us to the Lakers and Ball. Tanking in KPs rookie season? Sure, could've been a viable strategy. In his 3rd year? Nope.

KPs injury opens up the option to tank next season. Nonetheless building a winning culture is extremely important, because otherwise you take yourself out of the free agent market and devalue your assets for the trade market. This season was a good first step, not a worst case. We are in a good position to go forward.

BTW: you keep saying that 5 is better than 10. You know what: 1 is better than 5. Doesn't mean that tanking is always the best strategy.
Last edited by taowave on February 16, 2018, 10:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
taowave

Postby shakespeare » February 16, 2018, 9:20 am

H20, bro, don’t do it to yourself. New York’s chances of landing Doncic are similar to landing LeBron in free agency.
The Porzingis blessing is real.
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby Don Che » February 16, 2018, 9:55 am

yeh i saw that game...his offense isnt the concern...defense is.

i see him like a Harden type guy...just bigger...which...well is scary

watch him end up in Boston or Cleveland
Don Che

Postby spree#8 » February 16, 2018, 12:58 pm

He is probably the best international prospect ever, so I wouldn't be concerned with his defense. But with KP we had no realistic chance at the no. 1 pick, so I didn't and wouldn't waste any time thinking about Doncic, until we somehow win the lottery.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby Don Che » February 16, 2018, 1:39 pm

i didnt consider a top 5 pick till KP went down....and i just think we will be in that conversation by the time the year is over. Either by lack of skill or luck.

and wouldnt put it passed us if we took Ayton at 1 either
Don Che

Postby nazrmohamed » February 16, 2018, 3:01 pm

I'd be ecstatic if we took Ayton number one as he's the best player in this draft, fits a need and has plenty of upside.

And I'd let pretty much all my bigs walk. Thank you Oquinn, thank you Kanter for your service. Ayton gets to showcase and develop for a year while KP is on crutches and Kornet can back him up. When KP comes back we run a 3 C rotation.

Even so we probably suck again and the goal....Cameron Reddish
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby NewlyKnicked » February 16, 2018, 4:53 pm

1st pick? Really guys? And you wonder why the fan base I forever frustrated... 7th to 9th. Don’t bet on miracles
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
NewlyKnicked

Postby Koopa Troopa » February 16, 2018, 8:03 pm

NewlyKnicked wrote:1st pick? Really guys? And you wonder why the fan base I forever frustrated... 7th to 9th. Don’t bet on miracles

Even if the Knicks owned picks 1 through 30 they would still manage to find a way to fuck it up. :drunk:
Koopa Troopa

Postby gradyandrew » February 18, 2018, 6:18 am

Mudiay has to figure out that he's not a star. He takes way too many ill advised shots. He should never, ever be taking 3's above the break with 20 seconds on the shot clock. The guy he should be watching is TJ McConnel. No reason Mudiay can't play a similar game. If he wants to have a future he needs to become a pit bull on defense, and with that body, absolutely no reason he shouldn't be.
This is a FAN page that relies on its members for content and commentary. So don't be a lurker, be a POSTER, even if it's just a picture of a fat guy eating a hamburger.
gradyandrew

PreviousNext

Return to New York Knicks