Kanter needs to be traded

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: Kanter needs to be traded

Postby cragganmor » February 2, 2018, 12:15 pm

My feelings on Kanter is that he does an adequate job of masking our deficiencies in some areas but not enough to make us a good team. Defensively, he doesn't erase mistakes or alter shots enough. He could also do a better job boxing out. On offense, he doesn't stretch defenses, allows teams to cheat a bit. Even in today's inflated market, his $18m salary is too high for a guy that only plays 25 mpg. You can't play him any more than that as it would expose his weaknesses; not worth the price tag, better to trade him for useful assets like an athletic swing or draft pick.
cragganmor

Postby taowave » February 2, 2018, 12:52 pm

The San Antonio Spurs have interest in trading for Stanley Johnson and Willy Hernangomez.
taowave

Postby thewatcher » February 2, 2018, 1:03 pm

^^he should pack his suitcase. :thumbsup:
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
thewatcher

Postby Don Che » February 2, 2018, 1:14 pm

Trade Willy to the Spurs and trade that asset for Stanley Johnson

we need him more than they do....they are prolly looking to replace Kawhi on the low...smart move by them.
Don Che

Postby taowave » February 2, 2018, 1:51 pm

Rumor has it Gundy wants Rodney Hood..
taowave

Postby Don Che » February 2, 2018, 2:52 pm

Rodney def fits his style...he likes shooters on the wing
Don Che

Postby PistolPete » February 3, 2018, 9:49 am

Kanter's value is at an all-time high right now. Come on Cleveland, pick up the phone.
PistolPete

Postby Don Che » February 3, 2018, 12:18 pm

Doubt Lebron would allow it
Don Che

Postby maxinquaye11 » February 3, 2018, 4:31 pm

Tank mode is on for me and so the Knicks future line up will be without Kanter :

Burke
Ntilikina
THJ
Beasley
Porzingis

We can improve from here. We can add star power from the draft. I say we go with another pg with pf as secondary depending on beasley. Ntilikina to me will not succeed as a pg but as a defensive shooting guard like Shump but better. He has to start. Burke can start because his offense will keep the pick and roll defenders guessing but what a weapon to have as 6th man back up point guard. Thj has played and started as sf before and it will fit the small ball position less line up of today's NBA.

the line-up features a needed vet in Beasley. It also has a defensive player like Frank to lead the defense. Porzingis as the stretch center and pick and roll finisher that will give reliable beasley a lot of room to operate and do damage in the post. All five from pg to center can shoot the ever important long bomb. Get me a Mark Jackson to turn these athletes into bona fide two-way players.

if only we can see coach hornacek do this. He is too scared that it will work out and as a result will only bury him deeper in the blame game. He would rather lose or go don with his prefered lne up than prove somebody else was right all along. Burke a dnp? WTF
 " Stat at 3 was code for Melo playing in the low post..." - n8 the gr8

"I don't ever wanna hear anyone bash max's 2 pg love again." - H20Knick

"Cant lie, he did play better off the bench." - nazrmohammed
maxinquaye11

Postby cragganmor » February 3, 2018, 6:02 pm

we need a banger f in the lineup. not a goon, but someone that can make other teams feel them in the paint, set a hard pick, crash the defensive glass yet quick enough to switch onto guards and stay on front of them.
cragganmor

Postby maxinquaye11 » February 3, 2018, 7:22 pm

^that makes out age limit cut off.

Lets bring in Anthony Bennett a bust reclamation project. The best mentor for him is Beasley. They're meant for each other. it will be interesting. :D

demarcus-o'quinn type talent. If desire is the problem, let the motivational head coach fix it.
 " Stat at 3 was code for Melo playing in the low post..." - n8 the gr8

"I don't ever wanna hear anyone bash max's 2 pg love again." - H20Knick

"Cant lie, he did play better off the bench." - nazrmohammed
maxinquaye11

Postby taowave » February 3, 2018, 10:15 pm

Just read an article saying Anthony Bennet was the laziest guy ever..Got by on size and athleticism in college but dogged it when he got to the NBA..

maxinquaye11 wrote:^that makes out age limit cut off.

Lets bring in Anthony Bennett a bust reclamation project. The best mentor for him is Beasley. They're meant for each other. it will be interesting. :D

demarcus-o'quinn type talent. If desire is the problem, let the motivational head coach fix it.
taowave

Postby Don Che » February 6, 2018, 10:59 am

just a thought, does this issue that we have with centers....knowing how this season goes...do you think it would of been better for the team if we just released Melo?

i mean if he's released...Willy Starts...Kyle and Noah battle it out..we end up in the same boat but atleast we KNOW Willy's value.

Maybe we would be in a better spot morale wise at this point.
Don Che

Postby spree#8 » February 6, 2018, 2:16 pm

Don Che wrote:just a thought, does this issue that we have with centers....knowing how this season goes...do you think it would of been better for the team if we just released Melo?

i mean if he's released...Willy Starts...Kyle and Noah battle it out..we end up in the same boat but atleast we KNOW Willy's value.

Maybe we would be in a better spot morale wise at this point.

That wasn't even an option because his contract wasn't expiring. So, no. Willy has value no matter what, we got two 25 year olds that can play and a high second-round pick. So, no. We are off pretty fine the way we did it. Even if Kanter opts out and we don't resign both him and McDermott, we have more cap room and a high second-round pick. This trade will turn out fine, no matter what. There is still more than enough time for Willy to play (whether it is for us or for another team in the case he nets us another fine asset).
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby Don Che » February 6, 2018, 3:15 pm

see I'm not so sure...we could resign Kanter long term and i dont think thats smart.

Willy was all rookie last year and now requesting a trade..thats not a good sign for morale for your team.

as a draft guy i love the 2nd rounder but things would be much clearer if that trade didnt happen. It just makes the GM's job that much harder. Anyway you slice it theres some good and some bad to this situation..there isnt a way that we all win..its Perry's job to be clear on the organization winning in this situtation but what is truly winning this situation for us? keeping KP happy? remaining competetive on the floor this year? tanking for next? signing another center?

its just not a black or white dilemma theres shades all over it. Getting rid of all the centers might be the smartest choice but is that possible?

one day Kanter is a core guy...another day willy is..our path moving forward is really up in the air right now.

patience is key but its only valueable if you take time to make the right decision and based on Perry's past he hasnt shown any instance that he's made the right choice in these circumstances.
Don Che

Postby nazrmohamed » February 6, 2018, 9:24 pm

maxinquaye11 wrote:Tank mode is on for me and so the Knicks future line up will be without Kanter :

Burke
Ntilikina
THJ
Beasley
Porzingis

We can improve from here. We can add star power from the draft. I say we go with another pg with pf as secondary depending on beasley. Ntilikina to me will not succeed as a pg but as a defensive shooting guard like Shump but better. He has to start. Burke can start because his offense will keep the pick and roll defenders guessing but what a weapon to have as 6th man back up point guard. Thj has played and started as sf before and it will fit the small ball position less line up of today's NBA.

the line-up features a needed vet in Beasley. It also has a defensive player like Frank to lead the defense. Porzingis as the stretch center and pick and roll finisher that will give reliable beasley a lot of room to operate and do damage in the post. All five from pg to center can shoot the ever important long bomb. Get me a Mark Jackson to turn these athletes into bona fide two-way players.

if only we can see coach hornacek do this. He is too scared that it will work out and as a result will only bury him deeper in the blame game. He would rather lose or go don with his prefered lne up than prove somebody else was right all along. Burke a dnp? WTF

I'm not opposed to this. And I think Sexton would be a great pickup in your plan. Dudes an attacker. I'm watching Bledsoe right now and I can see that. He's aggressive and will only get stronger.

I'm not married to one option btw max. A good playmaker anywhere else can get you the same result. Doncic could sure as hell run an offense and he can do it at any position from the 1-3. The Nuggets got a C who nearly runs thier whole offense. But if your determined I'd take Sexton
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby Don Che » February 6, 2018, 11:13 pm

Lonnie Walker >> Sexton
Don Che

Postby big_j_NY » February 6, 2018, 11:19 pm

Don Che wrote:Lonnie Walker >> Sexton

Lonnie Walker is in this year's draft?

I thought he's going for 2019
#EmbraceTheTank2018

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Postby ISIAH_THOMAS » February 7, 2018, 1:39 am

Don Che wrote:Lonnie Walker >> Sexton

Who do you compare lonnie to.. I dont want him anymore unless we get a second lotto pick though
ISIAH_THOMAS

Postby ISIAH_THOMAS » February 7, 2018, 1:44 am

We arent competing for anything soon. Look for a 1st for a team that loses on deandre
ISIAH_THOMAS

Previous

Return to New York Knicks