Countdown to the biggest day this season...

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: Countdown to the biggest day this season...

Postby n8 the gr8 » May 16, 2017, 9:20 pm

StevoStarks wrote:If we pick that Arizona guy I'm done. I quit.

He might be good. Also if he is only a matter of time before "Finish Sniper" changes to "White Death" which would be the most badass nickname in the history of NBA.
Trust Gaines
Doncic 2018
n8 the gr8

Postby NYGM » May 16, 2017, 9:38 pm

Just go for BPA..
NYGM

Postby nazrmohamed » May 16, 2017, 10:21 pm

NYGM wrote:Just go for BPA..

If Isaac is there then he really is that player. Everybody wants a playmaker. There are many ways to get one. But if you want a versatile player who can shoot, is athletic, plays defense, can board and put the ball on the floor a bit than that's Isaac. I still think next to KP wed be one of the longer yet mobile teams in the league one day.

Then go after Holiday and Teague
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby NewlyKnicked » May 17, 2017, 2:51 am

cragganmor wrote:remember that most of us screamed our heads off when phil picked kp; he's shown us how wrong we were. he still has the same excellent draft evaluators working this year, i have no reason to believe that we won't get an impact player, maybe even 2. players can polish their game significantly beyond what we saw in ncaa, euroleague, etc.

agreed, even though picking higher opens up your options. hopefully Phil goes BPA. we ain't filling holes in our squad yet, we're building one from the ground up
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
NewlyKnicked

Postby NewlyKnicked » May 17, 2017, 2:54 am

Idk if I'm more disgusted by us going down one, boston 1st or the lakers keeping their pick :warp:
NewlyKnicked

Postby lxn_ » May 17, 2017, 3:44 am

Im more disgusted with the boston 1st pick lol, right after winning game 7. good day for them
lxn_

Postby NewlyKnicked » May 17, 2017, 4:47 am

and let's not forget philly getting a well deserved 3rd pick to go with their 36 prior 1st picks after years of not playing basketball...

i don't think there could have been a worse lottery tbh (us getting down to 10th would have implied that boston was down to 4th and the lakers losing their pick which would have made it easier to swallow)
NewlyKnicked

Postby thewatcher » May 17, 2017, 6:34 am

^^ I hate the Lakers as much as anyone, but them holding on was good for the Knicks and the eastern Conference because alternatively, Philly with 2 top 4 picks and a healthy Enbid and Simmons could become a big problem.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
thewatcher

Postby Rusty La Rue » May 17, 2017, 8:03 am

I feel this is the perfect time to rebuild... I believe the Warriors wil dominate the NBA the next 3-4 years (we all know they also would have won last year if DG hadn't fucked up) and then adding KD just assured that no other team can compete... of course I still prefer us to be in the playoffs but this might not be such a bad time to rebuild... And I do hope that the Lakers pick Lonzo and that he is a total bust :LOL:
"Everybody gets excited about youth except the coach, because he knows youth means mistakes, mistakes mean losses, losses means you're fired."
Rusty La Rue

Postby NewlyKnicked » May 17, 2017, 8:19 am

Rusty La Rue wrote:And I do hope that the Lakers pick Lonzo and that he is a total bust :LOL:

that'd be what I like to call justice :clap:
NewlyKnicked

Postby spree#8 » May 17, 2017, 12:16 pm

I have no problem with Boston getting the first pick. The Nets deserve that for the strategically worst trade in NBA history. An owner who didn't understand that the NBA isn't European soccer where you can buy success. I actually love it! And the Celtics even have the Nets 2018 first round pick again...

Of course it sucks, that Boston gets in a better and better position, but that was well played by Danny Ainge.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby Don Che » May 17, 2017, 12:18 pm

its even better seeing that Boston hasnt really drafted the next Lebron with those picks either.

actually their success so far...has nothing to do with players they draft. They just signed low key guys that buy into team basketball...including IT.

They let Brad coach.

Time we do the same.
Don Che

Postby shakespeare » May 17, 2017, 4:07 pm

n8 the gr8 wrote:He might be good.

I was distraught after New York drafted Porzingis and he turned out to be a upcoming star player in the league, so who knows?

Luckily, we received the 8th pick. Phil is crazy, but I don't believe he's that crazy to draft Markkanen at 8. Maybe 10th, but not 8th.
The Porzingis blessing is real.
shakespeare
Writer

Postby shakespeare » May 17, 2017, 4:17 pm

Don Che wrote:
They let Brad coach.

Outstanding coach, very impressive the way he's gotten role players like Smart, Crowder, Olynyk and even Terry Rozier to completely buy into his system. They go to war for their coach. Star players like Thomas and Horford are gonna get theirs regardless of the jersey worn, so ultimately, it's the role players who decide whatever coaches' impact, in my humble opinion.

There's a YouTube video (Stevens' interview) entitled "Brad Stevens: Spurs are "Best Basketball Team I've seeing my Adult Life," and you can hear the respect he has for the Spurs organization.

Stevens just might be the next Popovich. Ainge just might be the next R.C. Buford.
The Porzingis blessing is real.
shakespeare
Writer

Postby NewlyKnicked » May 18, 2017, 3:09 am

Hopefully going down to 8 will result in dodging another okafor bullet :relief:
NewlyKnicked

Postby Rusty La Rue » May 18, 2017, 5:34 am

NewlyKnicked wrote:Hopefully going down to 8 will result in dodging another okafor bullet :relief:

Yeah there have to be a bust or two among the top 10 players drafted hopefully not whoever we pick. If we can count on the various mock drafts on the internet, it will probably be between Isaacs, Monk, Smith Jr., Frank N or Markanen. I do not think Markanen makes sense for the Knicks and I am actually okay with any of the other 4 at least until we see them play ;)
"Everybody gets excited about youth except the coach, because he knows youth means mistakes, mistakes mean losses, losses means you're fired."
Rusty La Rue

Postby StevoStarks » May 18, 2017, 12:39 pm

Rusty La Rue wrote:Yeah there have to be a bust or two among the top 10 players drafted hopefully not whoever we pick. If we can count on the various mock drafts on the internet, it will probably be between Isaacs, Monk, Smith Jr., Frank N or Markanen. I do not think Markanen makes sense for the Knicks and I am actually okay with any of the other 4 at least until we see them play ;)

Agree with those first 4 you mention and if it ends up being one of them, then so be it. I'm not going to complain about any of those guys. My gut says it's going to come down to Monk and Frank N, but I'm also feeling like there could be a lot of trade action at the top as well.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Previous

Return to New York Knicks