Are you sure Frank was the guy??

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: Are you sure Frank was the guy??

Postby taowave » February 17, 2018, 11:20 am

That's my major complaint with him,and he can still be good,buy he's going to be more Clyde than Kobe..

He's just built differently ....

Starbury3 wrote:Caught the highlights of the World vs USA All Star Game.

Ntikilina's body language was awful. Barely cheering on the bench, lackadaisical D (understandable in such a game but still Greek Freak D'd up last year!), and the one dunk he had he barely touched rim.

I just want some energy or swagger! Other players were getting highlight dunks, fancy passes and dribbles, getting nice deflections, and actually enjoying themselves. Frank seems lifeless for a weekend that should be fun and carefree. I get it - his team sucks, he's in a slump, KP is out, but still!

Link if anyone wants to see highlights https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ocy24AQprYc
taowave

Postby Starbury3 » February 17, 2018, 7:33 pm

taowave wrote:That's my major complaint with him,and he can still be good,buy he's going to be more Clyde than Kobe..

He's just built differently ....

Good point. Need to change my expectations a bit but still something to be excited for about hopefully.

I guess we were spoiled with some of our recent All Stars and their performances (I think about Nates dunk contest or Hardaway's duel with Waiters) but Frank will come around. Still young.
Starbury3

Postby taowave » February 17, 2018, 9:45 pm

When I see how cautious he is,I definitely have my doubts as well..His D is pretty good and his court vision is good.His athleticism,handle and intensity are question marks.. Hopefully he gets major minutes after the break
taowave

Postby nazrmohamed » February 17, 2018, 10:03 pm

I'd be ecstatic to get a Derreck Harper. Whatever happens, he needs to get strong this off-season. Put on some muscle. Not that I think he really needs to get bigger but I'm telling you. When you believe you are stronger you play stronger.

I'd also like to see him work with somebody on his handle. Isn't there anybody we can call? Steve Francis owes us a favor after stinking it up so bad.

Lastly, maybe bring his family out, give home done home coming
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby gradyandrew » February 18, 2018, 6:34 am

taowave wrote:When I see how cautious he is,I definitely have my doubts as well..His D is pretty good and his court vision is good.His athleticism,handle and intensity are question marks.. Hopefully he gets major minutes after the break

He just needs more strength. I think that's why he struggles on those drives to the hoop, he doesn't have the upper body strength to push through the contact. Unfortunately, I don't think he's going to show much improvement over the rest of the season. He'll have to wait until the off season to work on his strength and shooting.
It’s not the frustration of the fans of us losing, they want to see the dog, they want to see that fight, they want to see that hunger inside of you. - THJ
Management didn't get that memo.
gradyandrew

Postby dcapodic » February 18, 2018, 9:06 am

nazrmohamed wrote:I'd be ecstatic to get a Derreck Harper. Whatever happens, he needs to get strong this off-season. Put on some muscle. Not that I think he really needs to get bigger but I'm telling you. When you believe you are stronger you play stronger.

I'd also like to see him work with somebody on his handle. Isn't there anybody we can call? Steve Francis owes us a favor after stinking it up so bad.

Lastly, maybe bring his family out, give home done home coming

Looks like he is planning on spending most of the summer back in France:

https://nypost.com/2018/02/17/knicks-might-not-love-frank-ntilikinas-offseason-plan/amp/
- Thanasis Antetokounmpo spelled backwards is Opmnuokotetna (which is Swahili for Hand Sanitizer). Mr. Glass, circa 2014
dcapodic

Postby taowave » February 18, 2018, 11:13 am

Im SORRY...

When I was 19,i was in college,AWAY from my family and then I went to basketball camp AWAY from my family....

And guess what, I wasnt being paid millions ....

You want to be great,or you want to eat creme brulee?

WTF is with these soft bastards?? :?
taowave

Postby dcapodic » February 18, 2018, 12:14 pm

taowave wrote:Im SORRY...

When I was 19,i was in college,AWAY from my family and then I went to basketball camp AWAY from my family....

Just wanted to post the article without much comment but the part that kinda makes me wonder:

Most likely the Knicks would send a developmental coach to work with him in France but Ntiliikina indicated the Las Vegas Summer League doesn’t appear in the plans.

Really, a couple of things. Firstly, why would he not want to play in Vegas? It's not like it is the whole summer. Second, why wouldn't the Knicks say, We would really like you to play in the summer league? It mentions that the Knicks have not spoken with him yet about an off-season plan, so I will be curious to see what becomes of that when they do.
- Thanasis Antetokounmpo spelled backwards is Opmnuokotetna (which is Swahili for Hand Sanitizer). Mr. Glass, circa 2014
dcapodic

Postby gradyandrew » February 18, 2018, 12:22 pm

Two words: French Women

Cut the kid some slack, he probably has a list of 20 girls from high school he wants to check up on.
It’s not the frustration of the fans of us losing, they want to see the dog, they want to see that fight, they want to see that hunger inside of you. - THJ
Management didn't get that memo.
gradyandrew

Postby taowave » February 18, 2018, 12:33 pm

Dude,he's a Knick,19 y.o, making millions in NYC and has a French Accent..

Need I say more??

On second thought,maybe he should keep the Knick thing to himself..

gradyandrew wrote:Two words: French Women

Cut the kid some slack, he probably has a list of 20 girls from high school he wants to check up on.
Last edited by taowave on February 18, 2018, 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
taowave

Postby taowave » February 18, 2018, 12:38 pm

I was being overly dramatic,but I honestly find it really bizzare that the Knicks don't dictate what they would like.

I'm assuming players are employees and not consultants.
Seems odd that when the season is over,school is out..

dcapodic wrote:
Just wanted to post the article without much comment but the part that kinda makes me wonder:

Most likely the Knicks would send a developmental coach to work with him in France but Ntiliikina indicated the Las Vegas Summer League doesn’t appear in the plans.

Really, a couple of things. Firstly, why would he not want to play in Vegas? It's not like it is the whole summer. Second, why wouldn't the Knicks say, We would really like you to play in the summer league? It mentions that the Knicks have not spoken with him yet about an off-season plan, so I will be curious to see what becomes of that when they do.
taowave

Postby spree#8 » February 18, 2018, 12:55 pm

Dirk went back to Germany every summer. Just saying.

Summer league should be a duty though before spending time in France.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby taowave » February 18, 2018, 1:30 pm

I wouldn't use the outlier as a formula for success.

Guy needs work..He should get the best training possible

spree#8 wrote:Dirk went back to Germany every summer. Just saying.

Summer league should be a duty though before spending time in France.
taowave

Postby spree#8 » February 18, 2018, 1:47 pm

taowave wrote:I wouldn't use the outlier as a formula for success.

Guy needs work..He should get the best training possible

Yes, but he can do that wherever. A non-story. Especially now when we don't even know how his summer will look like. I'm pretty sure he can't simply skip summer league without good reason (injury etc.).
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby taowave » February 18, 2018, 2:06 pm

Judging by his body,strength and ball handling,he needs to change where he trains

spree#8 wrote:

Yes, but he can do that wherever. A non-story. Especially now when we don't even know how his summer will look like. I'm pretty sure he can't simply skip summer league without good reason (injury etc.).
taowave

Postby Ari_Ingus » February 18, 2018, 3:05 pm

taowave wrote:Im SORRY...

Some people have very strong link with family. Especially if the family have been thru hell in war zones.
Also different people have different priorities.
P.S. im not defending him or anything
Ari_Ingus

Postby rebound » February 18, 2018, 4:56 pm

i agree with tao. france does not seem like the country for athletic development.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_F ... BA_players

gobert is the only guy on this list that has improved physically and hes a big man.

if he spends all summer in france that is not a good look. see chubby willy hernangomez and kevin seraphin.
Team Mills
rebound

Postby taowave » February 18, 2018, 5:43 pm

If you want to spend your summer with your family,go to college and dont turn pro.If you turn pro,make the most of it..Get the best possible training you can,play against the best comp you can.

If I was Frank's agent,I would strongly advise that he makes the most of this opportunity and his God given talent. Mudiay was brought on, Burke was brought on.

Train where the best train.If he develops and becomes a player,he is looking at close to 100 million dollars. You can do ALOT for your family with that kind of money.
taowave

Postby Don Che » February 18, 2018, 5:55 pm

lol you guys are so extra

most of franks issues can be resolved in a gym
Don Che

Postby taowave » February 18, 2018, 5:59 pm

Your statement is so wrong it's scary..

Don Che wrote:lol you guys are so extra

most of franks issues can be resolved in a gym
taowave