Knicks to part ways with Noah?

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

spree#8
Likes given: 540

Wrong in what? Kanter and O'Quinn outworked and outplayed Noah. If Noah can't deal with that, hopefully he agrees to a buyout. If not, get back in the fold and mentor.

If the Knicks don't think that is a possibility anymore, you can bet that Noah went too far over the line. None of his teammates coming to his defense so far tells us basically all we need to know.
#knickstape
Don Che
Likes given: 9

lol expecting his teammates to be on Noah's side publically is unrealistic...this team has a lot of yes men.

and your not at the practices...neither am i...so neither of us know who outplays who. Noah could be doing damage in practice..never gettting a shot in the games and lost his patients..spoke to the coach and the coach got physical

there are several ways in which this story can go....im looking at the fact of it.

Noah hasnt played
noah has a large contract
there was a confrontation
Jeff sent him home and management is standing by Jeff

theres a lot of loose information btwn those things and I wont pretend like I know the details but if your a coach..you need to be the one showing restraint especially with Jeff's history.

i like Jeff as a coach but this specific scenerio i dont agree with. You have the largest contract on your team for another 2 years staying at home...that situation should of been managed better.

its naive to put blame entirely on Noah...he's been a team first guy since he was 19 and been a flat out warrior....talk about his contract all you want but outside of that contract and his free throw shooting there isnt nothing wrong with the guy lol
spree#8

Don Che wrote:lol expecting his teammates to be on Noah's side publically is unrealistic...this team has a lot of yes men.

and your not at the practices...neither am i...so neither of us know who outplays who. Noah could be doing damage in practice..never gettting a shot in the games and lost his patients..spoke to the coach and the coach got physical

there are several ways in which this story can go....im looking at the fact of it.

Noah hasnt played
noah has a large contract
there was a confrontation
Jeff sent him home and management is standing by Jeff

theres a lot of loose information btwn those things and I wont pretend like I know the details but if your a coach..you need to be the one showing restraint especially with Jeff's history.

i like Jeff as a coach but this specific scenerio i dont agree with. You have the largest contract on your team for another 2 years staying at home...that situation should of been managed better.

its naive to put blame entirely on Noah...he's been a team first guy since he was 19 and been a flat out warrior....talk about his contract all you want but outside of that contract and his free throw shooting there isnt nothing wrong with the guy lol
Speculation. If there were truth to it, you could bet that a) the Knicks organization and his teammates would stand by the player and not the coach and b) that the NBPA would be all over Jeff Hornacek. But they aren't. So there is nothing to worry about IMO. If this incident leads to Noah agreeing to a buyout it's fine. If not and Noah didn't cross the line, he may be back. Confrontations at practices happen.

Just a reminder: Spree choked his coach (while being totally over the line and in the wrong) and still had the support of his teammates, so none of the current Knicks saying anything to Noah's defense is not a good sign for him.

I don't see why anyone would blame Hornacek here. As long as he didn't lose any authority with the rest of the guys, it's fine. As you say, we weren't there, but the team, the organization and the coach seem to have moved on, so that's what I'll also do.
Last edited by spree#8 on February 21st, 2018, 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#knickstape
gradyandrew
Likes given: 0

Noah has scored 12 points this season.
Randle in the Rafters
Don Che

gradyandrew wrote:Noah has scored 12 points this season.
im pretty sure he's played 50 minutes all season

Kanter and Kyle got us on the hot streak while he was suspended and Jeff rolled with those guys all the way through..which is fine but once things went south...or one of those guys played flat...Noah should of been given a chance and he just hasnt been given one.
StevoStarks

Let him chill on the sidelines. He'll want a buyout soon enough.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
Don Che

management has to prove that we are a normal organization

jeff has a job to do and im sure his intent was good but this whole situation was mismanaged.

its in their best interest to say "lets move on"

but in my mind...this year it doesnt matter cuz now i dont want to win

next year I want Noah as our back up...he'd be perfect at it. defense/rebounding/passing from the 5 position is unique
Ari_Ingus

Don Che wrote:management has to prove that we are a normal organization

jeff has a job to do and im sure his intent was good but this whole situation was mismanaged.

next year I want Noah as our back up...he'd be perfect at it. defense/rebounding/passing from the 5 position is unique
Was watching some not so old all star game videos, and Noah was there...playing with all the big names. Was a bit strange to see where the guy is now
spree#8

Don Che wrote:management has to prove that we are a normal organization

O'Quinn brings that and has an offensive game. That's why he is the back-up (which might be resigned at the right price). Look: I like Noah and it is unfortunate for him that the franchise gave up on him, but there are good on court reasons. As I said: I welcome him back as the back-up if that is possible, but I don't mind him being bought out and I have absolutely no problem that he was 4th among centers this season. The ironic part is - that's why I said he went on Hornacek too early - that now that Hernangomez is traded and KP went down there probably would've been an opportunity there for him to play in bigger line-ups.

Jack might be in the same position on short notice, but he understands what is asked of him:
“He doesn’t have to [say anything]. He calls your name be ready. He doesn’t [call you], sit there and support everybody else. That’s what it’s about at the end of the day,” Jack said.
#knickstape
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

i dont even understand how there is a 5 page thread about joahkim noah

he isn't tradeable

he isnt young enough to be worth investing minutes in

if he's good enough to help the team, then he's bad for the tank

let him stay at home and collect his paychecks until his contract is over. we have zero use for him.
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
Don Che

H20Knick wrote:i dont even understand how there is a 5 page thread about joahkim noah

he isn't tradeable

he isnt young enough to be worth investing minutes in

if he's good enough to help the team, then he's bad for the tank

let him stay at home and collect his paychecks until his contract is over. we have zero use for him.
i agree with this 100% i just wish it wasnt such a negative display

i want Noah to play next year...sit back and chill
taowave
Likes given: 817

Thats a good point Don...Noah is probably a popular player in the league,and we really dont't need anymore public dysfunction...

Ill be pretty surprised if he doesnt give up some of his money to get bought out..Cant see him wanting to go out like this
StevoStarks

taowave wrote:Thats a good point Don...Noah is probably a popular player in the league,and we really dont't need anymore public dysfunction...

Ill be pretty surprised if he doesnt give up some of his money to get bought out..Cant see him wanting to go out like this
Me neither.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
Don Che

im just saying Noah from his time in florida has never been a bad seed in a locker room...period

2x national champ
been an all star
all defensive player of the year
jimmy butler thanks him for his growth
same with Rose

Rose went down a million times and Noah never complained...he played like an MVP and still said its Rose's team and went to war against miami every year.

I'm not saying he's perfect...all im saying is the situation could be handled better and IDC what you guys say.....if you take contracts.....Noah wins you more games than Kyle.

and while Kyle is the man..he has flat games and Noah could of been used.

Ive seen both kanter/kyle get abused by other bigs....and i think Noah could of stepped in just to see how it goes. Im not saying he needs to start but finding him 15 mins here...20 mins there...no minutes another game i think things wouldnt of gotten this bad. putting him in for 3 mins and deading it is just wrong.
NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 160

Any info on Noah? Deadline for him to join a playoff team is tomorrow right? Doesn't look like it's gonna be the case tho
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
spree#8

NewlyKnicked wrote:Any info on Noah? Deadline for him to join a playoff team is tomorrow right? Doesn't look like it's gonna be the case tho
He has to agree to a buyout until tomorrow to be playoff eligible - he doesn't have to sign with a new team tomorrow. Haven't heard any news though and am waiting as anxiously as you.
#knickstape
StevoStarks

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baske ... -1.3847138
According to sources, there are teams interested in signing Noah for the playoffs — including the Timberwolves — but only as a free agent on a minimum deal. That would require the Knicks to waive Noah before midnight Thursday. New York tried to trade Noah but his contract was deemed prohibitive without assets attached.
3 hours ago – via New York Daily News

Top Rumors, Buyout, Free Agency, Trade, Joakim Noah, Minnesota Timberwolves, New York Knicks
- Dr. Seuss

- taowave

- rynyk222
bobhait
Likes given: 62

if playoff teams wanted Noah they should have traded for him... or wait a couple years
sky’s the limit
Mr3037

Looks like the waivings, buyouts & signings are happening so if it's gonna happen it should be soon you'd think.

It's REAL SIMPLE for both him & us....

IF he wants to PLAY playoff ball then agree to a LESSER buyout figure & sign wherever you want
IF he wants EVERY cent from us then he can sit his ass at home for the next couple of years
NYK Fan since 92
NYKFP Fan since 04

28 years & counting...Bleeding Orange & Blue
NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 160

Questions:
- if Noah is bought out and then signs with another team for the minimum salary, will he get that entire minimum for this year or just a portion of it corresponding to the number of months left or nothing until next year?
- can he sign for the minimum for multiple years guaranteed?
- The vet minimum would be what? $2-3mil? So around $6-9mil for the remaining years of his contract. That's the minimum money Noah could leave on the table without losing money himself if he get paid by the other team. Not much...
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion