Trade Noah for Howard

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: Trade Noah for Howard

Postby cragganmor » May 3, 2017, 7:55 am

JoeD wrote:Let's do this, let's keep making the same damn mistakes again and again. Man you guys are glutton for punishment. Holy crap we are rebuilding and your bring in Howard. Have we gone brain dead.

yep, that's the recipe for continuous mediocrity, over and over...
cragganmor

Postby Don Che » May 3, 2017, 8:44 am

Melo/KP/Dwight is too slow to work

throwing Wade into that mix is even more toxic

lets just keep things simple

Will/KP/Porter/Jackson/Baker would win more games than that group and have a window of 10 years to win it all.

That other squad has 10 months.

you want to get Howard?...fine trade Melo get a crazy defender at the 3 and hit a homerun in the draft and maybe thatll work

Howard/KP/ mobile defenders/passers and 1 shooter.....all under 27 years old

Only way Howard and Melo work is if Melo is the 4 man....and in that scenerio KP leaves and me caring about this team would be over
Don Che

Postby H20Knick » May 3, 2017, 9:17 am

Bring KP off the bench. He can back up both positions and still play 33-35 minutes a game.

And instead of Wade, you get CP3. Its time for Melo and CP3 to unite! And who would be a better mentor for our rookie than Paul? Bledsoe and Collison are two former Paul backups that both are quality players.

AND Paul can get Dwight all of those lobs. Oh man, the gears are turning in my head
"Stay true. Orange and Blue" - Jeff Van Gundy

2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION

I'm down with K-PorZee
H20Knick

Postby Don Che » May 3, 2017, 9:34 am

......chill
Don Che

Postby n8 the gr8 » May 3, 2017, 12:01 pm

-sign CP3 with a little under the max
-use room MLE on Wade
-PG3 opts out and signs for minimum
-Rose resigns for minimum
They're saying we're a super team.
Trust Gaines
Doncic 2018
n8 the gr8

Postby thewatcher » May 3, 2017, 12:05 pm

why would Atlanta trade Howard for Noah? Howard couldn't stay on the floor in the 4th quarter. Just forget it and rebuild.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
thewatcher

Postby Nononsense » May 4, 2017, 9:48 am

H20Knick wrote:And instead of Wade, you get CP3. Its time for Melo and CP3 to unite! And who would be a better mentor for our rookie than Paul? Bledsoe and Collison are two former Paul backups that both are quality players.

AND Paul can get Dwight all of those lobs. Oh man, the gears are turning in my head
n8 the gr8 wrote:-sign CP3 with a little under the max

Guys, CP3 ain't coming to this toxic mess.
Nononsense

Postby Don Che » May 4, 2017, 9:50 am

Chill with these 2K scenarios
Don Che

Postby gradyandrew » May 4, 2017, 1:20 pm

Yes, that's why Phil sucks. There was nothing unreasonable about this plan last summer. Knicks could have not made the rose trade and then offered wade an identical to Melo contract at the beginning of free agency which he would have accepted. Then this off season with Calderon coming off the books, Knicks would have had enough money to offer CP the max. Knicks would be starting cp, wade, Melo, kp, and Lopez.
It’s not the frustration of the fans of us losing, they want to see the dog, they want to see that fight, they want to see that hunger inside of you. - THJ
gradyandrew

Postby big_j_NY » May 4, 2017, 1:46 pm

gradyandrew wrote:Yes, that's why Phil sucks. There was nothing unreasonable about this plan last summer. Knicks could have not made the rose trade and then offered wade an identical to Melo contract at the beginning of free agency which he would have accepted. Then this off season with Calderon coming off the books, Knicks would have had enough money to offer CP the max. Knicks would be starting cp, wade, Melo, kp, and Lopez.

No he wouldn't, grady. There is no verbal or contextual evidence where Dwayne Wade wanted to be a New York Knick outside of a few draft combines in 2003.

Once again, just stop it. Hell, Rose wasn't gonna come here willingly via free agency originally tbh........we were just lucky via trade, and Rose just fucked up in our faces.

You're just as delusional as the people that want to trade Noah for Dwight.............Wade WAS NOT gonna come willingly to New York in any scenario.
#EmbraceTheTank2018

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Postby Don Che » May 4, 2017, 3:12 pm

yeh i dont see how any of that can go down.

and i wouldnt even want any of that to go down. the banana boat crew outside of lebron has 2 years of success left tops 3.

I want a decade of success not 2 years
Don Che

Postby gradyandrew » May 5, 2017, 12:56 am

Let's call it a hunch, backed by Melo saying it was a missed opportunity.

Riley spent the first days of free agency blowing off wade and making sure Whiteside resigned. Then when he called wade it was for him to take a big discount. considering that vs Toronto wade was clearly the best player on the heat and Whiteside wasn't anything special, I think wade felt disrespected. Last season with Aflalo opting out the Knicks were in need of a starting shooting guard and a playmaker. wade is the most Jordan esque player in the league and the Knicks would have been in a good position to steal cp away from the clippers. I think the chance to play with Melo, in a big market, a future with a big 3 of the Banana boat crew sans LeBron, and the fuck you it would have been to Riley to sign with his biggest rivals(Knicks and Jackson), and the money the Knicks could offer would have given New York a great chance to sign him.

so did wade ever say he wanted to go to New York? no. but without the rose trade it would have been a perfect fit.
It’s not the frustration of the fans of us losing, they want to see the dog, they want to see that fight, they want to see that hunger inside of you. - THJ
gradyandrew

Postby shakespeare » May 5, 2017, 8:40 am

big_j_NY wrote:
Once again, just stop it.

AGREED.
Knicks need defenders and playmakers.
The Porzingis blessing is real.
shakespeare
Writer

Postby shakespeare » May 5, 2017, 8:41 am

thewatcher wrote:why would Atlanta trade Howard for Noah?

That, too.
The Porzingis blessing is real.
shakespeare
Writer

Postby taowave » May 5, 2017, 1:13 pm

Did someone actually suggest Noah is moveable?

Pass the pipe..
taowave

Postby Geolink » May 5, 2017, 6:31 pm

I would actually like this team to get younger.
Not changing until the Knicks win round 1 of the Eastern Conference playoffs. 12/10/2012

Geolink wrote:Must be nice to sit out for months from your job, still earn millions in guaranteed money, and fucking a nice model girlfriend at a tropical beach...
Geolink

Previous

Return to New York Knicks