8th pick.. (Welcome Knickilina to NY)

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

Who do you want at pick 8?

Frank
41%
Monk
24%
Smith
32%
Isaac
3%
Somebody Else
No votes

Total votes: 37
ISIAH_THOMAS
Likes given: 52

as usual we get fucked while the NBA continues to help the Lakers and sizers :hammer:

Most likely going to pi k Frank now
Last edited by ISIAH_THOMAS on June 23rd, 2017, 3:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fxck Adam Silver
thewatcher
Likes given: 2682

Monk
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
Don Che
Likes given: 9

Why am I so mad?

I'll take Frank
ISIAH_THOMAS
Likes given: 52

Don Che wrote:Why am I so mad?

I'll take Frank
U should be
Fxck Adam Silver
n8 the gr8
Likes given: 167

I like Frank but I've been a horrible scout and I like Monk and Smith as well. I haven't really had my eye on Isaac but if Gaines thinks he's BPA then so be it. Just defer to Gaines.

I like Frank qualitatively because I really want a defender and he's a project player, so the team will continue to suck for a couple years while the team has a chance to acquire a few more early lottery picks. Someone more NBA-ready would make it harder to stack the team.

Against probability I was sort of hoping Fox would be there at 7, no way he's there at 8.
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

"Throw Payton out and get it over with. I'm getting hungry."
~Clyde
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

frank has a higher floor than monk, but could be a longer version of joe dumars if developed properly.

monk's floor is lou williams, his ceiling is jamal crawford, but only if he tightens up his dribble and gets shifty with the ball.

both guys are so young, the future is unwritten for both of them. one thing we can't really measure are the intangibles, need to interview and work them out to determine. i trust phil and his team to choose the right one.
Don Che

You know why I'm so mad....because I know now that philly and Boston got a whole lot better.... if embiid and Simmons stay healthy...we are screwed.
taowave
Likes given: 844

Boston isnt our comp,so I am good with the rich getting richer.Its Philly leap frogging us that stings..

Don Che wrote:You know why I'm so mad....because I know now that philly and Boston got a whole lot better.... if embiid and Simmons stay healthy...we are screwed.
Mr3037
Likes given: 0

Don Che wrote:You know why I'm so mad....because I know now that philly and Boston got a whole lot better.... if embiid and Simmons stay healthy...we are screwed.
We're probably screwed anyway Don.

We need to take the long road back to the top, that's why I am cool taking Ntilikina at his age. If we play our cards right and Phil realises that youth is the way to go, trade away our bigger contracts like Melo & Noah if possible, bring in as many picks as possible through these trades without sacrificing our own 1st rounders and conserve cap space.

Then in a year or 2 we should have half a roster of young, hungry developing players, most of which are hopefully 1st round talent with enough $ in the cap to sign complementary stars to big deals when the time is right.
NYK Fan since 92
NYKFP Fan since 04

28 years & counting...Bleeding Orange & Blue
n8 the gr8
Likes given: 167

Yeah they're going to be good but I don't know what Philly is going to do. I don't think they want Tatum or Jackson and Fox is a reach at 3. They might trade down.
taowave wrote:Boston isnt our comp,so I am good with the rich getting richer.Its Philly leap frogging us that stings..
I disagree. Jalen Brown, whoever they pick this year and the Nets 2018 first rounder will put them as division contenders well into the Knicks/76ers timeline. Even if Isiah fades early. They're not going anywhere. The Atlantic could be a tough conference in 5 years.
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

"Throw Payton out and get it over with. I'm getting hungry."
~Clyde
taowave
Likes given: 844

Boston is already a division contender...They arent in our league..we suck
Mr3037

Exactly why we need to decide to TANK the next 2 seasons.......no point getting to the ASG with a record of like 14-27 and then deciding to tank. Be smart, make it clear we are rebuilding through youth.
Make it clear to KP & Willy that its short term pain for long term gain.
NYK Fan since 92
NYKFP Fan since 04

28 years & counting...Bleeding Orange & Blue
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 251

I go for Frank Ntilikina. Looks like a good player and I guess Phil would like him.
noypi
Likes given: 24

Pick anyone who the Celtics want at our spot, maybe Jonathan Isaac as their positional versatile SF/PF or sparkplug off the bench scorer DSJ/Monk. Our 8th pick (Isaac/DSJ/Monk), O'Quinn and Melo for their 1st pick (Fultz), Zeller, Jae Crowder/Avery Bradley/Marcus Smart.

They still need rebounding and rim protection that's why we include KOQ. Kelly Olynyk will probably get an extension and maybe they let Amir Johnson and Jerebko walk to pay IT and Bradley next year. Zeller is trade filler and any of Crowder, Bradley and Smart to us to complete the trade will do.

Then trade our two first round picks to trade up and get Hamidou Diallo. I like him he's young, I see T-Mac potential :drool:

Fultz/Baker/Randle
Lee/Diallo/Holiday
Crowder/Lance/Kuz
KP/Ndour
Willy/Noah

Tank 2018 here we come.
“I’m still chasing a championship, I’m just chasing it here in New York,’’ Anthony said. “I’ve come to peace with that. I’m doing it in my own way on my own time.”

http://nypost.com/2015/10/27/greatest-c ... -with-nyc/
Don Che

Phil has made that clear that the draft is the only way to clear this up and even though I'm upset...there are great players taken @ 8 and beyond

Idt we need to clearly tank next year yet...I want to see what we get for Melo.

Because if he nets us a pick or 2 in this years draft in the 1st round or a young player and a pick down the line....that can be enough youth to go into next year to win as much as you can ...could still suck but that's not tanking that's just being what you are. I'm only tanking theoretically if Melo is still here next year.

But this year get Melo out....next offseason get Noah out

Be patient and make the right deals
lxn_

noypi wrote:Pick anyone who the Celtics want at our spot, maybe Jonathan Isaac as their positional versatile SF/PF or sparkplug off the bench scorer DSJ/Monk. Our 8th pick (Isaac/DSJ/Monk), O'Quinn and Melo for their 1st pick (Fultz), Zeller, Jae Crowder/Avery Bradley/Marcus Smart.

They still need rebounding and rim protection that's why we include KOQ. Kelly Olynyk will probably get an extension and maybe they let Amir Johnson and Jerebko walk to pay IT and Bradley next year. Zeller is trade filler and any of Crowder, Bradley and Smart to us to complete the trade will do.

Then trade our two first round picks to trade up and get Hamidou Diallo. I like him he's young, I see T-Mac potential :drool:

Fultz/Baker/Randle
Lee/Diallo/Holiday
Crowder/Lance/Kuz
KP/Ndour
Willy/Noah

Tank 2018 here we come.
Im hoping for that deal too which is why Im rooting for the celtics guards to continue to ball out these next few games. They are already loaded with guards and adding Fultz might cause some issues, although that is a good problem to have. Most of their guards should be untouchable, they are playoff tested and are good pieces.
NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 162

if we keep our pick, i'd go with Frank personally, but i'll trust gaines as well. that's all we have
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
NYGM
Likes given: 490

DSJ..
KRL

Doesn't make a difference who they take if this organization doesn't commit to:

- Defense
- Effort
- Teamwork

Last year's team had plenty of talent and couldn't sniff .500
nbafreak724

I've still got some research to do but I might be okay with any of these four picks. My order of preference (as of now) is probably:

1. Smith
2. Frank
3. Monk
4. Issac
"Come at the king, you best not miss."