Frank Ntilikina will be a perennial all-star

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

Don Che
Likes given: 9

its really hard to figure out where we land in this horrible conference but i think Frank's progression will be a big indicator on how this year will go.
taowave
Likes given: 844

Lol@Reddish???

Who or what is a Reddish?

shakespeare wrote:2 down, 1 to go...

Here is The One:

KP, Knox, Reddish.

I would love to see these 3 become our core for the next decade.
NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 162

Don Che wrote:its really hard to figure out where we land in this horrible conference but i think Frank's progression will be a big indicator on how this year will go.
Except for the Cavs with LbJ gone and us with KP down, things haven't change for the worse for the other teams at the top of the conference. There are still 6 top teams (Toronto, Boston, Philly, Milwaukee, Indiana and Washington), and the other spots will be fought over by Detroit, Charlotte and Miami.

The bottom of the east still looks horrific, but I don't expect us jumping to the playoffs this season even if our youth overachieves.

What makes everyone here think the regular season has become a walk in the park all of the sudden? Am I missing something? Has KP retruned or Enes learned defense?
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
shakespeare
Likes given: 0

Tao. Cameron Reddish is a freshman at Duke. He’ll be in the league next season. He’s slated to go in the top 3. Hopefully we’re fortunate enough to receive the 1 or 2 pick
#TeamTank
NewlyKnicked

Frankie world champion !!!!!!

:D :D :D
taowave

Congrats to Frankie and France
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 251

shakespeare wrote:2 down, 1 to go...

Here is The One:

KP, Knox, Reddish.

I would love to see these 3 become our core for the next decade.
Now you understand. And if you really understand you'd then understand why Frank could be the perfect PG to orchestrate a system that revolves around those types of player. Now add in Robinson blossoming as well and it starts to look real promising.

The other top 2 include two wings. One of which is very similar in offensive skill (Barrett), the other is sorta like an athletic Ron Arrest(Little)
NewlyKnicked

taowave wrote:Congrats to Frankie and France
Thanks Tao, it's been crazy around here
Can't wait to celebrate the next Knicks title as well 8-)
maxinquaye11
Likes given: 6

https://fansided.com/2016/11/08/frank-n ... int-guard/

Ntikilina played more off-ball in Stratosburg?!? and it helped him?!? WTF. I just found this out. Imagine my surprise. Now everything is making sense as to why this kid looked more comfortable and produced better alongside Trey and Mudiay. I initially thought that Frank's ceiling is Tony Allen but upon discovering this fact, I'm thinking more of young Andre Igoudala who once became an all-star. This kid is still young and growing. He will be fit to play sf soon enough. There is just too many article and video evidence suggesting that Frank is better suited as an off guard doing spot up-shooting and cutting to-the-basket while also trying to make life difficult for the Bradley Beal's of the NBA. Forcing him to play point guard in the nba is going to be detrimental to his versatility and confidence. What this kid needs is continuity and working on his strengths which to me is off-ball 3nD and secondary pg. True Frank Ntikilina fans should find it easy to agree to this if they wish for Frank to become a perennial all-star.
 " Stat at 3 was code for Melo playing in the low post..." - n8 the gr8

"I don't ever wanna hear anyone bash max's 2 pg love again." - H20Knick

"Cant lie, he did play better off the bench." - nazrmohammed
nazrmohamed

I'm surprised you didn't pick up on that earlier Max. I thought it was common knowledge. Yes, Frank played off guard at Strasburg. Doesn't take away from the fact that he's a PG, and it doesn't take away from the fact that it's natural for him to do so. So it definitely fits into your narrative of a 2pg lineup, in fact he probably wouldn't feel it's a slight or drastic change like American pgs would either. ALOT more teams do it in Europe and the role of a PG is far less ball dominant than in the US anyway. That's why Frank is harder to rate, because he's not even measuring success the same way American fans do for thier pgs.

Try to remember Priggioni and his approach. If it's gonna be all about stats for you just trade him now.
shakespeare

nazrmohamed wrote: And if you really understand you'd then understand why Frank could be the perfect PG to orchestrate a system that revolves around those types of players.
For a moment, if only for the moment, I recognized your vision for the New York Knicks.

A pass-first, defensive-minded point guard surrounded by a starting lineup full of versatile scorers.

But where does Burke fit in this equation?
#TeamTank
nazrmohamed

Burke fits in for me as a backup PG regardless of how much better he looks than an European rookie who was 18 most of last year. I have nothing against Burke, I love his Cinderella story. But he's 25 and hasn't been much of anything up until this point. He's proved that he's an nba player, maybe even a backup PG on a team I am confident will be good once Knox and Robinson are probably in year 3. I'm not saying the Knicks won't compete before that but I sorta feel like by thier year 3, Frank's year 4 and by then KP's year what, 6? That we could be an elite team.

Also consider that I'm assuming we've drafted a solid player this upcoming summer who would be in yr 2. But yes, the level of offensive talent I see KP/Knox/2019 pick having, I'm fully prepared to see Frank be the worst offensive starter and am fine with it. Some critics simply believe that in today's nba that can't happen. If I told them thier SG was a great defender, has great intangibles and was a starting 5s lowest scorer it's fine with them. It's just a way you view who should be a scorer and who shouldn't. I simply don't agree that to be good your pg has to be a scorer. Now granted, even I admit from a draft value standpoint even under my preference you typically find guys like that in the 20s. I still maintain the Knicks didn't maximize thier draft position. And I still maintain that Frank was drafted to be a triangle PG and that was more Phil's vision that died. But he's here and he does do what he does at an elite level, not for his age, but in the league. I think with the added strength he should become a better rebounder this year. I think he'll score more this year but I doubt he'll cine his skillset much. But maybe improved to the point where it's less like "I heard the Knicks got this young guy who defends" and more like league wide known defender on a Tony Allen/Iguodolla level, hopefully withat least a low double digit scoring average you can rely on.
nazrmohamed

I ranted but I think Burkes potential is probably equivalent to what Jarett Jack or Darren Collison was most of thier careers. Very respectable top notch backups that a playoff team would want.
taowave

Jarret Jack NO,but Collison is an excellent comparison..I didn't realize how good Collison was from 3 until you mentioned him.

I see a little AI and Nash in Trey. If I were him,Ild lean towards Nash and become a better facilitator and deep ball shooter.Even though he had a 57 percent TS,too many of his attempts we're deep step back 2's..
Minkaveli
Likes given: 175

No longer sick and tired that Kurt wasn't hired.
nazrmohamed

taowave wrote:Jarret Jack NO,but Collison is an excellent comparison..I didn't realize how good Collison was from 3 until you mentioned him.

I see a little AI and Nash in Trey. If I were him,Ild lean towards Nash and become a better facilitator and deep ball shooter.Even though he had a 57 percent TS,too many of his attempts we're deep step back 2's..

Remember Jack was washed up by the time he got to us and even so what is everybody's gripe with Jack even while he was here? That he put us in the bad position of actually winning games instead losing them. So my point is it's not a slight on Burke to say he's in that tier. We're talking upper tier bench Pgs. The type your starter goes down, they might hold the fort for a month or so.

But again, I still believe that despite him being better now that Frank should develop to overtake him and be that system calming, care taking PG with defense and intangibles with a cat of great starters to get the ball to
nazrmohamed

I disagree somewhat but that's fine. People respect Roberson big time. Any team would take him and the Thunder missed him dearly. The question really becomes can you stand your pg being that equivalent. Most of my life that's EXACTLY what you'd want. SGs, SFs, Pgs, Cs were the scoring stars of your team and the pg set then up. Nowadays the PGs doing all this dribbling while guys are D3 players.

It's just perspective. Now within even the skillset I think Frank is he could still suck. I'm not saying purple gotta think he's a star. I just don't like when people say he sucks...... cuz he's not a scoring pg
shakespeare

Agreed, Nazr, to a certain extent.

1) I don’t believe Burke’s a backup point guard, especially on a losing team. Before he signed with New York, I viewed him as a backup. But last season shed the backup label, in my humble opinion. And I think we’ll lose him in free agency trying to position him as a backup with the team when he’s clearly the best point guard on the roster. At 25, he hasn’t even reached his prime.
2) Ntili. If he can make All-NBA Defensive teams while being among the league leaders in assists and become somewhat of a vocal leader, then he’ll be a special player in my eyes. I don’t think he sucks. I just don’t understand the overrating. Sure, he’s a teenager but so is Knox. To me, the air surrounding each player is not the same. I said that to say age isn’t as much of a factor as some might believe it is.
3) Barring a significant makeover, I don’t believe Frank will be around another three seasons. Think: Hernangomez
Last edited by shakespeare on July 27th, 2018, 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#TeamTank
taowave

Naz,I don't remember many if any knocking Frank because of his lack of scoring. My knock was despite good court vision and Do,he looked so apprehensive and was either unable or too passive to break down the D..

He looked far more comfortable playing off the ball.
Last edited by taowave on July 27th, 2018, 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shakespeare

taowave wrote:Naz,I don't remember many if any knocking Frank because of his lack of scoring.
*raises hand
#TeamTank