11/17/17: New York Knicks @ Toronto Raptors (7:30 pm)

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

rtn393
Global Moderator
Likes given: 0

Please post all pre-game predictions, in-game observations, and post-game analysis in this thread, but start separate threads for topics not directly related to the game.

ImageImage

PROJECTED STARTERS

PG: Jarrett Jack vs. Kyle Lowry
SG: Tim Hardaway Jr. vs. DeMar DeRozan
SF: Courtney Lee vs. OG Anunoby
PF: Kristaps Porzingis vs. Serge Ibaka
C: Enes Kanter vs. Jonas Valanciunas

ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImage
KnicksRUs

W
"I hate them" - Stugotz
NYGM
Likes given: 473

Not an easy game..

Getting more difficult each time..
Ari_Ingus

eithers KP will have a good/excellent game and it will be win/easy win. If KP will "struggle" (is 24+ points really a struggle? :D ) or it will be a lost game, I dont see how else we could win.
NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 160

Interesting matchups:
- can THJ defend DeMar or will we switch to put Lee on his case? Onunoby doesn't feel like much of a threat offensively
- JV is a big question mark thus far in the season. He's on and then completely off, getting a thrillion touches and then none. I think KOQ could be a pain in his ass as Jonas likes to stick to the paint so much in D. However, JV defended Cousins pretty well twice, so... I really don't know what to expect from this guy anymore.
- Ibaka can be a tough matchup for anyone. He played really nice defense against Davis in their 2 encounters (18.5 ppg below 50% which is disastrous for unibrow). However he isn't used that much in offense.
- I'd put Frank asap against Lowry. I'm not saying he'll shut him down, but he needs to see what defending an elite PG looks like for real. So far, apart from Kemba (Harden being a special case imo), he hasn't been much against All-Star caliber PG as he pratically didn't played against OKC for the opener

If I had to bet money on it, I'd have to say it's gonna be a L. We're just not there yet, but this team has been anythign but surprising so far so why not?

Go Knicks!!!
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
Mr. Glass
Likes given: 62

All I want to see is perimeter defense. Defend jump shots, funnel their guards into the paint where we're stronger, and don't turn the ball over!
"I used to think drinking was bad for me, so I stopped thinking."

- Unknown
rebound
Likes given: 1104

miles and lowry are high volume 3 pt shooters. hopefully the defense doesnt give them open shots.
TOM THIBODEAU'S NEW YORK KNICKS PRESENT:
HEROBALL. A STORY OF THE MID RANGE FADEAWAY JUMPER.
STARRING JALEN BUMSON AND DUBIOUS HANDLES.
spree#8
Likes given: 540

Tough team to beat on their homecourt, huge test. I expect a L, but would be so satisfied if Lowry/DeRozan look like in their early playoff experiences throwing brick after brick. :happy:
#knickstape
Nononsense

A Knick win and a Wizards loss tonight would give us the third best record in the East, tied with the Raptors & the Wizards. :popcorn:
thewatcher
Likes given: 2608

Very exciting game, see where we're at. Tim and lee vs deRozan going to be really interesting.I really like playing with 3 guards, Sf's can't keep up with Tim, our whole team is fast.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
Stressin

This is the opponent where we will have to share the scoring so everyone in the rotation scores, KP n THJ will have to get some dimes by passing the ball or force up a lot of shots vs Toronto.
thewatcher
Likes given: 2608

KP has to become a more prolific passer to reach his true potential ; Tim patience is still imperfect, but it's improving every game; he just seems faster than the guys who guard him.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
Laborant

They shut down AD and Boogie last game. If KP cant put up 35+ with 50+% shooting we have no chance.
NewlyKnicked

Ibaka is GTD with a swollen knee
Laborant

thewatcher wrote:KP has to become a more prolific passer to reach his true potential ; Tim patience is still imperfect, but it's improving every game; he just seems faster than the guys who guard him.
This. He has to get to 3-4 dimes avg.
Stressin

Laborant wrote:They shut down AD and Boogie last game. If KP cant put up 35+ with 50+% shooting we have no chance.

If AD n Boogie had a hard time .. KP n Kanter will have to work hard for their points .. it would be nice if Ibaka miss this game but I doubt it
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1123

thewatcher wrote:KP has to become a more prolific passer to reach his true potential ; Tim patience is still imperfect, but it's improving every game; he just seems faster than the guys who guard him.
Co-sign, this is the next step that most young big men take in order to reach the elite level of HOF big men.

Shaq, Hakeem, Ewing, Kareem, even Wilt and Russell, AND most recently KG and Tim Duncan, their greatest success for their teams came whenever they facilitated the offense from the post area with terrific passing.

That is now Porzingis's next step b/c it is quite clear that he has shown he can score the ball from the post area already DESPITE the criticisms in his previous years of his career.
NewlyKnicked

Ibaka OUT
NewlyKnicked

Let's go Knicks