Trade Noah for Howard

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Trade Noah for Howard

Postby Championship 16/17 » May 2, 2017, 6:12 pm

Howard is unhappy, Noah sucks, let's do a deal. Here is more source below

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/24 ... ade-Market

Knicks get: Dwight Howard (reunites with Courtney Lee)

Hawks get: Joakim Noah, Lance Thomas, and 2 second round picks

Thoughts?
Championship 16/17

Re: Trade Noah for Howard

Postby big_j_NY » May 2, 2017, 6:16 pm

We're not making the playoffs next year, we just aren't, stop trying to force yourself to believe we need the playoffs next year when we need to rebuild

..........this does nothing UNLESS you really hate seeing Joakim Noah's face in New York every day.

Actually you're proposing 2nd round picks to be given way......definitely NO to this STUPID ATTEMPT AT THE PLAYOFFS, ONCE AGAIN WE NEED TO REBUILD
#EmbraceTheTank2018

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Postby n8 the gr8 » May 2, 2017, 6:18 pm

Dwight Howard absolutely sucks and I want him nowhere near this team.
:dikembe:

As an aside Atlanta should've kept Horford and the Celtics should've signed Howard. Both teams would be better off.
Trust Gaines
Doncic 2018
n8 the gr8

Postby Championship 16/17 » May 2, 2017, 6:27 pm

big_j_NY wrote:We're not making the playoffs next year, we just aren't, stop trying to force yourself to believe we need the playoffs next year when we need to rebuild

..........this does nothing UNLESS you really hate seeing Joakim Noah's face in New York every day.

Actually you're proposing 2nd round picks to be given way......definitely NO to this STUPID ATTEMPT AT THE PLAYOFFS, ONCE AGAIN WE NEED TO REBUILD

Ask Carmelo Anthony and Phil Jackson if we are going to rebuild.

Melo aint going no where and Phil will resign Derrick Rose, you just wait and see
Championship 16/17

Postby big_j_NY » May 2, 2017, 6:29 pm

Who are you, Charley Rosen or something?
#EmbraceTheTank2018

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Postby Championship 16/17 » May 2, 2017, 6:37 pm

big_j_NY wrote:Who are you, Charley Rosen or something?

Nobody gets that reference loser. Hahahah, just joshing ya :LOL:
Championship 16/17

Postby cragganmor » May 2, 2017, 6:42 pm

dh is a prima donna; don't need him on our squad.
cragganmor

Postby Championship 16/17 » May 2, 2017, 6:46 pm

cragganmor wrote:dh is a prima donna; don't need him on our squad.

New York will toughen him up
Championship 16/17

Postby Don Che » May 2, 2017, 7:43 pm

bad karma deal all over it.

Leave Dwight out of here

Also Dwight doesnt fit our timeline at all.
Don Che

Postby Championship 16/17 » May 2, 2017, 8:15 pm

Don Che wrote:bad karma deal all over it.

Leave Dwight out of here

Also Dwight doesnt fit our timeline at all.

lol, this isn't the Patrick Ewing deal
Championship 16/17

Postby Championship 16/17 » May 2, 2017, 8:55 pm

I think the problem is most people just can't see the potential a player has on this team. We judge to much on how a player is labeled or how he performs on their current team.

Look at Courtney Lee, nobody was knocking on his door, got a call from Noah, the team expressed desire to sign him and he had a career year. He has never been so aggressive in his career, last time I saw that was his rookie year in Orlando. We got that out of him, I would say he is one of our leaders now. But before New York, he was a role player bouncing team to team.

Dwight's mentor was Patrick Ewing, he even trained with Hakeem. He is good friends with Courtney Lee. This guy will be paired with KP, a perfect complimentary player. He wasn't trained by Jabber, he doesn't bleed purple and gold, he is trained by Ewing, he bleeds orange and blue. We didn't even give him a call. But hey Noah was such a terrific option.

Another example, look at Lance Stephenson. Str8 trash according to most people on this forum. Went back to Indiana and was a leader in the locker room, motivated his troops and pushed them into the playoffs. But if you judge him before he went back to Indiana and can't see the potential, then you missed an opportunity. The problem was, he can't be your second best player on your team. He can't be the only player with no fear towards Lebron. I know Rose and Melo don't fear Lebron, but they too quiet to get everyone to believe. Imagine if he was the 3rd or 4th best player, then he fits that role to a T. Imagine what he would of did in his real home, the team he grew up watching resurrected his career, imagine the loyalty. But hey, most people said he would party hard and get into trouble.

We will never get a gift wrapped Top 10 player who did amazing on another team. We have to roll the dice for the right pieces and someone taking pride being in a Knicks uniform. You first have to ask yourself, does he have potential on our current team. That's all you need to pull the trigger.
Championship 16/17

Postby cragganmor » May 2, 2017, 9:01 pm

he hasn't been a difference maker in lac, hou, atl. why will he be any different here with less talent than in his previous stops? he hasn't played consistent star-quality ball since he left orl. his talent is undeniable, but his fit with us is poor for many reasons, as others have mentioned.
cragganmor

Postby Championship 16/17 » May 2, 2017, 9:12 pm

cragganmor wrote:he hasn't been a difference maker in lac, hou, atl. why will he be any different here with less talent than in his previous stops? he hasn't played consistent star-quality ball since he left orl. his talent is undeniable, but his fit with us is poor for many reasons, as others have mentioned.

You basically just made my point.

KP, Melo, and Rose is not less talent. The knicks could be the platform he needs to excel. His talent is undeniable
Championship 16/17

Postby H20Knick » May 2, 2017, 9:26 pm

im so embarrased to admit that part of me thinks that dwight howard would make our team wayyyy better. A clean-up defender. A guy who can catch lobs and throw them down. If we get the first pick and get Fultz by some miracle... I kind of want to see it.

so sorry big J. Forgive me.
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION

All aboard the Donkic express!
H20Knick

Postby n8 the gr8 » May 2, 2017, 9:44 pm

H20Knick wrote:im so embarrased to admit that part of me thinks that dwight howard would make our team wayyyy better. A clean-up defender. A guy who can catch lobs and throw them down. If we get the first pick and get Fultz by some miracle... I kind of want to see it.

so sorry big J. Forgive me.

That's a tough one. With a guy like Fultz at guard I could see it making sense. Really different scenario, the part of me that's a huge Melo fan would be kind of interested in seeing this happen. If the Knicks went all-in for another season we could give Wade a huge one year contract and have a rotation like
Fultz/Baker
Wade/Lee
Melo/?
KP/Hernangomez
Howard/O'Quinn
:blink:

I guess we can have these types of conversations for 2 more weeks.
Trust Gaines
Doncic 2018
n8 the gr8

Postby Championship 16/17 » May 2, 2017, 10:13 pm

"If the Knicks went all-in for another season we could give Wade a huge one year contract"

Wow, great team. I didn't even think of that. We should give it one more shot
Championship 16/17

Postby nazrmohamed » May 2, 2017, 10:39 pm

I don't necessarily want Dwight. I think it delays the inevitable which is a total rebuild....TOTAL.

However, there really isn't any true angle in which Dwight Howard is a bad player and any attempts to paint him as one is nothing more than people just not liking him. The guy averages a double-double on low usage. He ranks 35th in the league in PER, which when put in perspective puts him ahead of players such as Paul George, Marc Gasol and many other players y'all would love to have. He ranks 32 in estimated wins added as well. If anything Dwight Howard has had a justifiable argument his entire career. I have one of the highest FG percentages in the entire league and if you hand me the ball Ill score with it. All I ask is that the only means of my scoring be more than put backs on rebounds.....you know, the 12-14 Ive averaged my entire career. A career in which Ive made the playoffs, in many cases the second round and beyond, for the majority of it.

Dwight Howard has never sucked. Not one day of his life.

Theres actually no way on earth that Dwight isn't a dramatic improvement from Joaquin Noah, Lance Thomas and 2 second rounders.

In any case, this would be an example of the right move at the wrong time as the Knicks always do. The time to have done this would've been this past year, when Carmelo's career depended on it. Instead we give Melo Noah and now wanna trade him. Its time to move on. But that doesn't excuse the Knicks for being a lousy franchise who makes shitty decisions.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby JoeD » May 2, 2017, 11:01 pm

Let's do this, let's keep making the same damn mistakes again and again. Man you guys are glutton for punishment. Holy crap we are rebuilding and your bring in Howard. Have we gone brain dead.
JoeD

Postby maxinquaye11 » May 2, 2017, 11:10 pm

as long as it gets rid of Joke-I-am, I'm in. Howard at least is healthy and can really patrol the paint.
 " Stat at 3 was code for Melo playing in the low post..." - n8 the gr8

"I don't ever wanna hear anyone bash max's 2 pg love again." - H20Knick

"Cant lie, he did play better off the bench." - nazrmohammed

" WE GOT JUSTIN HOLIDAY! " - maxinquaye11 on Derrick Rose trade day
maxinquaye11

Postby NewlyKnicked » May 3, 2017, 5:02 am

if everything goes perfectly right with dh, we end in 1st-2nd round of PO. If reality kicks in, we're looking at a 30-40 wins season again without a juicy high lottery pick... lets move on
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
NewlyKnicked

Next

Return to New York Knicks