11/22/17: New York Knicks vs. Toronto Raptors (W 108-100)

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

maxinquaye11
Likes given: 6

Reason why Courtney woke up in the third

EXPLICIT

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-knick ... st-toronto
 " Stat at 3 was code for Melo playing in the low post..." - n8 the gr8

"I don't ever wanna hear anyone bash max's 2 pg love again." - H20Knick

"Cant lie, he did play better off the bench." - nazrmohammed
thewatcher
Likes given: 2624

Good find Max!! Hornaceck on track for Coach of the Year!! challenged them, and look how they responded!! :clap: Also no more Lee hate, he's a keeper, dude is ballin!! the freaking glue that keeps it together!
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
Ari_Ingus
Likes given: 0

NewlyKnicked wrote:The 28-0 run was the largest in the NBA in eight seasons, and the plus-31 margin was the Knicks' biggest in a quarter in the shot-clock era (since 1954-55)
Thank you :) you have good knowledge or good knowledge how to use google :) I appreciate it
Mr. Glass
Likes given: 62

Mr. Glass wrote:I'm calling it a win for us tonight:

- Shooting % will be low for Raptors.
- Better rebounding by our bigs.
- The Garden crowd will be on fire!

Knicks 111 Raptors 102
Okay, 8 point win instead of 9 but the crowd WAS nuts in the third. Last night's win smelled like turkey.
"I used to think drinking was bad for me, so I stopped thinking."

- Unknown
NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 160

Ari_Ingus wrote:Thank you :) you have good knowledge or good knowledge how to use google :) I appreciate it
Wish I could say it's the former, but yeah google ;)
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

What would you consider a fair offer??
I'm looking for first rounders. Thatll never change.
Ari_Ingus

nazrmohamed wrote:I'm looking for first rounders. Thatll never change.
But why ? Even first rounder can be a bust. Kanter is young, good heart, hard worker, good attitude, last night his defence was good. Scores, rebounds, good teammate. What is that you are looking in first rounder different?
NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 160

Just saw that this also was the worst quarter in Toronto's history :LOL:

In your smug face, CJ
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
nick78

Great win, I do have to say I sense a tad of jealousy coming from KP in regards to Tim: "he missed me a couple times", "The way they focused on me opened up things for him". Tim said "gotta keep the big fella happy". You know KP embraces being the man so have to monitor how he feels if Tim steals his thunder a bit.
Don Che
Likes given: 9

Jeff deserves a lot of credit on how we are playing right now.

part of me thinks that this is mainly because of the schedule but another part of me thinks that the first thing a playoff team does is defend home court and win 50/50 games on the road. Our road record is weak but its still early. We gotta start taking the war to other ppls arena's
spree#8
Likes given: 540

Rewatched the second half. That was fun! 4th quarter turned into another test, but this time we passed.
#knickstape
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

Happy to see us gather our confidence early in the season, but Don is right; January is gonna have a brutal stretch of road games. I guess that'll be a true test of how much we've progressed. We certainly can't give up soft 1st halves and expect to mount a furious comeback consistently.
Stressin

The last time i seen the Knicks come-out after halftime with a lock-down DEFENSE from the starters lineup, we had coach Pat Riley or we had coach Red Holzman as our head coach .. Now that was OLD SKHOOL B.Ball 100% the Defense making a outstanding offense!
Our Starter lineup gets much big PROPS praise from me n all Knicks Fans for their Relentless Team DEFENSE STOPS at the start to the end of the 3rd quarter (41-10 quarter) Remarkable Performance in the NBA vs a contender team!
The defensive leadership n skills we were expecting to get from SG Courtney Lee showed up big time ..
The defensive switching by center Kanter was something we nor OKC knew Kanter had in his skills ..
And Tim Hardaway Jr. 2-way all-star performance was off the charts of expect the unexpected ..
Jack n KP played their team winning-role on both ends of the court as a Same-Page Team ..
Head coach Jeff Hornacek gets a A+ grade for the Knicks starter lineup outstanding 2nd half performance !!!
GO Knicks GO !!!
cheftom
Likes given: 3

nick78 wrote:Great win, I do have to say I sense a tad of jealousy coming from KP in regards to Tim: "he missed me a couple times", "The way they focused on me opened up things for him". Tim said "gotta keep the big fella happy". You know KP embraces being the man so have to monitor how he feels if Tim steals his thunder a bit.
I heard that, too, but there was a gleam in his eye and a bit of a smile that lead me to believe that he was joking.

There is certainly room at the Garden for two star players.
Overly optimistic about the Knicks since 1974