It's time to start questioning Perry

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

rebound
Likes given: 1141

Kanter trash.
Jack trash.
Sessions trash.

Perry sucks and he his shitty win now signings failed for Sac too.
TOM THIBODEAU'S NEW YORK KNICKS PRESENT:
HEROBALL. A STORY OF THE MID RANGE FADEAWAY JUMPER.
STARRING JALEN BUMSON AND DUBIOUS HANDLES.
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 251

Rebound, I agree in the sense that I wanna tank but aren't you being a little hard on coaches and management in yr one essentially of the post Melo era?

Perry made one real trade where he got back a 25yr old that the fans love, another young product in McDermott. I do feel that signing Jack is more to win now but Frank's gotta learn from somebody. Most teams would look at this roster and consider it a lottery roster so on one end I never understand the guys who bash everything because they have higher expectations, but I also don't understand how you could bash him for a roster that overachiever.

Not to mention we haven't even gotten to the tree deadline. Now if we get there and start seeing trades for 30yr old roll players sold as veteran leadership for a team trying to make the playoffs then yeah, I'm on your side but there's still plenty of time to have a sell off.

Or, to me the best scenario is if this exact team with little to no changes (no matter what we gotta trade a C) continue losing. We get a top 8 pick and simply add him to what we got and have a do over next year.
Don Che
Likes given: 9

to keep it simple...Perry traded Melo for a 25 year old that gets double doubles in his sleep

i may not want kanter moving forward but its more because of the make up of the team not because of kanter himself.

if he has the guts to do whats right even if it pisses ppl off...i'll trust him a lot more.

this group of players get along u can really tell but its obv on a athletic/talent level..they arent there. We all knew it coming in but its how we carve things out moving forward is how ill judge Perry.
rebound

Kanter is 100% a bench big that is significantly overpaid. He's not putting up meaningful results against most starters.
Don Che

rebound wrote:Kanter is 100% a bench big that is significantly overpaid. He's not putting up meaningful results against most starters.
i agree...but we can both agree that its the best deal we could of gotten.

we just gotta let the contract guys play as much as they can....trade them at the deadline or let them get numbers to warrant an opt out and let them go.

either way its not like we were in the driving seat on a melo deal...i feel perry got the best deal possible at that time.
spree#8
Likes given: 547

Trashing a team that was expected to play like trash is trash.
#knickstape
rebound

Perfectly reasonable to trash a team for being trash when the management decides to sign and play washed up veterans significant minutes. But just keep pretending silver spoon Dolan, who inherited a monopoly, is going to one day wake up with the business acumen to hire competent executives to run this team. I'm basing this pessimistic outlook on Perry's body of work.
Dolan makes PR moves not basketball moves. He hired Isiah and Jackson because of their names. Walsh was his best hire but he already had one foot out the door before he got here, and he couldn't keep Dolan from gutting the team for a couple of big names.
There's no reason outside of extreme incompetence for the Knicks to have entered the regular season with both sessions and jack over a prospect like burke.

Perry seems like another PR move meant to scurry away from the disaster that was the Phil Jackson era. So far he's done jack shit as GM, for the Kings and the Knicks.
I'll back off when this team isn't getting clowned by much younger teams. I'm sure plenty of long time fans feel the same way but have decided to fully opt out of this season or the Knicks entirely. Look how dead this forum is. There is no hope. there is no future. people don't excited for bad teams when the only starter with any potential is KP. the bench is just a bunch of journeymen and a rookie who is being shuttered for a 1 year deal 30 something year old that wouldn't be in the league otherwise.
Leave it to the Knicks to continuously suck with veteran players while other teams at least develop their youth during lottery years. Doesn't matter; most of you will continue to support this garbage product.
spree#8

It was Burke's decision to play in the G-league, because he wanted to build up his confidence again instead of being a back-up behind a guy like Westbrook. We just signed him at the end of training camp, so we were the ones building him up in the G-league instead of someone else, gaining his rights for the G-League with that move (a very fine move by Perry). Great, that we use our affiliate to develop players. Once we sign Burke, we have 11 players 25 or under among our 17 players.

All 15 guys we have on the active roster are doing their job just fine, so there is no reason to be mad about the roster. BTW: since when are we mad about a team overachieving? Since when are we mad about a coach playing the best players as long as we are in striking distance of the playoffs? Since when are minimum signings of vets you need around your young guys something bad? Since when is trying to get something out of the money the franchise invested in players something bad?

If we start losing, playing time for the youngsters will go up - as it should be. If we instead make the playoffs, that would be great for the development of KP and company. So far the new management is doing pretty fine. Also funny that you think, that signing a guy no one even knew before this year in NY is a PR move. If you thought a team with KP in his third year could "compete" for the first pick in the draft, that is delusional. Won't and shouldn't happen. I'm all for choosing when to lose and have preached it often, when the time is right, but in the Eastern Conference there are probably ten teams with a worse best player to go forward with - pay attention: to go forward with for the next years, not right now - (ATL, CHI, ORL, BRK, CHA, IND, DET, MIA, WAS, TOR) so that basically throws real tanking out of the window, not even talking about a guy like KP getting ready to bolt if you tank from the start in his third year, showing no will to build a winning culture. If you tried and fail - which is the likeliest scenario this year - you at least took a step to build on.

But whatever. I'm a pretty old-time Knicks fan and I'm mad excited. If you don't, you don't. Perry hasn't done even one bad move so far for the Knicks and if you knew me a little, I'm the first to call GMs out on their bullshit. Maybe I join you if Perry starts to make mistakes. Which for us Knicks fans wouldn't be anything we would be surprised about. But until then, there is nothing to question Perry about and trashing the team for no reason remains trash.
#knickstape
Don Che

spree#8 wrote:It was Burke's decision to play in the G-league, because he wanted to build up his confidence again instead of being a back-up behind a guy like Westbrook. We just signed him at the end of training camp, so we were the ones building him up in the G-league instead of someone else, gaining his rights for the G-League with that move (a very fine move by Perry). Great, that we use our affiliate to develop players. Once we sign Burke, we have 11 players 25 or under among our 17 players.

All 15 guys we have on the active roster are doing their job just fine, so there is no reason to be mad about the roster. BTW: since when are we mad about a team overachieving? Since when are we mad about a coach playing the best players as long as we are in striking distance of the playoffs? Since when are minimum signings of vets you need around your young guys something bad? Since when is trying to get something out of the money the franchise invested in players something bad?

If we start losing, playing time for the youngsters will go up - as it should be. If we instead make the playoffs, that would be great for the development of KP and company. So far the new management is doing pretty fine. Also funny that you think, that signing a guy no one even knew before this year in NY is a PR move. If you thought a team with KP in his third year could "compete" for the first pick in the draft, that is delusional. Won't and shouldn't happen. I'm all for choosing when to lose and have preached it often, when the time is right, but in the Eastern Conference there are probably ten teams with a worse best player to go forward with - pay attention: to go forward with for the next years, not right now - (ATL, CHI, ORL, BRK, CHA, IND, DET, MIA, WAS, TOR) so that basically throws real tanking out of the window, not even talking about a guy like KP getting ready to bolt if you tank from the start in his third year, showing no will to build a winning culture. If you tried and fail - which is the likeliest scenario this year - you at least took a step to build on.

But whatever. I'm a pretty old-time Knicks fan and I'm mad excited. If you don't, you don't. Perry hasn't done even one bad move so far for the Knicks and if you knew me a little, I'm the first to call GMs out on their bullshit. Maybe I join you if Perry starts to make mistakes. Which for us Knicks fans wouldn't be anything we would be surprised about. But until then, there is nothing to question Perry about and trashing the team for no reason remains trash.
Yup

my judgement will start with the Kanter situation/the lottery pick we are getting/Kyle situation

so far we traded melo for a good offer
Burke can be a good find
multiple players are having career years
Frank is developing well
Minkaveli
Likes given: 175

At least he didn't sign Dion Waiters.....
No longer sick and tired that Kurt wasn't hired.
KRL
Likes given: 0

spree#8 wrote:It was Burke's decision to play in the G-league, because he wanted to build up his confidence again instead of being a back-up behind a guy like Westbrook. We just signed him at the end of training camp, so we were the ones building him up in the G-league instead of someone else, gaining his rights for the G-League with that move (a very fine move by Perry). Great, that we use our affiliate to develop players. Once we sign Burke, we have 11 players 25 or under among our 17 players.

Nothing but wisdom here!!!
Rusty La Rue
Likes given: 814

rebound wrote:Kanter trash.
Jack trash.
Sessions trash.

Perry sucks and he his shitty win now signings failed for Sac too.
You are just trying to hard to be negative :? So playing Jack as a starter in a win now move??? That make absolutely no sense... So playing the with the probably worst PG starter in the entire league is win now??? Jack is meant as a mentor to Ntilikina which makes perfect sense in a rebuild.

And Kanter is trash... Probably one of the best offensive rebounders in the league... great scorer down low... and one og the best free throw shooting bigs in the league... Yeah his D isn't perfect... But you wouldn't be getting Anthony Davis for Melo anytime soon...

You might be right on Sessions though ;)
2023 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
"Everybody gets excited about youth except the coach, because he knows youth means mistakes, mistakes mean losses, losses means you're fired."
StevoStarks

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
rebound

phil assembled a dumpster of a roster and perry somehow managed to make it stinkier. :laugh:
taowave
Likes given: 844

Rumor has it Sac wants to move on from George Hill. If not for Perry , George Hill would be in the Blu and orange for the next 3 years..

Looks like there is a bball God ..
Don Che

i can't say perry made this roster worse
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 251

rebound wrote:phil assembled a dumpster of a roster and perry somehow managed to make it stinkier. :laugh:
He pretty much just got here and hasn't made any moves besides losing Melo for Kanter and McDermott. Let him work. Next few weeks will tell us a lot though
spree#8

taowave wrote:Rumor has it Sac wants to move on from George Hill. If not for Perry , George Hill would be in the Blu and orange for the next 3 years..

Looks like there is a bball God ..
Hill has only one more guaranteed year, so it's not really such a biggie all you guys make it to be. That's why he likely will easily traded (Cavs are the frontrunners right now). Not a Noah deal Phil left us with.
#knickstape
Koopa Troopa
Likes given: 0

Imagine trading for George Hill. :tomatoes: :tomatoes:

If the Cavs do that LeBron is 1000 percent gone. Why would anyone want to pay a back up point guard that much?

Speaking of that....wouldnt be that surprised if the Knicks somehow end up doing it considering Perry was the fool to give him that deal :drunk:
Don Che

Koopa Troopa wrote:Imagine trading for George Hill. :tomatoes: :tomatoes:

If the Cavs do that LeBron is 1000 percent gone. Why would anyone want to pay a back up point guard that much?

Speaking of that....wouldnt be that surprised if the Knicks somehow end up doing it considering Perry was the fool to give him that deal :drunk:
id lose it