Knicks to part ways with Noah?

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: Knicks to part ways with Noah?

Postby ISIAH_THOMAS » January 31, 2018, 10:15 pm

Nobody wants this dude washed up and still thinks he can play
TAKE THAT FOR DATA
ISIAH_THOMAS

Postby rebound » January 31, 2018, 11:31 pm

Noah is a reminder the Knicks owner is a moron who doesn't know how to hire competent people.

I don't think much will change with Perry. He's already brought in the worst point guard to start for the Knicks since Chris Duhon.
He probably would've blown that Noah money on a washed up George Hill.
Team Mills
rebound

Postby gradyandrew » February 1, 2018, 9:52 am

Boston_PuppyDawg wrote:As the New York Knicks discuss possible trade scenarios, exiled center Joakim Noah won’t be required to return to the team prior to the Feb. 8 trade deadline, league sources tell ESPN. Noah was sent away after a practice confrontation with Jeff Hornacek on Jan. 24.

Fuck man. I wish I didn't have to go to work again until February 8th.
It’s not the frustration of the fans of us losing, they want to see the dog, they want to see that fight, they want to see that hunger inside of you. - THJ
Management didn't get that memo.
gradyandrew

Postby Don Che » February 1, 2018, 10:52 am

thats a stupid move by us

to get rid of Noah....you gotta give an asset

we dont have many assets

kyle/kanter/willy can atleast get you fair value back

no one will trade for Noah and hes locked for years..so...mind as well play him. Kanter/Kyle have maxed out to the league...trade them to open space. Neither of them are starting/playoff caliber/5 man talent in today's NBA...i love them as locker room guys but....they gotta go
Don Che

Postby taowave » February 1, 2018, 11:01 am

Have to admire ol Phil....

Greg Monroe,Noah,George Hill.... :hammer:

rebound wrote:Noah is a reminder the Knicks owner is a moron who doesn't know how to hire competent people.

I don't think much will change with Perry. He's already brought in the worst point guard to start for the Knicks since Chris Duhon.
He probably would've blown that Noah money on a washed up George Hill.
taowave

Postby dcapodic » February 1, 2018, 11:03 am

Don Che wrote:thats a stupid move by us

to get rid of Noah....you gotta give an asset

we dont have many assets

kyle/kanter/willy can atleast get you fair value back

no one will trade for Noah and hes locked for years..so...mind as well play him. Kanter/Kyle have maxed out to the league...trade them to open space. Neither of them are starting/playoff caliber/5 man talent in today's NBA...i love them as locker room guys but....they gotta go

trade them to open space

Open space for whom? Kanter and Kyle both have skill and both seem like good locker room guys and the Knicks can easily make space if they see a guy they want to sign on a tryout type basis so why just give away assets?
- Thanasis Antetokounmpo spelled backwards is Opmnuokotetna (which is Swahili for Hand Sanitizer). Mr. Glass, circa 2014
dcapodic

Postby Muzhik1 » February 1, 2018, 12:53 pm

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-d ... medium=rss

A league source familiar with the Knicks’ thinking suggested New York may be open to giving up their first-round pick this year to offload Noah without needing to buy him out or carry a monster cap hit. The prevailing thought was the Knicks wouldn’t be bad enough to land one of the gems of the draft class, and with so much youth on the roster now, a one year hit to jettison Noah seems to be at least under consideration.
Muzhik1

Postby taowave » February 1, 2018, 1:04 pm

WTF????????

When will it end???
taowave

Postby H20Knick » February 1, 2018, 1:17 pm

taowave wrote:WTF????????

When will it end???

thats gotta be fake news. we better not be chasing lebron again this summer.

im telling you though. you might think im bitter now, but if we trade our pick because the organization fears KP will walk if we dont do everything to win in the short term.... Irv/RTN will have to drop the banhammer on me
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION

All aboard the Doncic express!
H20Knick

Postby nazrmohamed » February 1, 2018, 1:36 pm

Muzhik1 wrote:http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-daily-inching-closer-to-the-trade-deadline/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss

A league source familiar with the Knicks’ thinking suggested New York may be open to giving up their first-round pick this year to offload Noah without needing to buy him out or carry a monster cap hit. The prevailing thought was the Knicks wouldn’t be bad enough to land one of the gems of the draft class, and with so much youth on the roster now, a one year hit to jettison Noah seems to be at least under consideration.

Somebody get me a defibulator. I think my heart just exploded. If we trade this pick for no other reason than to trade Noah in a year that we aren't going anywhere then I quit folks. It's over.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby spree#8 » February 1, 2018, 1:39 pm

The funny thing is, that Magic Johnson's first deal was exactly that kind of dumb trade. I don't believe for a second that an experienced front office guy like Perry thinks so low of our draft pick. I wonder how much insight these "insiders" have...
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby taowave » February 1, 2018, 1:43 pm

Could be the defacto GM Janis making the calls
taowave

Postby spree#8 » February 1, 2018, 1:45 pm

taowave wrote:Could be the defacto GM Janis making the calls

Eh, no.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby Mr3037 » February 1, 2018, 5:55 pm

Muzhik1 wrote:http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-daily-inching-closer-to-the-trade-deadline/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss

This WOULD be a typical NY move but please God dont let us go down this path.

I get we may have to give up a bit to get rid of him but not our 1st rounder.
NYK Fan since 92
NYKFP Fan since 04

23 years & counting...Bleeding Orange & Blue
Mr3037

Postby Don Che » February 1, 2018, 8:46 pm

I'd lose my mind

but this is why...getting Noah minutes and getting fair value for the other bigs is the way to go.

My exact fear of giving up an asset to offload Noah is EXACTLY what I dont want and dumbest thing the franchise can do.

for immovable objects..you make them work and buy time and hopefully someone bites down the line.

sending him home and giving up an asset is just retarded
Don Che

Postby Mr3037 » February 1, 2018, 9:36 pm

Hmmm I get what you're saying Don but given the reports of the falling out between Horny/Noah we are way past TRYING to make it work.

What SHOULD have happened is we start playing Frank, Doug, Dotson, Burke, Willy & Noah more and work towards the tank. That way our young players get more mins/experience AND Noah gets to play and MAYBE he does well & a team see's some value in him so we can work out a trade. All the while winning isnt a priority so if he sucks it doesnt really hurt our goals.

Given how we are past that, IF we were to trade him what would the most you'd give to get rid of him?
Frank?

Or we let him sit at home til he's ready to NEGOTIATE on a buy-out
NYK Fan since 92
NYKFP Fan since 04

23 years & counting...Bleeding Orange & Blue
Mr3037

Postby Don Che » February 1, 2018, 9:55 pm

sadly if we went that rout....i think we'd win more games lol

but nah im sure if we give noah time...he'll be ok. Noah is signed up for a while.
Don Che

Postby Muzhik1 » February 1, 2018, 9:57 pm

The thing about Noah is that he is not a complete bum. He can still play and contribute.

The best thing they could do is trade KOQ to get him some minutes and play Noah to increase his trade value.
Muzhik1

Postby noypi » February 1, 2018, 10:14 pm

Please not this bs quick fix again! Don't trade our pick just to get rid of Noah. Exile his bum ass. We need a SF and Mikal, Miles and Knox are within reach.

I dunno if there is a team willing to take Noah and our 1st rounder. All I can think of is the Clippers who are suddenly rebuilding, maybe try and grab a young SF like Tobias Harris. But fck I'd rather exile Noah and keep our pick.
“I’m still chasing a championship, I’m just chasing it here in New York,’’ Anthony said. “I’ve come to peace with that. I’m doing it in my own way on my own time.”

http://nypost.com/2015/10/27/greatest-c ... -with-nyc/
noypi

Postby Rusty La Rue » February 2, 2018, 8:23 am

I love the words FAMILIAR and SUGGESTED... Everybody calm down there is shit to this story... And would go against everything Perry has been saying... We are stuck with Noah unless he accepts a buyout... If we trade Noah it will not be before his last contract year...
"Everybody gets excited about youth except the coach, because he knows youth means mistakes, mistakes mean losses, losses means you're fired."
Rusty La Rue

PreviousNext

Return to New York Knicks