Anyone else wake up this morning feeling like we are legitimately starting over?

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Anyone else wake up this morning feeling like we are legitimately starting over?

Postby Minkaveli » February 7, 2018, 10:27 am

Sad day. But at least we have each other.
No longer sick and tired that Kurt wasn't hired.
Minkaveli

Re: Anyone else wake up this morning feeling like we are legitimately starting over?

Postby Rusty La Rue » February 7, 2018, 10:36 am

Minkaveli wrote:Sad day. But at least we have each other.

:drunk: Yeah it is a tough day... But without KP we are surely at least in the top 10 come draft night... It is full tank now... Let us see where we stand after the trade deadline... but it is time to roll out all the young guns... Willy, Dotson, Ntilikina, Burke etc.
"Everybody gets excited about youth except the coach, because he knows youth means mistakes, mistakes mean losses, losses means you're fired."
Rusty La Rue

Re: Anyone else wake up this morning feeling like we are legitimately starting over?

Postby H20Knick » February 7, 2018, 10:40 am

Yep. that's exactly what it feels like to me. A real chance at back to back top 8 picks with KP coming back into it at the end. We need an elite floor general. We need an elite wing. KP can come back to be the Love/Bosh that puts us over the top. We have to draft well though. No Jan Veseleys. We have the chance to be Durant/Westbrook/Harden but with Dolan's pocketbook to keep them all on the same team
Fort Knox. Hard Knox. Knock Knox. It doesn't matter. Hall of Fame in 20.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
H20Knick

Postby Rusty La Rue » February 7, 2018, 10:41 am

It might be a blessing in disguise (If we assume that KP is back to 100% come January 2019) we were not making the playoffs this season with or without KP... But we will definitely loose more games now and I still dream that we end up with a top 5 draft pick... and those chances are a higher without KP for the rest of the season... But it is never nice to see a player go down like that... Get well KP
"Everybody gets excited about youth except the coach, because he knows youth means mistakes, mistakes mean losses, losses means you're fired."
Rusty La Rue

Postby Don Che » February 7, 2018, 10:41 am

this could be a blessing in disguise....now we get to see how bad we are...tank heavy

and my goal is to have a player as good or BETTER than KP by the time he plays a full year.

I'd trade Kanter and Kyle RIGHT NOW...legit...pick up the phone and get it done this split second.

I'd also welcome a Lee trade also if the right price is met but I'd be ok with keeping him and Lance since they are the captains.

and if Frank is starting by after the ASB......im off the Jeff wagon because hes coaching like he has to win games to save his job...but i think we'd all like him a lot more if he just played the young guys and jsut take the L
Don Che

Postby Don Che » February 7, 2018, 10:43 am

H20Knick wrote:Yep. that's exactly what it feels like to me. A real chance at back to back top 8 picks with KP coming back into it at the end. We need an elite floor general. We need an elite wing. KP can come back to be the Love/Bosh that puts us over the top. We have to draft well though. No Jan Veseleys. We have the chance to be Durant/Westbrook/Harden but with Dolan's pocketbook to keep them all on the same team

PRE-CISELY

its actually hilarious that it took KP getting hurt of all of us to agree....if you were still team playoffs a week ago...you joined team tank last night
Don Che

Postby knicksH20 » February 7, 2018, 11:02 am

yeah i'm one of those rooting for a tank now. :(

man i woke up this morning incredibly depressed.
One Team. One New York.

Jamal Crawford
His Crawfulness!
knicksH20

Postby cragganmor » February 7, 2018, 11:09 am

Yep. Back to square one, but we should trade away all vets except Noah (who is untraceable without surrendering a first rounder, screw that) Lance and JJ. Play the kids, call up Kornet and Hicks. See if we can land 1 decent sf on the cheap. Let Jeff run a speedball offense tailored to Burke's talents.
cragganmor

Postby Don Che » February 7, 2018, 11:14 am

Is Frank hurt also?

Kanter/Kyle shouldnt be knicks in 24 hours

I'd welcome Hayes/Hicks to the team just to see what they got
Don Che

Postby shakespeare » February 7, 2018, 12:09 pm

Minkaveli wrote:Sad day.
The Porzingis blessing is real.
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby shakespeare » February 7, 2018, 12:11 pm

H20Knick wrote:We have the chance to be Durant/Westbrook/Harden but with Dolan's pocketbook to keep them all on the same team

Don’t forget Ibaka.
The Porzingis blessing is real.
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby StevoStarks » February 7, 2018, 1:25 pm

Minkaveli wrote:Sad day. But at least we have each other.

Hahaha. We've had each other since 2003....a lot of good it's done us!
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby nazrmohamed » February 7, 2018, 1:31 pm

Don Che wrote:Is Frank hurt also?

Kanter/Kyle shouldnt be knicks in 24 hours

I'd welcome Hayes/Hicks to the team just to see what they got

Except they are here and we just traded Willy. We'll give Kanter the max, watch
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby rebound » February 7, 2018, 1:49 pm

trade oquinn and lee.

frank
tim
rookie?
beasley?(cheap re-sign)
kp

burke
baker
doug?(cheap re-sign)
lance
kanter

dot
joakim's corpse
2nd round picks/undrafted players

no more trash vets.
Team Mills
rebound

Postby H20Knick » February 7, 2018, 2:22 pm

Kanter wont get the max. Not with so many C's on the market. He'll get more than THJ though.

H20Knick

Postby StevoStarks » February 7, 2018, 2:25 pm

H20Knick wrote:Kanter wont get the max. Not with so many C's on the market. He'll get more than THJ though.

I wish in some world we could have given Kanter Noah's deal and let Noah fuck off.

Maybe we can keep Kanter for Lopez's old deal. Saw an article somewhere this week that detailed how the days of Ian Mahimimi and Myers Leonard getting $20M a year are gone.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby Ingus » February 7, 2018, 2:26 pm

Ingus wrote:I'm feeling hopelessness. Is that what it feels like to be a Knicks fan?

source: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=39072&p=679005#p679005

2 years have passed, nothing has changed. lol
Hell, with KP's injury and the Hernangomez trade... this feels worse than it did 2 years ago.
Ingus

Postby H20Knick » February 7, 2018, 2:32 pm

StevoStarks wrote:
I wish in some world we could have given Kanter Noah's deal and let Noah fuck off.

Maybe we can keep Kanter for Lopez's old deal. Saw an article somewhere this week that detailed how the days of Ian Mahimimi and Myers Leonard getting $20M a year are gone.

Really. I'm much happier giving Kanter 15-17 a season than bringing in some 30 year old win now former all star chasing his last paycheck, demanding we win games, and fucking up my draft pick

H20Knick

Postby spree#8 » February 7, 2018, 2:37 pm

H20Knick wrote:Kanter wont get the max. Not with so many C's on the market. He'll get more than THJ though.

He shouldn't, because he is a 25 minute per game player, while THJ is a legitimate starter. Getting him down to 10-12 would be my goal for 2019, maybe willing to go up to 14 if he shows more ability to defend until the end of next year.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby StevoStarks » February 7, 2018, 2:40 pm

Phil's greatest parting gift was Noah. There needs to be a GM contract exception in place where a team gets to eliminate one shitty contract from a former regime's tomfuckery.
- Dr. Seuss

- taowave

- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Next

Return to New York Knicks