Frank Ntilikina will be a perennial all-star

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: Frank Ntilikina will be a perennial all-star

Postby taowave » August 12, 2018, 8:04 am

I don't buy this position less Bball,unless you are Bron-like..
He's good enough to play 1-5..

Frank being position less means he couldn't cut it as a PG,and we are keeping our fingers crossed that he can develop into a 2..

Imho,Frank could have alot of advantages at the one,but very little at the 2..

Red wrote:If you want to tank but wouldn't mind making the playoffs, what difference does it make where Nitti plays?

His D is better than Thj. Thj's offense is better than FN. Coach playing guards in positionless bb means it really doesn't matter where he plays. Probably matters more who he guards.
taowave

Postby nazrmohamed » August 12, 2018, 11:56 am

I wanna agree with you Tao and I have echoed that sentiment in talking about how we develop Frank but then again, I have a 3 yr leash in development for players like Frank. He could inky make an incremental improvement this year and I'll still be preaching patience. I get some people don't share my patience.

That said I can see myself understanding a shift in either position or importance once we look at FAs. In English what I'm saying is I can see Frank moving to SG if it makes sense, assuming the player we have at PG is a star player. Especially considering you can bank on Frank's defense anywhere he plays. You get Kyrie and I'll shift just about anybody. That's not all that crazy though. I just don't think there's anybody on this current roster to warrant me not continuing to develop him exclusively at PG. And no, Trey Burke does not qualify.

Until then, I get it. Frank stinks for all intents and purposes but......deal with it. He's still to me the highest potential guard on our team and I'm too invested in his development to be fooling around playing him out of position
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby taowave » August 12, 2018, 2:31 pm

Naz,don't get me wrong,I am not saying Frank can not be a good PG in the league. As you said,he deserves a fair shot,and if its 3 years,so be it.But I want to really to see if he has the chops to be a PG in this league.Its OK if he plays off the ball at times,but if he's contributing on D,let's throw him out there and hopefully have him develop at the 1..
taowave

Postby shakespeare » August 13, 2018, 8:01 am

taowave wrote:I don't buy this position less Bball

Agreed, “positionless basketball” doesn’t seem plausible. I mean, by all accounts, every team has a starting player in the backcourt that runs the offense. He’s known as the “point guard.” Even if that player defends the power forward of the opposing team [which is highly unlikely], he’s still the point guard running the offense.

For example, the ‘17 per game assists leaders are mostly point guards—and for good reason. http://m.espn.com/nba/leagueleaders?gro ... avgAssists

One might say there are non-point guards on that list, too, so that proves their point. BUT, while reflecting on the 2000-2001 per game league leaders, I noticed some non-point guards on that list as well. http://m.espn.com/nba/leagueleaders?gro ... asontype=2

CONCLUSION: I don’t believe “position-less basketball” existed those many years ago. Now, I’m not saying that position-less basketball isn’t a thing in 2018, cause it is or can be. Yet, not hardly [as much] when it comes to running the offense, in my humble opinion.
The Porzingis blessing is real.
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby NewlyKnicked » August 26, 2018, 10:30 am

rebound wrote:frank will be playing for france in the fiba tournament this september.

Finally he decided against it. Good decision as France is leading its qualifying group and frank needs to focus enterily on proving me right to believe in him next season
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
NewlyKnicked

Postby taowave » August 26, 2018, 11:00 am

Yup,Frank definitely got the memo and much to his credit is taking things seriously....

I blasted the fuck of of him when he said he was contemplating staying overseas,so i am really pleased to see he knows he is in a dogfight and this is his chance..

You think he starts at the one?
taowave

Postby Don Che » August 26, 2018, 11:11 am

i think Frank's mindset would benefitted playing in the qualifiers.

while he has issues with skill he also has issues with gameplay as well and reps in game action helps the game as training on your own...i would liked to see him attack and destroy the competition. He hasnt really been given the keys to a roster since his MVP showing in the younger league. after that he's basically been a role player.

but im good with him sitting out
Don Che

Postby NewlyKnicked » August 26, 2018, 11:33 am

Nah it was either qualifiers or training camp. Not training on its own
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
NewlyKnicked

Postby maxinquaye11 » August 26, 2018, 10:51 pm

Sad for naz to hear that frank wont be playing any non-nba ball soon. I felt it would be best for him to play so as to develop his aggression but the schedule really makes things
more complicated. Training camp is important especially if you have a new head coach.

On another note, I read on a different forum that frank plays like Nate Mcmillan. I agree. Thoughts?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IDX2s3d1W0s
 " Stat at 3 was code for Melo playing in the low post..." - n8 the gr8

"I don't ever wanna hear anyone bash max's 2 pg love again." - H20Knick

"Cant lie, he did play better off the bench." - nazrmohammed
maxinquaye11

Postby ISIAH_THOMAS » September 7, 2018, 3:13 pm

Frank 74 lowest rating on/any starting point guard in 2k
TAKE THAT FOR DATA
ISIAH_THOMAS

Postby Don Che » September 7, 2018, 7:29 pm

true...till proven otherwise.
Don Che

Postby StevoStarks » September 12, 2018, 1:13 pm

Dirk talking about Doncic and exercising patience, which we should also apply to Frank as well.

"Obviously, I don't want to put too much pressure on him," Nowitzki said in the radio interview. "Coming over from another country -- I went through the same thing about 20 years ago -- it's tough. It's tough to adjust to a lot of things -- a different game, different culture, different play styles, different coaching. For me, that took a full year. My first year was really, really tough.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby Don Che » September 12, 2018, 7:12 pm

Agreed i think patience is the key...look at Dejounte Murray in SA...he went to the D league ( i could be wrong but i think he did) and had 2 years being an apprentice.

while i do think Frank should start no matter what but itsbecause Tony Parker isnt here and the foundation isnt set and i get that the success they have allows for patience but all progress requires patience.

just let him grow on his own and work it out.

he really was our best defender on the perimeter.
Don Che

Postby Koopa Troopa » September 13, 2018, 2:40 am

ISIAH_THOMAS wrote:Frank 74 lowest rating on/any starting point guard in 2k

Thats funny that 2K thinks hes starting. I dont think he will be.
Koopa Troopa

Postby taowave » September 19, 2018, 12:59 pm

Butler wants out of Minny.Anyone do A Courtney Lee and Frank trade for Butler,or is tanking one more year the way to go?
taowave

Postby H20Knick » September 19, 2018, 1:37 pm

taowave wrote:Butler wants out of Minny.Anyone do A Courtney Lee and Frank trade for Butler,or is tanking one more year the way to go?

the tank must roll on

although.... if they want to take noah AND lee off our hands with Frank, I have to do it. But i'm not giving up my 2019 pick without lottery protection.
Fort Knox. Hard Knox. Knock Knox. It doesn't matter. Hall of Fame in 20.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
H20Knick

Postby Don Che » September 19, 2018, 2:08 pm

let the nets throw the farm for Butler....unless we trading Noah and Tim for him lol which would be a literal robbery.
Don Che

Postby taowave » September 20, 2018, 7:17 am

Noah and Tim???

I'm not trading them for Butler.

Maybe Towns..
taowave

Postby Don Che » September 20, 2018, 7:20 am

lol you wouldn't trade Noah and Tim for jimmy butler?

hmm ok
Don Che

Postby taowave » September 20, 2018, 7:54 am

Butler and Tim are a push.You are giving Noah away..

Don Che wrote:lol you wouldn't trade Noah and Tim for jimmy butler?

hmm ok
taowave

PreviousNext

Return to New York Knicks