Poll!: How many games will the knicks win?

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

How many games will the Knicks win?

Poll ended at October 13th, 2017, 8:03 pm

45+
6%
37-44
16%
29-36
19%
21-28
42%
<21
16%

Total votes: 31
starks4coach
Likes given: 0

Welcometonycity wrote:41
Cosign
"No power in the verse can stop me"
-- River
knicksH20
Likes given: 6

see you in 2018-19
One Team. One New York.

Jamal Crawford
His Crawfulness!
spree#8
Likes given: 547

knicksH20 wrote:see you in 2018-19
You should watch some games with the young guys. Ntilikina, Hardaway, Porzingis, Hernangomez and now Kanter could provide some really fun games.
#knickstape
Koopa Troopa

spree#8 wrote:
You should watch some games with the young guys. Ntilikina, Hardaway, Porzingis, Hernangomez and now Kanter could provide some really fun games.
Nah Im good. Ill watch something else... Not giving Dolan the ratings.
knicksH20

spree#8 wrote:
This is the worst and most boring tagline ever. :'(
One Team. One New York.

Jamal Crawford
His Crawfulness!
spree#8
Likes given: 547

spree#8 wrote:
knicksH20 wrote: This is the worst and most boring tagline ever. :'(
Nah, we are finally rebuilding, which is something we should've done as early as 2004, so I am excited. But to each his own. If you are not ready to watch guys develop and not caring too much about how many games we win is no option for you, this indeed might not be your season. KP coming into his own and making his first all-star team might be worth it though. Just saying.
#knickstape
n8 the gr8
Likes given: 167

spree#8 wrote:You should watch some games with the young guys. Ntilikina, Hardaway, Porzingis, Hernangomez and now Kanter could provide some really fun games.
It will be the same people that are always watching games in the spring after the season has taken a turn for the worst. Just to see the young guys that might be around next season.
:?
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

"Throw Payton out and get it over with. I'm getting hungry."
~Clyde
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

Watching a rebuild isn't actually fun, i don't think. Maybe if we had some exciting guards, it could be fun to watch to some extent, but theres nothing actually fun about this roster to me. I embrace the rebuild because it should eventually produce success, but I can't pretend that im going to even watch half our games this year. I'll spend most of my time scouting college bball like I did the year melo got hurt, so you'll find me in the draft section for most of the season. If I were local, my opinion might be different, but I'm definitely not paying for league pass to watch that shitshow of a roster we have

with that said, knicksh20, they're playing preseason against the wizkids in dc friday after next. are you going?
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1127

H20Knick wrote:Watching a rebuild isn't actually fun, i don't think. Maybe if we had some exciting guards, it could be fun to watch to some extent, but theres nothing actually fun about this roster to me. I embrace the rebuild because it should eventually produce success, but I can't pretend that im going to even watch half our games this year. I'll spend most of my time scouting college bball like I did the year melo got hurt, so you'll find me in the draft section for most of the season. If I were local, my opinion might be different, but I'm definitely not paying for league pass to watch that shitshow of a roster we have

with that said, knicksh20, they're playing preseason against the wizkids in dc friday after next. are you going?
Watching rebuilds are never fun to watch..........which is why this Knicks fanbase always push Dolan and Knicks management for "quick-fix roster transactions" all the time.

Now we all have to suck it up.......you don't have to watch, but we cannot force anymore "quick-fix" trades or free agent signings. Let us pray our young guys can must some wins, and just pray for a great draft pick when these young guys fail to get wins.
Don Che
Likes given: 9

i disagree with this....the media pushes for win now...knicks management say win now.

since Ewing was done....knicks fans wanted to rebuild but the media is louder than the fanbase.

I'm hype to watch this year. And if a team with KP/Frank/Willy/Tim/Baker/Kanter getting major minutes and we get over 40 wins.....that is a huge step forward.

We've had teams with more talent/veterans win 30 games...why wouldnt i be hype to see a young team get 40.

I just wish we have a log jam at the 4/3 spots instead of 5/4 but otherwise I'm good. Lets see what they can do.

way i see it...we have already seen the worst things can be.

Nothing...NOTHING was worse than seeing us win 23 games and not get a pick back....and that happened twice lol

I dont have a win total of success...im looking more at a style of play and effort level. I want us getting after it and when KP misses an assignment..i was Jeff to keep it 100% and bench his ass.
knicksH20

H20Knick wrote:Watching a rebuild isn't actually fun, i don't think. Maybe if we had some exciting guards, it could be fun to watch to some extent, but theres nothing actually fun about this roster to me. I embrace the rebuild because it should eventually produce success, but I can't pretend that im going to even watch half our games this year. I'll spend most of my time scouting college bball like I did the year melo got hurt, so you'll find me in the draft section for most of the season. If I were local, my opinion might be different, but I'm definitely not paying for league pass to watch that shitshow of a roster we have

:( i moved to boston.

i hate boston sports fans.

:'(
One Team. One New York.

Jamal Crawford
His Crawfulness!
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

knicksH20 wrote:
:( i moved to boston.

damnnnnnnnnnnnn. my sincerest condolences
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1127

knicksH20 wrote: :( i moved to boston.

mbn007
Likes given: 469

30-32. Unless the young guys get up to speed real quick, and Coach shows a system that fits this group.
rebound
Likes given: 1141

:warp:
TOM THIBODEAU'S NEW YORK KNICKS PRESENT:
HEROBALL. A STORY OF THE MID RANGE FADEAWAY JUMPER.
STARRING JALEN BUMSON AND DUBIOUS HANDLES.
gradyandrew

2017-18 Knicks Preview
Roster:
Players Gone: Melo, Ndour, Plumlee, Rose, Randle, Sasha, Jennings, Holiday
NewComers: Beasley, Kanter, Frank, McD, THJ, Sessions, Jack, Dotson
Holdovers: KP, WH, Joakim, KOQ, Thomas, Kuz, Baker, Lee

Rotation:
Guards: Frank, Jack, Sessions, Baker
Wings: THJ, Lee, Beasley, Kuz, Thomas, McD, Dotson
Bigs: KP, Kanter, Noah, Willy, KOQ

Outlook
It is safe to say that the Melo trade has revitalized the Knicks franchise. Kanter has shown every sign over his career that when given playing time he is able to score. That will replace some of what Melo had been providing. More to the point, the Knicks are now KPs team, and this will be a make or break year for him to see if he is up to the challenge. The biggest question more than wins and losses will be how does KP handle the pressure of being the man and can he remain healthy over the course of the season. If there is another flare up with coach or a 10 game stretch missed because of knee issues, the Knicks could then adjust their game plan and see if there is another player better worth building around, like Kanter, or just try to make it in the draft.

Position Breakdown
Guard: The Knicks completely overhauled their guard rotation, replacing Rose with Frank, Ramon, and Jack. Baker comes back as well. While Rose was electrifying getting to the hoop on the break, he  was never able to get the Knicks offense into much of a groove with easy baskets. Ramon is the steadiest  of the group and is what he is, a back up point guard par excellance. Before injury, Jack was averaging 13 points and 7 assists starting for the Nets. Frank  is oozing with potential, management loves Baker. When last season began, the Knicks didn;t have any one who was  a pass first guard, This season they have 4. The group has enough diversity that Hornacek can try plenty of 2 guard sets. The big IFs for the season will be how fast Frank learns the NBA game and if Jack can play.

Wings:
While the rotation lacks an all star, having 6 guys who can play 20 minutes a game, score 10 points and get 6 assists/rebounds is pretty good. Because of the contract, THJ will get the most play. Dotson might not even make the roster. If Lee does not get traded, 30 minutes a night for him will go along way towards stabilizing the rotation. Kuz and McD are not creators but are lethal catching a pass at the 3 pt line. Mc D shoots  and Kuz shoots and drives. Those kinds of players were useless next to Rose, but if the guards click, they, like Hardaway can work wonders because opposing teams will need to cover the whole floor. Thomas  and Beasley can slide over to the 4 spot and allow the Knicks to run 1 big sets at times.

Bigs:
We have come along way from when Cole Aldrich was  the lone center on the team. With Kanter joining the rotation, the Knicks now have 5 guys who are above average. Their versatility seems to bode well, without any player really duplicating the game of another. This is now KP s team so he will get the most minutes. We  can only hope that the Knicks take a Spursian outlook on his health and limit his minutes over the season. The Knicks really do not have an excuse not to. The Knicks need to find 2 players to complement KP and 2 to hold the fort while he rests. Kanter has a lot of the attributes of a guy waiting to be a breakout star, and the Knicks need to give him that chance. He has a player option for next season. If Kanter and KP click, the Knicks could sign both for the long term. If not, the Knicks can make trades. The Knicks were dead last in defensive rebound % last season, sinking the defense and ultimately the season. Whatever big men play, they have to figure that out. This might be the 3rd KP metric to watch, in addition to injuries and handling the spotlight. If  the Knicks can&apos;t rebound with KP on  the court, then the organization needs to rethink the plan.

Coach and Locker  room:
Melo had been around so long that he was on his 3rd, 4th, or 5th cycle of organizational personnel. Maybe the guy who parked his car was  the same one he met his first day, but Frank would have been his 20th point guard and Hardaway, a Grover Clevelandesque, 7th and 12th shooting guard. Point being, it is tough to feel good about the people in an organization when you realize that they are all transitory. Why even bother making friends? So from that perspective, he needed to move on.

Now KP becomes the face of the franchise and with that the KP coach relationship takes precedence. We should honestly say that it looks terrible. To recap  the 3  stories we have heard: Jeff told Willy to tell Kris to stop being such  a pussy  and rebound, KP skips exit interview because he feels disrespected, on 2nd day of camp KP bitches about still running the triangle, Jeff denies it. This saga is not reminding anyone of Popovich spending a week with Tim Duncan in the virgin islands. That will be the most important story to start the season. If KP and Jeff turn  on each other we;ll get about 20 wins. Besides that, Noah, Lee, Sessions, and Jack should make a solid locker room if coach empowers them. KOQ, Thomas, Beasley, THJ, and Kanter are young veterans and KP, Willy, Frank, Dotson, Kuz while lacking years of NBA experience,have all been playing pro ball for awhile. Coach will have to get buy in from all the groups and set reasonable and attainable goals. Coach Woody s goals were to get more turnovers than you gave up and win  the division. Jeff needs to do the same.

Front office:
The Knicks are hopefully done with making moves at least for the first month of the season. KOQ has  a player option for next season. Before Noah comes back, he should get plenty of play. Afterwards, it will be tough to find time for every one. KOQ will opt  out and look for more money, so the Knicks need  to decide quickly if they think Kanter, KOQ, or Willy are the best fit next to KP. Before Noah comes  back, they can all get plenty of burn to figure it out. Without any perspective free agents coming to the Knicks, the Knicks need to play small town- preserve cap space, trade  for picks, do not make any mistakes. <br>
There could be some significant chances this season. The West never looked stronger and the East never looked weaker. Cleveland, Boston, and Atlanta have had big roster turnover. Not just HOU and OKC, but Minny and DEN could challenge the Spurs and the Warriors on top. Now that ego has left the building, the Knicks should always be listening to other teams trade requests.

PREDICTION:
Going by the schedule, the Knicks could start 6-6 before going on a vicious 9 game losing streak over the second half of November. That would probably end the season with Hornacek getting fired, vets traded, and our fingers crossed for Donicic. So even though I want to predict success, I am going with 26 or less wins for the season, though my second guess is  a rejuvenated Jarrett Jack taking the Knicks to the 7 seed.
Randle in the Rafters
Stressin

The same or more than last season 31 wins ..
We had a chance to be a 500% team if we would've gave THJ $71M contract to FA PG-George Hill.
We probably could win more games if we brang KP off the bench for 30 minute playingtime ..
I would rather have Noah n Quinn be our frontcourt starters the first 6 minutes of each game.

Very optimistic bout our extra-tall rookie PG Frank Nitty, Frank will be the Knicks future star PG ..
I also like our SG/SF rookie Dotson.
Not happy bout putting the non-passing THJ back on the Knicks!
Im looking forward to Session n Jack playing hard for another contract.
I want both Kuz n Mcderm to play hard as if they are fighting it out for playingtime.
shakespeare

According to this ESPN projection, New York will win 2.5 more games than the Brooklyn Nets. http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2022 ... -18-season

I can't really say how many games we'll win. I'll just guarantee another losing record.
#TeamTank
NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 162

shakespeare wrote:According to this ESPN projection, New York will win 2.5 more games than the Brooklyn Nets. http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2022 ... -18-season

I can't really say how many games we'll win. I'll just guarantee another losing record.
That's a bold one :D
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
thewatcher
Likes given: 2682

n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.