Excellent breakdown that begs the question: "Why are we still Knick fans?"

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: Excellent breakdown that begs the question: "Why are we still Knick fans?"

Postby n8 the gr8 » May 16, 2017, 7:42 pm

Those two charts were really interesting ways to convey the information.
Trust Gaines
Doncic 2018
n8 the gr8

Postby Mr3037 » May 16, 2017, 8:39 pm

I'm loyal & stubborn - simple
NYK Fan since 92
NYKFP Fan since 04

23 years & counting...Bleeding Orange & Blue
Mr3037

Postby cragganmor » May 16, 2017, 10:06 pm

being 90% scar tissue, i don't think that i can tell the difference anymore...
cragganmor

Postby noypi » May 16, 2017, 10:27 pm

Been asking myself that for years. I don't know why I'm still here.
“I’m still chasing a championship, I’m just chasing it here in New York,’’ Anthony said. “I’ve come to peace with that. I’m doing it in my own way on my own time.”

http://nypost.com/2015/10/27/greatest-c ... -with-nyc/
noypi

Postby n8 the gr8 » May 16, 2017, 10:34 pm

Out of curiosity how did you international fans become Knicks fans (other than latvians)? Did you all have some connection with NY or was it some draw of the Ewing Knicks teams?
Trust Gaines
Doncic 2018
n8 the gr8

Postby noypi » May 16, 2017, 11:07 pm

n8 the gr8 wrote:Out of curiosity how did you international fans become Knicks fans (other than latvians)? Did you all have some connection with NY or was it some draw of the Ewing Knicks teams?

I always liked Ewing and Starks especially in '94 with Oakley, Derek Harper and Mase who were tough as nails. I wasn't able to watch much of '99 team though, dunno why. Then my favorite player Penny Hardaway, eventhough he was a shell of his former self, got traded to the Knicks. Been a loyal fan since then :hmm: :?
“I’m still chasing a championship, I’m just chasing it here in New York,’’ Anthony said. “I’ve come to peace with that. I’m doing it in my own way on my own time.”

http://nypost.com/2015/10/27/greatest-c ... -with-nyc/
noypi

Postby NewlyKnicked » May 17, 2017, 4:40 am

n8 the gr8 wrote:Out of curiosity how did you international fans become Knicks fans (other than latvians)? Did you all have some connection with NY or was it some draw of the Ewing Knicks teams?

I'm a recent addition to the fan base from France. JR is the original reason I'm a Knicks fan. I just love the guy and his stupid quirks (tie your shoes, shawn!). When he was traded away (why, oh why ? and for what ? :sadno: ), I stayed because I got too much into it, the passion, the drama, the underdog love. In France, my soccer team (inherited from my dad) was also a famous team back in the day trying to get back to glory but remaining mostly frustrating and disppointing, so I guess I've a weak spot for those and enjoy the scars.
Finally, I moved to NYC for a couple of years and just loved the crazyness
NewlyKnicked

Postby Rusty La Rue » May 17, 2017, 6:35 am

Well I began watching and playing basketball around 1990 and around that time danish TV began showing some NBA highligts. For some reason I fell in love with Ewing and the Knicks even though most of my friends became Lakers and Bulls fans. I loved the tough D and that they always seemed to play better in the playoffs. I remember sitting up all night watching the finals against Houston on german TV (SAT 1) because no Danish channels was showing the finals.

In '98 I moved to NJ and later NYC so I experienced the magical 98-99 season while living in NYC. And when I moved back home in 2000 it had become much easier to watch the NBA in Denmark... so I guess being a knicks fan in the 90ties sealed the deal and now I am stuck. I have never understod how some people jump from team to team because to me it is a passion and that cannot just be moved to another team, so I do not really understand the initial question (Why are we still Knick fans), what choice do we have? I love basketball and my team is the Knicks, and so it will be until I am in the grave.
"Everybody gets excited about youth except the coach, because he knows youth means mistakes, mistakes mean losses, losses means you're fired."
Rusty La Rue

Postby Mr3037 » May 18, 2017, 7:05 pm

Growing up in Australia, EVERYONE was a Jordan / Bulls fan.........EVERYONE all my friends except for 1 Penny fan (When he was with Orl) went for the Bulls.

I always kinda went my own way, & 1 of the first games I watched was a Knicks vs Bulls game and I just LOVED how physical NY were and how they just didnt give a fuk against this team that was everybody's fav.

The fact they were the rival of the most liked team AND their style of play sealed the deal for me.
NYK Fan since 92
NYKFP Fan since 04

23 years & counting...Bleeding Orange & Blue
Mr3037

Return to New York Knicks