Knicks to part ways with Noah?

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: Knicks to part ways with Noah?

Postby gradyandrew » February 18, 2018, 11:05 pm

taowave wrote:What Noah did was wrong,but I don't get why Jeff pulled him in that game..It was bad

I really don't see it that way. As soon as THJ got your injured this team lost it's mojo and was in need of a spark. Noah's first burn was in the massacre at Indiana, where he and Willy actually had a decent showing in the 4th. His next extended burn was that win vs. the pelicans. He has got the best resume on the team, it seems to me like it's on Jeff for not figuring out how to get him some more play. I think he could have teamed with Enes for a good 1-2 punch.
It’s not the frustration of the fans of us losing, they want to see the dog, they want to see that fight, they want to see that hunger inside of you. - THJ
Management didn't get that memo.
gradyandrew

Postby Don Che » February 19, 2018, 12:07 pm

Noah should of been the back up after things went south

But now that I want to lose.....let him stay home lol
Don Che

Postby taowave » February 19, 2018, 1:25 pm

I think we are saying the same thing....My negative directed towards Noah was you cant go exploding on the coach,but I do NOT get why Jeff yanked him.I thought it was a really bad move...

I think the Knicks ill be parting ways with Jeff as well

gradyandrew wrote:
I really don't see it that way. As soon as THJ got your injured this team lost it's mojo and was in need of a spark. Noah's first burn was in the massacre at Indiana, where he and Willy actually had a decent showing in the 4th. His next extended burn was that win vs. the pelicans. He has got the best resume on the team, it seems to me like it's on Jeff for not figuring out how to get him some more play. I think he could have teamed with Enes for a good 1-2 punch.
taowave

Postby H20Knick » February 19, 2018, 2:38 pm

the knicks can't keep changing coaches every 2-3 years. Jeff should get at least 2 more years, especially since we need to tank anyway. No need to bring someone in just to lose games next season. No one good will want the job and any up-and-comer is going to have his reputation doomed by a 20 win season.
Fort Knox. Hard Knox. Knock Knox. It doesn't matter. Hall of Fame in 20.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
H20Knick

Postby spree#8 » February 19, 2018, 3:38 pm

H20Knick wrote:the knicks can't keep changing coaches every 2-3 years. Jeff should get at least 2 more years, especially since we need to tank anyway. No need to bring someone in just to lose games next season. No one good will want the job and any up-and-comer is going to have his reputation doomed by a 20 win season.

Agreed. I also see no reason why Hornacek should be in danger.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby big_j_NY » February 19, 2018, 4:14 pm

H20Knick wrote:the knicks can't keep changing coaches every 2-3 years. Jeff should get at least 2 more years, especially since we need to tank anyway. No need to bring someone in just to lose games next season. No one good will want the job and any up-and-comer is going to have his reputation doomed by a 20 win season.

Agreed......at the same time, the red flag is there for future "distractions" from Hornacek and current & future players having another possible rumble.

Tank or not, you don't want the Knicks looking like the fucking "Jailblazers" during a rebuild either with the head coach going "RKO Outta Nowhere" on every player or team personnel in his sight.
#EmbraceTheTank2018

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Postby taowave » February 19, 2018, 4:42 pm

I don't think JH deserves to be fired,but I do think it will happen.The tank is the only thing that could save him.I think Perry/Mills will bring in his own guy..

Not so sure we established a winning culture,nor do I see a particular brand of BBall that we embrace..Have we established an identity??
taowave

Postby gradyandrew » February 19, 2018, 7:25 pm

I'll say that even though I've been pissed all season about the Noah situation, I still think Jeff has done a good job this season. He's had solid rotations all season and seems to have a good word for everyone when they come off. The effort has been good most of the season. The Knickswereexpected to beterrible and instead they played good basketball for the first half of the season. There's no way to blame him for the injuries, hopefully management keeps him around for the next two seasons.
It’s not the frustration of the fans of us losing, they want to see the dog, they want to see that fight, they want to see that hunger inside of you. - THJ
gradyandrew

Postby Don Che » February 19, 2018, 7:48 pm

im not sure if i should blame Jeff or the roster for the lack of identity but for the most part this group does play hard and Jeff def has his favorites and rolls wtih guys who play hard.....but do i see him and think hes perfect? no but hes not as bad as you guys say he is.....i thnk with real talent he can get the most out of them also...as long as effort is there
Don Che

Postby shakespeare » February 20, 2018, 2:35 pm

I read an article that said Hornacek shoved Noah. Hilarious. I wonder what happened?
The Porzingis blessing is real.
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby shakespeare » February 20, 2018, 2:37 pm

Agreed.
The Porzingis blessing is real.
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby Don Che » February 20, 2018, 3:55 pm

yeh thats the main reason id rather just keep jeff

this franchise needs stability in the worst way...esp when he's shown to get more than expected from a bad roster.
Don Che

Postby taowave » February 20, 2018, 5:23 pm

Not taking a shot at Jeff,but Kanters play raises the bar above "bad roster"..

KP,THjr and Kanter on paper are halfway decent...

Ill be shocked if he makes it past the Tank deadline

Don Che wrote:yeh thats the main reason id rather just keep jeff

this franchise needs stability in the worst way...esp when he's shown to get more than expected from a bad roster.
taowave

Postby Don Che » February 20, 2018, 5:46 pm

true but as Nazr mentioned....when Kanter/KP/Tim were playing with a pulse...we were in the middle of the playoff hunt.

Tim goes down...KP doesnt play back to backs and goes down...bam...we were out of it.

which it just annoys me because I feel like we saw that it was over...3 weeks before Jeff did.

at the same time for us we observe and critique...Jeff travels with these grown men their to do a job u know. so he is going to keep rollin with the guys that got him to this point.

i personally would of waiting till kyle played flat and gave Noah minutes to keep things honest...would of given Dotson minutes when Tim came out looking like he got his skills taken by the monstars.
Don Che

Postby taowave » February 20, 2018, 6:07 pm

Thats pretty f-n funny Don...

KP came out ridiculously hot,and teams adjusted..Unfortunately,you cant count on Hardaway to make opponents pay for focusing on KP..

Jeff has to create some sort of an identitty the next 35 games..If he can get Frank or Mudiay to show a pulse,hes done his Job

Don Che wrote:true but as Nazr mentioned....when Kanter/KP/Tim were playing with a pulse...we were in the middle of the playoff hunt.

Tim goes down...KP doesnt play back to backs and goes down...bam...we were out of it.

which it just annoys me because I feel like we saw that it was over...3 weeks before Jeff did.

at the same time for us we observe and critique...Jeff travels with these grown men their to do a job u know. so he is going to keep rollin with the guys that got him to this point.

i personally would of waiting till kyle played flat and gave Noah minutes to keep things honest...would of given Dotson minutes when Tim came out looking like he got his skills taken by the monstars.
taowave

Postby NewlyKnicked » February 21, 2018, 5:53 am

Noah isn't coming back, seems to be definitely acted

https://nypost.com/2018/02/20/joakim-no ... d-is-near/

Now, considering the player and his alleged will to get pt, I think an agreement should be possible. 50% off would be black friday awesome, but even a 10mil sale should be considered
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
NewlyKnicked

Postby gradyandrew » February 21, 2018, 7:02 am

NewlyKnicked wrote:Noah isn't coming back, seems to be definitely acted

https://nypost.com/2018/02/20/joakim-no ... d-is-near/

Now, considering the player and his alleged will to get pt, I think an agreement should be possible. 50% off would be black friday awesome, but even a 10mil sale should be considered

What incentive does Noah have to leave any of that money on the table? In 2019-20, he's on the books for 19 million. He couldn't even make it past KOQ on the dying Knicks. I don't think it's even as simple as including a first round pick in it. A team would have to be in the exact same kind of shitty spot as the Knicks (no chance of contention for the next two years) for it to even make sense. And at that point, why would the Knicks do it? I think the move is to wait until KOQ leaves over the off season and then welcome back Noah on next year's rebuilding team where he can be the back-up center. Even that outcome seems unlikely. He's supposed to provide veteran leadership, but at this point is he even interested in doing that or are the Knicks even willing to give him that chance? The likely outcome I see is for him to stay home next season as well and then get stretched and waived in the summer of 2019. I think going that route the 19 million would be spread over 3 seasons, vs getting stretched and waived this summer and it counting over 5 years. The altertnative would be when he's in his last year, using his expiring to trade for some other player who doesn't fit. Either way, he's not going anywhere soon.
I always thought that the Jerome James contract would be the worst 'bang for your buck' contract in Knicks history, but the Noah contract is probably going to take that title.
gradyandrew

Postby spree#8 » February 21, 2018, 7:24 am

Noah's incentive to engage in buyout talks is to ressurect his career, to get back on the floor. Whether that means he is willing to leave money on the table remains to be seen and as I said in another thread is totally up to him.

Stretching his contract without a buyout is not an option in my book, because the cap hit is too high for years where we want to be players in free agency again. Of course that could change if stretching is the deciding factor to sign a star in 2018 or 2019 - but I don't see that as a realistic option. Also said it in another thread: before we dream about free agency, we have to focus on the draft and on improving on the court.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby gradyandrew » February 21, 2018, 10:21 am

I'm just hoping that the Trump tax cuts keep the economy growing and we get multiple 7 game playoff series over the next two seasons so that cap number keeps growing and growing and that Noah hit gets proportionally smaller and smaller.
gradyandrew

Postby Don Che » February 21, 2018, 11:39 am

Jeff is really being an idiot about this

unless theres something I dont know that isnt being reported...being objective about what is being reported...Jeff is wrong here
Don Che

PreviousNext

Return to New York Knicks