12/27/17: New York Knicks @ Chicago Bulls (L 87-92)

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: 12/27/17: New York Knicks @ Chicago Bulls (8:00 pm)

Postby spree#8 » December 28, 2017, 12:22 pm

KRL wrote:No need for fake outrage at every loss, this team needs more talent. This is the first year in
a rebuild that has been long overdue and we are missing pieces, it's that simple:

- We need Hardaway because he's our second scorer, only player who can get his own shot
anytime he wants and looks to fastbreak on every rebound

- We need Ntilikina to become more "Americanized" as a PG in the off-season where he looks
to penetrate at every opportunity

- And most importantly we need that other 6-8 wing who can score, defend and hit the 3

Mix those players in with an improving Porzingis and an enforcer like Kanter and we'll
finally have a big future

Well said.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby gradyandrew » December 28, 2017, 10:24 pm

Koopa Troopa wrote:
You're telling me the guy who signed George Hill to a 20 mill per year deal signed Sessions over Rondo? Whos really surprised by that?
:

Given that Sessions signed for the minimum and Rondo signed for 3 million, the proper comparison is that we signed Baker. I really think the team was going full tank and then Perry fucked it up by signing Jarrett Jack. Without JJ we would be the worst team in the East, probably second after Phoenix in the nba.
It’s not the frustration of the fans of us losing, they want to see the dog, they want to see that fight, they want to see that hunger inside of you. - THJ
Management didn't get that memo.
gradyandrew

Re: 12/27/17: New York Knicks @ Chicago Bulls (L 87-92))

Postby rebound » December 28, 2017, 10:52 pm

Sessions being horrible doesn't make Jack a useful player.

Perry whiffed on BOTH signings.
Team Mills
rebound

Re: 12/27/17: New York Knicks @ Chicago Bulls (L 87-92))

Postby nazrmohamed » December 28, 2017, 11:30 pm

rebound wrote:Sessions being horrible doesn't make Jack a useful player.

Perry whiffed on BOTH signings.

I actually like Jack. He gets people rhythm shots and he were any better Frank wouldn't be getting the minutes he does. I expected to tank. To me there's nothing to fix, no one to fire. I already know what I need to know with this team. I've been ready to focus on the draft. And I'm talking about top 10.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby gradyandrew » January 1, 2018, 1:43 am

Minkaveli wrote:Felt like a game the Knicks would win. Problem was the offense in the last 4:24 where ONE point was scored. Every time down the floor no one would create except for Lee. he did all he could. Since Hardaway has been out the offense has gone in the pooper. The defense has kept the team afloat. The Bulls played last night too and were on a back to back. Knicks still couldn't get it done. Yeah Jack missed the FT but after Lauri got that dunk it felt like it was over. The problem is the PG play. Every time Jack drives in he gets stripped and turns it over. Frank can't hit an open shot and rarely takes it to the basket. KP is taking spinning fall away shots. Having Hardaway makes it easier for everyone. Not to mention Lance and others don't do anything on offense. Lee has really stepped up but has done all he can. It seems like this is going to be the time in the year when the bottom falls out and you look up and you're 5 games under .500. You can feel it coming. Real talk.

And I feel like the major reason was letting frank play the entire quarter. As soon as Jack came in the Knicks scored, there just wasn't enough time. It sucks him missing the first free throw but if he had come in for the last 5 minutes, I'm confident that the Knicks would have won.

Lance's put back dunk is one of the season's highlights. Did not think he had those ups.
It’s not the frustration of the fans of us losing, they want to see the dog, they want to see that fight, they want to see that hunger inside of you. - THJ
Management didn't get that memo.
gradyandrew

Previous

Return to New York Knicks