Knicks trade deadline rumors/news

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: Knicks trade deadline rumors/news

Postby spree#8 » February 8, 2018, 3:19 pm

spree#8 wrote:
Perry wasn't calling the shots there, so you can let it go and concentrate on what he does here.

Koopa Troopa wrote: :thumbsdown: Have blind faith in a man with horrible credentials. He got fired the same time as Hennigan. He was his right hand man. Even if you dont blame him directly, you sure as hell know he didnt help Hennigan at all. Orlando is still reeling in pain from those two.

https://nypost.com/2017/07/15/the-team- ... ms-resume/

I'm not a believer, I will simply evaluate what he does here.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby H20Knick » February 8, 2018, 3:19 pm

Jack, Burke, Ntilikina, Mudiay... even if you eliminate Jack from the conversation, how do you develop 3 point guards?
Fort Knox. Hard Knox. Knock Knox. It doesn't matter. Hall of Fame in 20.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
H20Knick

Postby spree#8 » February 8, 2018, 3:21 pm

H20Knick wrote:Jack, Burke, Ntilikina, Mudiay... even if you eliminate Jack from the conversation, how do you develop 3 point guards?

Don't ask Max. :LOL: Although Hornacek did have success with multiple ball handlers in Phoenix and two of our point guards are 6 foot 5, so they should have no problem defending the 2.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby Koopa Troopa » February 8, 2018, 3:22 pm

spree#8 wrote:

You would hire somebody without looking at their resume? Cause I think thats what the Knicks did. I truly believe the Knicks only looked at Perry's wikipedia page before interviewing him.

spree#8 wrote:Don't ask Max. :LOL: Although Hornacek did have success with multiple ball handlers in Phoenix and two of our point guards are 6 foot 5, so they should have no problem defending the 2.

Im ready for the 4PG lineup post from Max. :drunk:
Last edited by Koopa Troopa on February 8, 2018, 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Koopa Troopa

Postby thewatcher » February 8, 2018, 3:22 pm

^^ either Frank or Emmanuel have to play SG. Their versatility is a strength
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
thewatcher

Postby spree#8 » February 8, 2018, 3:25 pm

spree#8 wrote:

Koopa Troopa wrote:You would hire somebody without looking at their resume? Cause I think thats what the Knicks did. I truly believe the Knicks only looked at Perry's wikipedia page before interviewing him.

Detorit's championship is in his resume. He spent the most years there and was highly successful in that FO team. Also he has reportedly fantastic connections/working relationships to his peers, which is invaluable in trade discussions. So I don't understand how you can't give him a fair shot.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby Mr. Glass » February 8, 2018, 3:26 pm

Booty-yeah.
"Mother said render you unconscious. I'm going to render you unconscious." LL Cool J
Mr. Glass

Postby H20Knick » February 8, 2018, 3:26 pm

spree#8 wrote:
Don't ask Max. :LOL: Although Hornacek did have success with multiple ball handlers in Phoenix and two of our point guards are 6 foot 5, so they should have no problem defending the 2.

gooood point.

im pretty impressed at mudiay's 3 pt percentage this year. The knock against him in the draft was that he couldnt shoot
Fort Knox. Hard Knox. Knock Knox. It doesn't matter. Hall of Fame in 20.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
H20Knick

Postby Koopa Troopa » February 8, 2018, 3:31 pm

spree#8 wrote:
Detorit's championship is in his resume. He spent the most years there and was highly successful in that FO team. Also he has reportedly fantastic connections/working relationships to his peers, which is invaluable in trade discussions. So I don't understand how you can't give him a fair shot.

You contradict yourself here. You say ignore everything about Orlando where he was the right hand man, and yet give him massive props for when he was Joe Dumars coffee boy a decade ago :?
Koopa Troopa

Postby StevoStarks » February 8, 2018, 3:33 pm

This will allow us to take a look at Frank playing the 2 as well.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby spree#8 » February 8, 2018, 3:36 pm

spree#8 wrote:

Koopa Troopa wrote:You contradict yourself here. You say ignore everything about Orlando where he was the right hand man, and yet give him massive props for when he was Joe Dumars coffee boy a decade ago :?

No, I say that you should also look at that instead of picking some bad moves from his Orlando days and shitting on the veterans they brought in to Sacramento, which was something they had atop of their agenda, because they have too much youth without guidance. They also made nice moves for young players in both stints. So if you look at his resume, look at it all.

I don't judge him based on anything any of his former teams did, because he didn't call anywhere the shots. I will evaluate him here, because I think his word does count here more than before. That's all. So far, so good.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby Koopa Troopa » February 8, 2018, 3:54 pm

You're right that we gotta give him the chance to prove himself here, but I will stay wary because of his recent work. Im definitely OK with this deal. If you look at it....you flipped Melo into Kanter and Mudiay. The Knicks historically have done much worse. Now we just gotta see how it goes from here.

Just a random thought. Doug was a big part of the rotation last month, Im thinking it was an order from above to not use him the last few weeks to keep him healthy as all these deals were being talked about.
Koopa Troopa

Postby nazrmohamed » February 8, 2018, 4:12 pm

H20Knick wrote:Jack, Burke, Ntilikina, Mudiay... even if you eliminate Jack from the conversation, how do you develop 3 point guards?

None of which can shoot. But ask maxenque, he's probably in heaven right now. I'm like meh on these deals. Can't say I'm in love with it but not bad enough to hate, especially when I wanna tank anyway.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby taowave » February 8, 2018, 4:15 pm

And their shooting is their weakness,though Mudiay is showing signs of life from deep.

thewatcher wrote:^^ either Frank or Emmanuel have to play SG. Their versatility is a strength
taowave

Postby nazrmohamed » February 8, 2018, 4:15 pm

Koopa Troopa wrote:You're right that we gotta give him the chance to prove himself here, but I will stay wary because of his recent work. Im definitely OK with this deal. If you look at it....you flipped Melo into Kanter and Mudiay. The Knicks historically have done much worse. Now we just gotta see how it goes from here.

Just a random thought. Doug was a big part of the rotation last month, Im thinking it was an order from above to not use him the last few weeks to keep him healthy as all these deals were being talked about.

I liked McDermott. Everyone was all about Burkes resurgence but Doug was a failed lottery pick himself and although was never gonna be a starter, he was playing like a 6th or 7th man for a while and actually fit into the SF perfectly. No combo this or that.

But the last month he's just sucked, bad
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby taowave » February 8, 2018, 4:17 pm

Tiny sample size,but Burke has an EFG of .612

How can you say he can not shoot?

nazrmohamed wrote:
None of which can shoot. But ask maxenque, he's probably in heaven right now. I'm like meh on these deals. Can't say I'm in love with it but not bad enough to hate, especially when I wanna tank anyway.
taowave

Postby spree#8 » February 8, 2018, 4:52 pm

Koopa Troopa wrote:You're right that we gotta give him the chance to prove himself here, but I will stay wary because of his recent work. Im definitely OK with this deal. If you look at it....you flipped Melo into Kanter and Mudiay. The Knicks historically have done much worse. Now we just gotta see how it goes from here.

Yup. And we also still have that second-rounder from Chicago in that deal which I'm looking forward too. Hopefully they suck the rest of the year, so we get a pick in the really early 30s.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby Mr3037 » February 8, 2018, 5:12 pm

We need to now send out Lee for a young SF or another couple of picks.
NYK Fan since 92
NYKFP Fan since 04

26 years & counting...Bleeding Orange & Blue
Mr3037

Postby spree#8 » February 8, 2018, 5:22 pm

Mr3037 wrote:We need to now send out Lee for a young SF or another couple of picks.

The deadline has passed. He is a fine veteran to have. We wanted a first round pick, didn't get one, so it's fine to keep him. The young SF can come in via the draft.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby Don Che » February 8, 2018, 5:41 pm

dog eat dog world plus they can easily play together.

mudiay/Frank can cover 1-3 depending on match ups
Don Che

Previous

Return to New York Knicks