Knicks meet with De'Aaron Fox, also scheduled meeting with Fultz

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Knicks meet with De'Aaron Fox, also scheduled meeting with Fultz

Postby big_j_NY » May 10, 2017, 7:59 pm

Ian Begley‏ @IanBegley

The Knicks met with Kentucky's De'Aaron Fox today in Chicago at the NBA Draft Combine, per ESPN sources. Some with NYK are big fans of Fox.

https://twitter.com/IanBegley/status/862445289415770112

Ian Begley‏ @IanBegley

The Knicks are scheduled to meet with projected top pick Markelle Fultz in Chicago during the NBA Draft Combine, league sources told ESPN.

https://twitter.com/IanBegley/status/862409846422884352

Aiming high, I see
#EmbraceTheTank2018

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Re: Knicks meet with De'Aaron Fox, also scheduled meeting with Fultz

Postby Don Che » May 10, 2017, 9:41 pm

commit to Fox tell him to not speak to anyone ever again and pray
Don Che

Postby n8 the gr8 » May 10, 2017, 9:56 pm

If the top 3 are sort of a given I think my board for the rest of the picks is
1. Fox
2. Frank
3. Smith
4. Monk
With my priorities being first a point guard and second being a defender. I'd love Fox, but honestly I doubt he'll be there at 7. :thumbsup:
Trust Gaines
Doncic 2018
n8 the gr8

Postby lxn_ » May 10, 2017, 11:20 pm

^^ same order here.. I like fox the most then frank because of their defense alone. Frank might struggle his first season offensively but defense is where he'll earn minutes.
lxn_

Postby NewlyKnicked » May 11, 2017, 5:00 am

fox 1st as well although my French heart would be thrilled with Frank but it's more long-term and NYC has no patience
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
NewlyKnicked

Postby nbafreak724 » May 15, 2017, 7:18 am

"There also seems to be a growing movement among teams to rank Kentucky's Fox ahead of Ball," Ford wrote. "No one helped himself more in March than Fox did. He has a chance to go as high as No. 2 or No. 3 in this draft."
Ford added: "There also seems to be some growing appreciation for North Carolina State's Dennis Smith. It's possible that Markelle Fultz, Ball, Fox and Smith could be the first four players taken in the draft. That's how strong the point guard group is this year."

Fox's stock seems to be rising, which is worrisome :|
"Come at the king, you best not miss."
nbafreak724

Postby H20Knick » May 15, 2017, 8:22 am

nbafreak724 wrote:
Fox's stock seems to be rising, which is worrisome :|

he was never going to fall to 7. It's DSJ that i'm worried about at this point.
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION

All aboard the Donkic express!
H20Knick

Postby Don Che » May 15, 2017, 11:35 am

off a talent pov i dont mind taking Dennis but just looking at the last 30 years.

the NBA is a PG league but championship PG's i really can't think of someone that fits Dennis' mold outside of Billups and Kyrie(but Lebron is the real PG of that team)....but Billups could D up.

Rondo..could d up

Curry is the best shooter ever and while he doesnt lock his defender he does make plays on that side of the ball.

I see Dennis and I think of Baron Davis/Francis/Marbury/Kyle Lowry who are all studs..no doubt about it but do those guys win rings? Yes I know its a team sport but winning teams have patterns. Thats my only scare...we draft a 4x all star that doesnt help win games but keeps things entertaining.
Don Che

Postby spree#8 » May 15, 2017, 11:52 am

Don Che wrote:off a talent pov i dont mind taking Dennis but just looking at the last 30 years.

the NBA is a PG league but championship PG's i really can't think of someone that fits Dennis' mold outside of Billups and Kyrie(but Lebron is the real PG of that team)....but Billups could D up.

Rondo..could d up

Curry is the best shooter ever and while he doesnt lock his defender he does make plays on that side of the ball.

I see Dennis and I think of Baron Davis/Francis/Marbury/Kyle Lowry who are all studs..no doubt about it but do those guys win rings? Yes I know its a team sport but winning teams have patterns. Thats my only scare...we draft a 4x all star that doesnt help win games but keeps things entertaining.

Chris Paul has never made it past the second round, but we would draft a guy like him, right? Just saying that I wouldn't worry too much about the mold of Smith. We haven't had a great young point guard in a long time, so I wouldn't mind Smith.
Last edited by spree#8 on May 15, 2017, 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby Don Che » May 15, 2017, 2:06 pm

I guess thats my scare of investing too much into PG's....everyone talks smack about it being a PG league while Lebron/kobe/MJ takes the rings home.

Wing players have been dominant for as long as we can remember...even when it was a "big man" league....the guy who ruled time itself was a wing.

I'd love to get a wing player thats athletic as all hell and show talent on both ends of the floor...sadly Josh Jackson is the only guy that fits that and he doesnt have the talent none of the other guys have.

I'm afraid of Frank because everything i like about him...i liked about Mardy Collins..i prefer tall guards so i feel like i cant be trusted on the matter
Don Che

Postby cragganmor » May 15, 2017, 9:50 pm

how would you feel about donovan mitchell? born in nyc, 6'3 with 6'10" wingspan, strong defender, nba body with excellent athleticism, has 40" max vert. but more combo than true pg.

if a physically talented swing is what you want, take a look at Maryland's justin jackson, a 6'7" swing with a freakish 7'3" wingspan.
cragganmor

Postby nazrmohamed » May 15, 2017, 10:35 pm

At 7
Isaac
Frank
Smith
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby H20Knick » May 16, 2017, 8:08 am

nazrmohamed wrote:At 7
Isaac
Frank
Smith

I'd go Isaac, Smith, Frank... but I think I have come around on taking Isaac at 7
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION

All aboard the Donkic express!
H20Knick

Postby taowave » May 16, 2017, 8:37 am

Don,Lebron is a PG(not too mention he does have Kyrie),he just happens to be 6'9" 275..
Also a guy named Magic was pretty helpful in the ring department.
Harden has turned into an interesting take on PG..

What we need is a player who makes the players around him better...That is why Rose was such a horrible disappointment this year.Rondo in the playoffs before getting injured looked to suddenly be that guy.

I would have expanded the Kobe, MJ, Bron and added Magic, Bird,Shaq,Duncan

on a side note,has a team ever won an NBA championship without a player avg 5 apg or more?

Don Che wrote:I guess thats my scare of investing too much into PG's....everyone talks smack about it being a PG league while Lebron/kobe/MJ takes the rings home.

Wing players have been dominant for as long as we can remember...even when it was a "big man" league....the guy who ruled time itself was a wing.

I'd love to get a wing player thats athletic as all hell and show talent on both ends of the floor...sadly Josh Jackson is the only guy that fits that and he doesnt have the talent none of the other guys have.

I'm afraid of Frank because everything i like about him...i liked about Mardy Collins..i prefer tall guards so i feel like i cant be trusted on the matter
taowave

Postby NewlyKnicked » May 16, 2017, 9:21 am

I'm team Frank if we have to choose between him , Dennis and Isaac. I don't think we'll produce next year anyway so better go with the most upside, add another high pick next year and start a dynasty
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
NewlyKnicked

Postby Don Che » May 16, 2017, 9:56 am

Tao that feeds into my point that you need playmakers outside of the guy who guards PG's.

Lebron is a small forward because he guards the wing for the most part...but on offense hes a PG to the truest form..one of the best ive ever seen...screw it the best ive ever seen.

so playmaking needs to be done regardless we need a guy who can get 10 assists in a game...30 points in a game if need be..we need a flat out stud at this point.

I just dont believe that it needs to be a PG....it helps with this draft since well its the strong PG class so I'll just take the best one possible and move forward BUT...consider a guy like Frank.

Frank may never be the "drop 30 on you" type guy but if we can draft a guy who can lock down those PG's that are running a muck in this generation while getting other players involved?...i may consider it.

And use other resources at the 3/2 spots to find guys who can drop 30 on you at any given time and a guy who can be the primary or secondary playmaker to Frank down the line.

Obv we could suck next year and draft that guy...or maybe draft a guy this year who has the tools to do those things and develop like Kawhi/PG13 and go that rout.

I'm just saying that what I bash the idea of taking a point guard i really mean the guy thats defending your point guard...we need guys who can pass at the 3/2/1 for this offense to work regardless of the matter.
Don Che

Postby Isa Soulstar » May 16, 2017, 10:04 am

Snowball's chance in hell either slip to 7. Knicks must have some assurances a draft day trade with Boston is in the works.
oOoO...Friends don't let friends VOTE REPUBLICAN...OoOo
Isa Soulstar
Writer

Postby Don Che » May 16, 2017, 11:25 am

i doubt they do that after going to the ECF

unless Lebron abuses em
Don Che

Postby taowave » May 16, 2017, 11:51 am

Don,would you change your draft selection based on Melo coming or going?

I agree with everything you said,but in hindsight place most of the blame on Rose. The guy surprised on some levels,but was really one dimensional​ as a PG.

You are right,we need a playmaker and defenders

Don Che wrote:Tao that feeds into my point that you need playmakers outside of the guy who guards PG's.

Lebron is a small forward because he guards the wing for the most part...but on offense hes a PG to the truest form..one of the best ive ever seen...screw it the best ive ever seen.

so playmaking needs to be done regardless we need a guy who can get 10 assists in a game...30 points in a game if need be..we need a flat out stud at this point.

I just dont believe that it needs to be a PG....it helps with this draft since well its the strong PG class so I'll just take the best one possible and move forward BUT...consider a guy like Frank.

Frank may never be the "drop 30 on you" type guy but if we can draft a guy who can lock down those PG's that are running a muck in this generation while getting other players involved?...i may consider it.

And use other resources at the 3/2 spots to find guys who can drop 30 on you at any given time and a guy who can be the primary or secondary playmaker to Frank down the line.

Obv we could suck next year and draft that guy...or maybe draft a guy this year who has the tools to do those things and develop like Kawhi/PG13 and go that rout.

I'm just saying that what I bash the idea of taking a point guard i really mean the guy thats defending your point guard...we need guys who can pass at the 3/2/1 for this offense to work regardless of the matter.
taowave

Postby spree#8 » May 16, 2017, 12:08 pm

Isa Soulstar wrote:Snowball's chance in hell either slip to 7. Knicks must have some assurances a draft day trade with Boston is in the works.

Nah, they are just doing their due diligence. Whether you have a chance to draft someone or not, this is the time of the year where you want to get to know the newbies.
#knickstape
spree#8

Next

Return to New York Knicks