Frank Ntilikina will be a perennial all-star

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

Don Che
Likes given: 9

the prestigious Tim and Noah should only demand a top 5 player....AD/KD or dont even pick up the phone
taowave
Likes given: 817

LOL!!!!!

And yes,Im not trading Noah and THj for a Butler caliber player...

AD/KD or bust

Don Che wrote:the prestigious Tim and Noah should only demand a top 5 player....AD/KD or dont even pick up the phone
ISIAH_THOMAS
Likes given: 52

Fxck Adam Silver
Don Che

haha looks the same to me but w/e ill just judge how he plays on the floor.
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

Don Che wrote:haha looks the same to me but w/e ill just judge how he plays on the floor.
I see it. Basketball players dont get strong the same way you or I do, or even a football or baseball player does. First of all they are taller obviously so a 10lb shift is harder to notice. And then it's not like they'll do heavy curls or extensive bench press to get the same pump we do so they look good in the club.
What they will do is work on squats, legs to get more explosive and gain lift. They'll work on thier core for balance and they'll work on thier shoulders to be able to push off and clear space.

I can see that in Frank's shoulders hed been working out
rebound
Likes given: 1104

agreed. frank is growing into his body quickly. joe johnson tier in 2 years.
TOM THIBODEAU'S NEW YORK KNICKS PRESENT:
HEROBALL. A STORY OF THE MID RANGE FADEAWAY JUMPER.
STARRING JALEN BUMSON AND DUBIOUS HANDLES.
Don Che

Joe in his prime was 6'7/6'8 230

idk if Frank would be that...i still see him as mainly a guard..not really a "wing" yet but with what he brings...i like what he does on defense and playmaking enough that those things alone have me excited.

i dont see him ever being a 20 ppg scorer but i do see him as a triple double threat once he gets stronger a 12/5/8 type of guard with good defense...easy guy to win games with.
ISIAH_THOMAS
Likes given: 52

Yikes might be the worse offensive starting point guard in the NBA. Player just don't even defend him

He also doesn't attack the rim as we know so everybody else has to work extra harder
Fxck Adam Silver
Don Che

only way he survives is by shooting the 3 well. he had a good run but fell off a cliff
shakespeare
Likes given: 0

Ntili is shooting 36% from the field and 30% from the arc and averaging 3 assists and nearly 2 turnovers per game in his NBA career.
#TeamTank
shakespeare

ISIAH_THOMAS wrote:might be the worse offensive starting point guard in the NBA.
#TeamTank
Don Che

shakespeare wrote:Ntili is shooting 36% from the field and 30% from the arc and averaging 3 assists and nearly 2 turnovers per game in his NBA career.
i came in confident in frank this year...but...i'd trade him for a late first rounder at this point.

i would wait till the 2nd half of the eyar to get a real good sample sizeof his game but still.
nazrmohamed

Cmon Don, dont be silly. Frank is still rated one of the best defenders in the league. Not rookies and sophmores.....the league. And even from an offensive standpoint hed the second best 3 pts shooter by percentage on this team. He just needs to take more.

Now what I just said isnt an endorsement of him starting, in fact I think it may be best he continue to come off the bench and give Burke another go but there's no need to trade him for a late first rounder just yet, especially in this draft that's weak after 5. Hes 20. We need to stay the course.
NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 160

The boy is not lost for the world yet. I have faith

https://knicksfilmschool.com/2018/11/12 ... s-be-more/
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
NYGM
Likes given: 473

NewlyKnicked wrote:The boy is not lost for the world yet. I have faith

https://knicksfilmschool.com/2018/11/12 ... s-be-more/
Hopefully we'll be patient and develope Frank to be a 2 way player..

His impact on defense and his shooting form makes me a believer..

He's a hard worker and should be able to improve..

What i've been thinking about is he could be still growing and getting accostumed to his new body.. Also needs more time to tighten his handles due his excessive long arms..

Also what's wrong with Frank's shoulders? He's been all taped up for some games now..

Also you got to love a player who brings it defensively no matter what..
maxinquaye11
Likes given: 6

Iman shumpert written all over. Better off the bench or with another pg. Iman shump at the 3 with felt and prigioni.

Kudos to naz for saying it like it is much respect.

I guess we really just have to be patient. Either that or some people just have don't have the magic eye.

#TrainingDay
 " Stat at 3 was code for Melo playing in the low post..." - n8 the gr8

"I don't ever wanna hear anyone bash max's 2 pg love again." - H20Knick

"Cant lie, he did play better off the bench." - nazrmohammed
Knickyankee3

I think some of you ever optimistic knick fans need to lay off the Kool-aid and walk back the Ntilikina is an all-star chat!
I think I will correct this thread to Frank will be a perennial 3rd guard off the bench.
Pretty sure all-stars score more than 2 points over two games, can actually hit the rim when shooting, can actually finish when going to the basket, or actually attacks the basket! Fairly basic stuff.
keep calm and switch on defense.
nazrmohamed

maxinquaye11 wrote:Iman shumpert written all over. Better off the bench or with another pg. Iman shump at the 3 with felt and prigioni.

Kudos to naz for saying it like it is much respect.

I guess we really just have to be patient. Either that or some people just have don't have the magic eye.

#TrainingDay
Man, I regret the day I ever said that cuz I was talking about his performance in one game and you been referencing it for years. But it's ok max. This year you might actually be right. Especially since Frank is more of a combo guard at this point. I do hate it though when Fizz puts him at SF .
NYGM
Likes given: 473

Knickyankee3 wrote:I think some of you ever optimistic knick fans need to lay off the Kool-aid and walk back the Ntilikina is an all-star chat!
I think I will correct this thread to Frank will be a perennial 3rd guard off the bench.
Pretty sure all-stars score more than 2 points over two games, can actually hit the rim when shooting, can actually finish when going to the basket, or actually attacks the basket! Fairly basic stuff.
That's the way some people thinks about a player these days, just from the offensive standpoint..

Building a team is not just about lauching shots and lazy defense.. I thought we already had enough of that..

No patient for a elite perimeter defender (most valuable around the league than your regular chucker IMO), but all the time in the world for underachievers offesnive minded players SMH..

Building around of KP and another star next year (KD maybe???) wont be about another "dynamic - defensively challenged - scoring PG" IMO..

It took 4 years for Tey to be an incosistent somewhat efficient scorer who deserves playing time, it took Mudiay 4 years to become somehow a decent NBA player, neither of those played any defense or had any impact in games to speak of..

But in Frank case, his skillset is not "shinnign" enough to warrant some patient?

Also, are Frank's shoulders still all taped up or is he feeling better already?
NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 160

Can't argue with boxscores analysts...

Frank is already so valuable to this team who needs perimeter defense to a painful point, although just a sophomore with close-to-zero offensive impact... His future is bright, I have no worry about that. I just hope it all happens here.
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion