Knicks want to bring back Prigioni.........as an asst coach

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

cragganmor wrote:I'd want Priggy Smalls to develop Frank's Euro step p&r game, kinda steal moves from Harden, who like Frank, is 6'5" with 7' wingspan, get more craftiness than explosiveness in his drives.
Y'all remember who Priggioni was right? I loved the guy but it took him hand a season to shoot. Frank already plays defense so I guess Priggioni could improve upon that. But let's not not act like he was some offensive stud.

But if he could be our defensive coach I'd be ecstatic
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1117

nazrmohamed wrote: Y'all remember who Priggioni was right? I loved the guy but it took him hand a season to shoot. Frank already plays defense so I guess Priggioni could improve upon that. But let's not not act like he was some offensive stud.

Christ, that "almost-turnover" by Priggy on a fastbreak that was bailed out by a lucky JR Smith dunk............it still hasn't left my mind :sadno:
taowave
Likes given: 817

Thats the last fucking guy I want near Frank..Ild sooner have Clyde..

Guy was awful on offense

nazrmohamed wrote:
Y'all remember who Priggioni was right? I loved the guy but it took him hand a season to shoot. Frank already plays defense so I guess Priggioni could improve upon that. But let's not not act like he was some offensive stud.

taowave

you remember priggy on a fast break and throwing the ball over the backboard?

he was the worst finisher i have ever seen...
big_j_NY wrote:
Christ, that "almost-turnover" by Priggy on a fastbreak that was bailed out by a lucky JR Smith dunk............it still hasn't left my mind :sadno:
big_j_NY

Yeah, let Priggy work with Mudiay instead........since Mudiay's issue is lack of fundamentals anyway.
taowave wrote:you remember priggy on a fast break and throwing the ball over the backboard?

he was the worst finisher i have ever seen...
Could've swore Jeremy Lin did that one time in a Knicks jersey too
Don Che
Likes given: 9

lol you guys are thinking way too into this

Prigs has travelled the world, played int he best leagues for over a decade with no talent and just the basics and thinking the game...he has an abundance of knowledge of the game.
taowave

Thanks,but no thanks..Frank drips pee down his leg every time he tries to dribble past the top of the key..

How about Stockton or Gary Payton mentoring Frank..Give Larry Brown another shot

Don Che wrote:lol you guys are thinking way too into this

Prigs has travelled the world, played int he best leagues for over a decade with no talent and just the basics and thinking the game...he has an abundance of knowledge of the game.
Don Che

that theory just makes no sense...its like since Marc Jackson coached Curry....Curry backed down all PG's and passed every possession because the guy coaching him is that way.

Pablo knows a lot about basketball..he didnt have the speed/quickness/vertican to attack on a regular..he played to his strengths....Pablo will teach his players to do the same.

Your smarter than that line of thinking...plenty of coaches have taught players that are polar opposites to them as players.

Larry Brown didnt get to the rim as a player......and he coached one of the best attacking guards of all time.
NYGM
Likes given: 470

Nothing wrong with Prigioni as a trainer.. He could handle the ball if i remember correctly..

What Frankie needs more than everything is improving his handle, that's the key right now..

With pesty defenders as we saw last game even a more advanced Mudiay had problems
NYGM

Don Che wrote:that theory just makes no sense...its like since Marc Jackson coached Curry....Curry backed down all PG's and passed every possession because the guy coaching him is that way.

Pablo knows a lot about basketball..he didnt have the speed/quickness/vertican to attack on a regular..he played to his strengths....Pablo will teach his players to do the same.

Your smarter than that line of thinking...plenty of coaches have taught players that are polar opposites to them as players.

Larry Brown didnt get to the rim as a player......and he coached one of the best attacking guards of all time.
This..

And people understimate knowledge of the game..

A guy like Prigioni needed to be ahead of what was happening in the game at the moment..

Remember he came at the NBA late in his career, but he was playing at high level even without any physical attributes to brag about..

I guess Mudiay could learn a lot from Prigioni about being a complete player in both sides of the ball..
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

NYGM wrote:Nothing wrong with Prigioni as a trainer.. He could handle the ball if i remember correctly..

What Frankie needs more than everything is improving his handle, that's the key right now..

With pesty defenders as we saw last game even a more advanced Mudiay had problems
What I think Priggs can teach is intangible but again, I gotta remind people. This guy used to dribble Bob Cousy style.

THERE WILL NOT BE any modern day skills learned from Priggs, dude didn't have them. Whay he did have was an unyielding will to be an absolute annoyance on defense. What we saw from McConnell last night defensively is what we'll learn from Priggs. All up "in yo shit" defense, taking charges, flopping...All that type of stuff that makes an offensive player wanna punch you in the face.

If you told me Delladova went to Priggs school I'd believe you. But on offense we're talking about a guy that takes 4 shots a game and passes the ball around the perimeter.
taowave

I want nothing to do with Priggie.

Frank would be better off with Tony Robbins

Marc Jackson works
Don Che wrote:that theory just makes no sense...its like since Marc Jackson coached Curry....Curry backed down all PG's and passed every possession because the guy coaching him is that way.

Don Che

hahaha who was the developmental coach for Kyle Lowry? Lillard? Curry?

if you can name 2 developmental coaches in the NBA right now..your opinion on this matter can gain some steam of logic

but idt you can name one developmental coach currently that as a player fit the player he coached.

oh yeh dont google
taowave

I have no clue :)

But I honestly think Frank's problem is mental.He plays way too conservative..

Hence,Tony Robbins
big_j_NY

Wouldn't Tim Grover be the more preferred option then, Tao?

I mean, look at who he trained (Kobe)
taowave

Kobe was a killer from day one...
I considered Grover more of a conditioning guy.
Wasn't he Attack athletic??
Jordan was his big name and put him on the map..

Prigs is nothing like Grover...
Maybe we are talking about 2 different things?

Are you talking about bring Frank to an elite Fitness level?

I honestly think Frank's problems go way beyond physical,but he could definitely use s guy like Grover.
big_j_NY wrote:Wouldn't Tim Grover be the more preferred option then, Tao?

I mean, look at who he trained (Kobe)
NYGM

Nothing wrong with some training..

Maybe Lowry would have reached his potential earlier?

Or Billups? Or any other player who figured it out later?

Look at Mario Hezonja, he's playing like he supposed to play 3 years ago? Now he's looking better and better?..

For some players just take time..

Frank needs to work in those skills.. Matter of fact, he's getting those 12, 7 and 5 games without a tight handle and the game being too fast for him right now..

This is when you need to be patient and give the kid all the resources to adapt and improve.. If he has the work ethic and health i'm sure we're going to see some improvement sooner than later..

Since we're not contending right now and we're looking for a high pick just let the young guys learn from their mistakes..
NYGM

taowave wrote:Kobe was a killer from day one...
I considered Grover more of a conditioning guy.
Wasn't he Attack athletic??
Jordan was his big name and put him on the map..

Prigs is nothing like Grover...
Maybe we are talking about 2 different things?

Are you talking about bring Frank to an elite Fitness level?

I honestly think Frank's problems go way beyond physical,but he could definitely use s guy like Grover.
Not buying that "mental" stuff..

The game is too fast for the kid right now.. Not being able to fully trust in his handles or having a quick enough release on his shot..

He needs to hone those skills to a NBA Level ASAP.. Nothing he cannot work on and improve..

A lot of players took their time to make an impact.. We play WASH tomorrow, look at 2 players: Porter and Ubre Jr..
taowave

There's no doubt it is way too soon to give up on Frank,but it's not a great sign that Perry brought up Burks,wanted Payton and grabbed Mudiay..

As for Mario,he is the polar opposite of Frank.The guy oozes confidence and is fearless bordering on reckless..

Watch some clips of his thru the legs passes to fsns in the first row..
NYGM wrote:Nothing wrong with some training..

Maybe Lowry would have reached his potential earlier?

Or Billups? Or any other player who figured it out later?

Look at Mario Hezonja, he's playing like he supposed to play 3 years ago? Now he's looking better and better?..

For some players just take time..

Frank needs to work in those skills.. Matter of fact, he's getting those 12, 7 and 5 games without a tight handle and the game being too fast for him right now..

This is when you need to be patient and give the kid all the resources to adapt and improve.. If he has the work ethic and health i'm sure we're going to see some improvement sooner than later..

Since we're not contending right now and we're looking for a high pick just let the young guys learn from their mistakes..
taowave

So you see saying it's physical,i.e shitty handle,slow release..And why doesn't he penetrate??
NYGM wrote:
Not buying that "mental" stuff..

The game is too fast for the kid right now.. Not being able to fully trust in his handles or having a quick enough release on his shot..

He needs to hone those skills to a NBA Level ASAP.. Nothing he cannot work on and improve..

A lot of players took their time to make an impact.. We play WASH tomorrow, look at 2 players: Porter and Ubre Jr..