8th pick.. (Welcome Knickilina to NY)

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Who do you want at pick 8?

Frank
41%
Monk
24%
Smith
32%
Isaac
3%
Somebody Else
No votes

Total votes : 37

Re: 8th pick.. (Make Your Choice)

Postby taowave » May 21, 2017, 9:19 am

He's going all in on the triangle and has said he's not looking for guys who jump out of the gym or deep ball players..

Guy is such a moron..Doesn't want a stud athlete,but rode Jordan and Kobe/Shaq?????
taowave

Postby NYGM » May 21, 2017, 9:21 am

I fear Frank could be a twenner and lack the speed and explosiveness to play PG in the NBA..

How many times do we need to keep getting burned by opposing PG's?.. We need someone to punch back..

People talking up his defense, but there is not a way to lock donw the good PG's of the league..

I like Frank but i keep reading "fluid" instead of fast or explosive..

Also he seems to have some problems finishing around the rim, that's not good if you are described as fluid..

That said, young Baron Davis like is really a good look for this team, going young and playing more like it..

What i like most about DSJ game is he plays under control, changing gears and getting into places with his dribble, he has more than one speed on his tool bag.. He's not only explosive, he can shoot, finish and people seems to underrate his passing, the kid is a new era PG for sure..
NYGM

Postby NYGM » May 21, 2017, 9:28 am

taowave wrote:He's going all in on the triangle and has said he's not looking for guys who jump out of the gym or deep ball players..

Guy is such a moron..Doesn't want a stud athlete,but rode Jordan and Kobe/Shaq?????

I think he said not looking fot guys who just jump out of the GYM and lack skill.. Obvioisly we need guys who can compete athleticaly but also have ball skills..

Guys who can dribble, shoot, pass, play defense and want to play team winning ball..
NYGM

Postby nazrmohamed » May 21, 2017, 11:53 am

Heard this idea from a fan site but what about trading down with the Lakers and basically trading the 8th pick for DeAngelo Russell sand thier 28th pick in the first round.

We get a player drafted ahead of KP in his same draft class and then still get to draft a first rounder, albeit a weaker draftee.

I sorta like it cuz I still think Russell wouldve been great in the triangle and both he and KP are similar in age and could make for a great tandem. Later on you grab a player like........ Well now we're entering cragg territory so Ill let him sell the pick.

Then you can still do your trade scenarios for Melo or anyone else to land additiinal picks.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby NYGM » May 21, 2017, 11:59 am

What if Phil goes for a guy like Isaac or Zach Collins?. If there is none of the top PG's available?..
NYGM

Postby NYGM » May 21, 2017, 12:04 pm

nazrmohamed wrote:Heard this idea from a fan site but what about trading down with the Lakers and basically trading the 8th pick for DeAngelo Russell sand thier 28th pick in the first round.

We get a player drafted ahead of KP in his same draft class and then still get to draft a first rounder, albeit a weaker draftee.

I sorta like it cuz I still think Russell wouldve been great in the triangle and both he and KP are similar in age and could make for a great tandem. Later on you grab a player like........ Well now we're entering cragg territory so Ill let him sell the pick.

Then you can still do your trade scenarios for Melo or anyone else to land additiinal picks.

28th seems to be too low IMO..

I'm not sure about Russel but he surely fits the triangle..

Not feeling the 28th, if we can get somehow a higher pick you have to take a look at it..
NYGM

Postby big_j_NY » May 21, 2017, 3:21 pm

nazrmohamed wrote:I think Horn should be fired for winning meaningless games at the end of the season and you feel he should be fired for not playing injured 30plus players, go figure.

I can't blame Hornacek for trying to win, the job for both coaches and players are to win games..........we don't pay them to intentionally lose.

I have other gripes with Hornacek (which I've argued already at the beginning of this shit season, so I won't repeat it again), but trying to win down the stretch IS NOT one of them.

Phil gets the blame for those meaningless wins by not cutting Derrick Rose at the same time as Brandon Jennings after the All-Star break, at the very least......the lack of Rose's presence on the floor would've made it harder for Melo and/or KP to score points in order to win games for the team DESPITE an increased of ball movement without Rose dominating the ball.
#EmbraceTheTank2018

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Postby noypi » May 21, 2017, 8:10 pm

nazrmohamed wrote:Heard this idea from a fan site but what about trading down with the Lakers and basically trading the 8th pick for DeAngelo Russell sand thier 28th pick in the first round.

I heard a crazier version of it, probably from a delusional Laker fan, where we trade Lance, the 8th AND a future 1st rd. pick for D'Angelo. I like your version better.

D'Angelo and maybe Jawun Evans for 28th pick? Not bad, I guess. And if we can somehow trade Melo to Cavs, Love to Blazers and Turner, 15th (Justin Jackson) and 20th pick (Patton/Anigbogu or any rim protecting, mobile C) to us, our rebuilding is fast tracked. Let's hope Cavs get crushed by the Warriors in the finals.
“I’m still chasing a championship, I’m just chasing it here in New York,’’ Anthony said. “I’ve come to peace with that. I’m doing it in my own way on my own time.”

http://nypost.com/2015/10/27/greatest-c ... -with-nyc/
noypi

Postby Don Che » May 22, 2017, 3:46 pm

If we get multiple picks in the first

.....i want Donovan Mitchell...watching Marcus Smart last night showed me what a guy like Mitchell can do...and while smart is a better passer...Mitchell is a better shooter/athlete based off games then Smart is. I believe Mitchell is bigger also.

the same exact reasons i like Frank....i like Mitchell.
Don Che

Postby shakespeare » May 22, 2017, 7:52 pm

taowave wrote:He's going all in on the triangle and has said he's not looking for guys who jump out of the gym or deep ball players..

He might wanna snatch a player from the 1917 draft.

I made myself laugh.
The Porzingis blessing is real.
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby noypi » May 22, 2017, 10:50 pm

I agree. Eventhough I like Frank's physical profile, I still want Monk and DSJ elite athleticism and shot making talent much more. Monk and DSJ are only 19, they can learn a lot and correct their flaws and even grow an inch or two they're so young! I'd probably cry if we pick Frank.
“I’m still chasing a championship, I’m just chasing it here in New York,’’ Anthony said. “I’ve come to peace with that. I’m doing it in my own way on my own time.”

noypi

Postby cragganmor » May 22, 2017, 11:01 pm

to make an offense in the nba work, you need 1 player with elite quickness with the ball to get into the lane. i like dsj, the kid can blow by slow defenders, finish over length. the question will be how much defense can he play? i gotta believe that he's coachable, will develop that skill.
cragganmor

Postby big_j_NY » May 22, 2017, 11:21 pm

cragganmor wrote:to make an offense in the nba work, you need 1 player with elite quickness with the ball to get into the lane and also pass when in the lane. i like dsj, the kid can blow by slow defenders, finish over length. the question will be how much defense can he play? i gotta believe that he's coachable, will develop that skill.

Fixed cragg, I just had to specify that........but I get your point.

But this team already attempted that with Derrick Rose, then discovered that HE DID NOT PASS when in the painted area. So hopefully whatever guard we get, he is capable of doing such a thing.
#EmbraceTheTank2018

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Postby nazrmohamed » May 23, 2017, 7:01 am

If we ended up with a pick in the low teens either via tasted or trade down I still haven't forgotten about OG. I still think he's the best player outside the lottery. Probably ends up a role player but Im thinking the type that starts and wins DPOY someday. Reminds me allot of Ron Artest, not metta or panda. Ron Artest.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby cragganmor » May 23, 2017, 9:42 am

good catch big j, we're on the same wavelength
cragganmor

Postby Don Che » May 23, 2017, 10:40 am

I'm happy you mentioned Ron Artest...the knicks need a killa on the floor...tear you to shreds type mentality. Do I think OG is that guy? based on what ive seen ? no He also isnt the offensive player Artest was either...Ron was a 20 ppg scorer type player along with great defense. OG has the tools but I question the motor to put it all together.

Edited..Artest was a far superior passer/shooter from 3 than OG was at that same stage. I just dont think OG wants to be great. He didnt excel his soph year like i hoped.

I want to get some savages on this roster. The only killa i see in the lottery is Dennis Smith...hes not nice out there...hes taking names but...i have reservations on his defense and most likely he wont be there...so If Frank is the guy..take him but get a pick later in the draft to get some physically imposing players to surround KP/Frank with.
Don Che

Postby NewlyKnicked » May 24, 2017, 8:42 am

have to admit, dennis is growing on me. defense can be taught with the right environment if the kid is not too dumb

https://theringer.com/2017-nba-draft-de ... 20c78d9b5c

damn, that looks like a deep draft class!
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
NewlyKnicked

Postby ISIAH_THOMAS » May 24, 2017, 2:18 pm

That's a good article. Dsjr with KP could be special down the road. More than Frank Dennis has the looks of a lead guard. He needs to improve his defense though the no effort isn't going to cut it, but has all the tools on offense
TAKE THAT FOR DATA
ISIAH_THOMAS

Postby nazrmohamed » May 24, 2017, 5:43 pm

Yeah, all this craziness talk of trades got us losing vision of what's right in front of us. And when its all said and done, if DSJ is still there when we draft he's the best player available. I just don't know if other trans might feel the sane way and scoop him first. In fact i never thought hed make it that far
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby noypi » May 24, 2017, 10:51 pm

My choice is also DSJ then Monk and Frank. I just hope that the Magic pass on DSJ though. I see Wolves targeting Isaac, they need talent at the 4.

noypi

PreviousNext

Return to New York Knicks