Kemba 2019!

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Kemba 2019!

Postby ISIAH_THOMAS » November 16, 2017, 12:50 am

So in 2019 kemba is a free agent and he's from the Bronx. Went to rice high school. I think the Knicks can get him. Him and KP would be great pic!k and pop. Frank can be a Batum type player. I don't think the hornets have a bright future. Bring kemba home!

He will be 29 than so maybe a 3 year deal
Last edited by ISIAH_THOMAS on November 16, 2017, 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
TAKE THAT FOR DATA
ISIAH_THOMAS

Re: Kemba 2019!

Postby rebound » November 16, 2017, 12:51 am

2 years from now? i cant think that far ahead. but i'll say kemba is a really fun player that would be great off the bench.

timmy is a sg forced to play sf with lee.
Team Mills
rebound

Postby ISIAH_THOMAS » November 16, 2017, 12:52 am

rebound wrote:2 years from now? i cant think that far ahead. but i'll say kemba is a really fun player that would be great off the bench.

timmy is a sg forced to play sf with lee.

Why would kemba come off the bench? He is an all star pg
TAKE THAT FOR DATA
ISIAH_THOMAS

Postby rebound » November 16, 2017, 12:56 am

because the knicks backcourt is set for the next 4 years. unless you want timmy or frank playing out of position.
Team Mills
rebound

Postby ISIAH_THOMAS » November 16, 2017, 12:58 am

Frank will be able to play small forward
TAKE THAT FOR DATA
ISIAH_THOMAS

Postby Koopa Troopa » November 16, 2017, 2:10 am

rebound wrote:because the knicks backcourt is set for the next 4 years. unless you want timmy or frank playing out of position.

This is crazy talk. PG is still the Knicks worst position. Frank has shown he can defend and has decent BBall IQ, a decent 3 point shot... but little else. Not even glimpses of anything. Kemba is an elite PG in the NBA.
Koopa Troopa

Postby nazrmohamed » November 16, 2017, 8:03 am

He's an elite scorer who's short enough to be placed at the pg position. Frank is WAY more of a pg than Kemba.

But see folks. This is what happens when you go anti tank. Little by little it seeps in and now we're talking about 5'11 29yr old scoring guards as the answer. You asked for this.

A rebuilding team can still look at free agents but follow the rules. No newcomers over the age of 25. Hardaway fit that rule when we signed him. When we traded for Kanter, we followed that rule. WTF do the Knicks want with a 29yr old PG whose not an elite passer :?

It's not like you can even get me with that Steve Nash factor where it's a smart traditional elder pg and a team full of young studs to catch his passes. We're talking about a guy with one skill. Elite but again, he's 27 now and let's stop pretending Kemba was anything until 3 yrs into the league. And guys wanna talk about Fra no at 19. At this rate he could take a year off and still be on schedule.

JUST WAIT IT OUT FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE KNICK FANS. We had permission to suck folks.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby Koopa Troopa » November 16, 2017, 8:14 am

nazrmohamed wrote:He's an elite scorer who's short enough to be placed at the pg position. Frank is WAY more of a pg than Kemba.

But see folks. This is what happens when you go anti tank. Little by little it seeps in and now we're talking about 5'11 29yr old scoring guards as the answer. You asked for this.

What tank? The east is pretty bad this year, the Knicks might make the playoffs. :?

You are telling me that in two years you are still looking to lose? Try selling that to KP.

Knicks: "Sorry KP, we wont sign any star players this offseason, we want to suck longer, its ok, you are only 24!"

KP: "OK I sign 5 year deal with the Bucks" :thumbsup:
Koopa Troopa

Postby Rusty La Rue » November 16, 2017, 9:16 am

Why are we talking about 2019 and Kemba Walker??? let us take one season and off-season at a time... Who knows what we need in 2019 it might be a PG but who knows...
"Everybody gets excited about youth except the coach, because he knows youth means mistakes, mistakes mean losses, losses means you're fired."
Rusty La Rue

Postby Championship 16/17 » November 16, 2017, 12:10 pm

Hello NO, Frank is the future starter.
Championship 16/17

Postby nazrmohamed » November 16, 2017, 1:37 pm

Koops, I never said tank in two years. I said or implied tank today, this year, 2017. Look I'm proud of what these guys are doing but face it. We're starting a 30 something year old point guard, we start a 32 yr old SG and give heavy minutes to Oquinn. Meanwhile WHG can't get off the bench.

Now I can get all that if the alterior motive was to win some games, raise the value of these vets who will now be seen by contenders as good plug ins and ultimately show themselves to be trade assets to be sold off to the highest bidder.

BUT THAT HAS TO BE THIER ONLY USE.

If not you're being suckered in yet again to some win now mantra which will leave us devoid of players who will grow alongside of Porzingis for the next decade. And if you don't feel the same then we might as well dust Noah off and start him too.

And again, Knicks fans can't help themselves. First sign of a little success and they ready to sign guys who should've been Knicks at 25, rather than 29. And that's what kills me. I left the door open to sign a guy like Hardaway in FA, to trade for a guy like Kanter. Guys on the rise. Kemba Walker isnt being pitched for signing today, hes being pitched for when he's past his prime.

If you wanna come at me with a free agency plan, talk to me about guys drafted in KPs draft class who we can steal away. I want the Bookers, the Mudaiys, the Steins. Young players who themselves will be vets in 2019
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby Don Che » November 16, 2017, 2:44 pm

i usally hate when ppl go into a thread just to sh*t on it but due to how things are for us...figure i break my rule.

I'm having too much fun watching this team this split second to even think about Kemba in 2019.

only dream i can think of in the future is KP being top 5 in MVP voting...we make the playoffs....and PG signs with us the first week in July.....who is 27 right now.
Don Che

Postby big_j_NY » November 16, 2017, 2:50 pm

nazrmohamed wrote:Koops, I never said tank in two years. I said or implied tank today, this year, 2017. Look I'm proud of what these guys are doing but face it. We're starting a 30 something year old point guard, we start a 32 yr old SG and give heavy minutes to Oquinn. Meanwhile WHG can't get off the bench.

Now I can get all that if the alterior motive was to win some games, raise the value of these vets who will now be seen by contenders as good plug ins and ultimately show themselves to be trade assets to be sold off to the highest bidder.

If not you're being suckered in yet again to some win now mantra which will leave us devoid of players who will grow alongside of Porzingis for the next decade. And if you don't feel the same then we might as well dust Noah off and start him too.

And again, Knicks fans can't help themselves. First sign of a little success and they ready to sign guys who should've been Knicks at 25, rather than 29. And that's what kills me. I left the door open to sign a guy like Hardaway in FA, to trade for a guy like Kanter. Guys on the rise. Kemba Walker isnt being pitched for signing today, hes being pitched for when he's past his prime.

If you wanna come at me with a free agency plan, talk to me about guys drafted in KPs draft class who we can steal away. I want the Bookers, the Mudaiys, the Steins. Young players who themselves will be vets in 2019

:clap: :clap: :clap:
#EmbraceTheTank2019

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Postby cragganmor » November 16, 2017, 3:04 pm

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Kemba doesn't fit with the avg age of our core players: kp, THJ and frank. Let frank grow into the PG role, he'll get there soon enough, he fits in perfectly. We have other needs to address than scoring from the 1.
cragganmor

Postby Koopa Troopa » November 16, 2017, 4:09 pm

nazrmohamed wrote:Koops, I never said tank in two years. I said or implied tank today, this year, 2017. Look I'm proud of what these guys are doing but face it. We're starting a 30 something year old point guard, we start a 32 yr old SG and give heavy minutes to Oquinn. Meanwhile WHG can't get off the bench.

I get that but I dont think the hypothetical of signing a 29 year old is a bad idea. Thats his prime. Who knows how good KP will be in 2 years. By then he could be really great and the team could just be a Kemba Walker away, who knows. If KP does become truly great then there is no reason to not look to sign a star if thats the missing piece. If a younger star is available it just depends on what is better for the team at the time. If the signing wont make them a contender then sure, go for a younger star to develop with KP. Or if the younger guy is just better period then of course. But I dont think you necessarily need guys that are right in the same age group, gotta keep your options open depending on the situation. Anyway its all hypothetical......who knows what the deal will be.
Koopa Troopa

Postby knicksH20 » November 16, 2017, 5:56 pm

Koopa Troopa wrote:This is crazy talk. PG is still the Knicks worst position. Frank has shown he can defend and has decent BBall IQ, a decent 3 point shot... but little else. Not even glimpses of anything. Kemba is an elite PG in the NBA.

I'd rather have a strong defender and high IQ pg than a scorer like marbury or whatever.

We have scorers already.
One Team. One New York.

Jamal Crawford
His Crawfulness!
knicksH20

Postby ISIAH_THOMAS » November 17, 2017, 11:39 pm

Kema just dropped 47 and they lost to the bulls. Kemba gone
TAKE THAT FOR DATA
ISIAH_THOMAS

Postby nazrmohamed » November 18, 2017, 1:02 am

Back in the day the obvious answer would've been that him dropping 47 is probably the reason they lost. He's a point guard. Pass
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby spree#8 » November 18, 2017, 6:19 am

I worry about free agency 2019 in 2019 if we are even players in the market then. KP extension coming into play...
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby Koopa Troopa » November 18, 2017, 1:43 pm

nazrmohamed wrote:Back in the day the obvious answer would've been that him dropping 47 is probably the reason they lost. He's a point guard. Pass

Back in the day you could use your hands to defend at the 3pt line. Now you better not touch anyone. Elite PG's are unstoppable in the PnR with the rules of today. 90 percent of championship teams from the last 2 decades had one.
Koopa Troopa

Next

Return to New York Knicks