Article - "Why Carmelo Anthony must leave Knicks..."

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: Article - "Why Carmelo Anthony must leave Knicks..."

Postby Mr3037 » May 10, 2017, 11:20 pm

Ah ok cool thanks n8. Phil better be contacting any playoff teams that have been knocked out that have some picks coming up!
NYK Fan since 92
NYKFP Fan since 04

23 years & counting...Bleeding Orange & Blue
Mr3037

Postby noypi » May 11, 2017, 8:02 am

http://www.nj.com/knicks/index.ssf/2017 ... ailbl.html

Melo to Portland is gaining some traction. Tommy Beer spying on us lol. Melo makes alot of sense in Portland and they have tons of young assets. Since they're gonna low ball us, I am guessing Turner, Ezeli and 2017 20th pick for Melo. But we will negotiate and get the 15th. I don't think they give up Aminu, Vonleh, Napier or Crabbe unless we involve Courtney Lee.
“I’m still chasing a championship, I’m just chasing it here in New York,’’ Anthony said. “I’ve come to peace with that. I’m doing it in my own way on my own time.”

http://nypost.com/2015/10/27/greatest-c ... -with-nyc/
noypi

Postby Don Che » May 11, 2017, 5:14 pm

bye bye Lee then

Even tho i like Lee as a stop gap SG but I want to draft one this year but I guess if your taking Crabbe you just do it.

And lets not get it twisted...Crabbe is a horrible contract...just as bad as Noahs so if we are taking that montracity then they gotta give up Aminu and 15 and 27...they can take Melo/Lee and our 2nd rounder.

both sides take risk. And Lillard/CJ/Melo/Nurkic will be a hard team to stop in the playoffs...any way you slice it.
Don Che

Postby Mr3037 » May 11, 2017, 6:09 pm

Don Che wrote:bye bye Lee then

Even tho i like Lee as a stop gap SG but I want to draft one this year but I guess if your taking Crabbe you just do it.

And lets not get it twisted...Crabbe is a horrible contract...just as bad as Noahs so if we are taking that montracity then they gotta give up Aminu and 15 and 27...they can take Melo/Lee and our 2nd rounder.

both sides take risk. And Lillard/CJ/Melo/Nurkic will be a hard team to stop in the playoffs...any way you slice it.

Totally agree with this.

IF we are to take back any 'bad' contracts then we need to be getting more draft picks as compo.

Crabbe, Aminu and 15 and 27...they can take Melo/Lee and our 2nd rounder. - I'd do that....
NYK Fan since 92
NYKFP Fan since 04

Mr3037

Postby big_j_NY » May 12, 2017, 6:23 pm

Mr3037 wrote:Oh god big_j please dont do that!!!

Yeah I very much believe Phil COULD do that.........it would be so worse case for us getting nada back in return and STILL paying him......Starbury 2.0.

Most likely Melo will give Phil a list of teams he'd consider playing for, Phill will contact those teams, a couple will low ball us and Phil will bite just to get Melo gone......

Those comments unfortunately reiterated my "dark horse" thoughts

Phil wants Melo gone no matter what, him saying "he has a no trade contract" means Phil is willing to cut Carmelo for the sake of it............god help us all
#EmbraceTheTank2018

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Postby Geolink » May 12, 2017, 8:50 pm

Fuck it cut Melo then.

Don't need any more bench warmers with horrible contracts in return. Don't see any picks coming our way unless it's 2nd late round.
Not changing until the Knicks win round 1 of the Eastern Conference playoffs. 12/10/2012

Geolink wrote:Must be nice to sit out for months from your job, still earn millions in guaranteed money, and fucking a nice model girlfriend at a tropical beach...
Geolink

Postby spree#8 » May 13, 2017, 3:54 am

Relax, Phil is talking of the no-trade clause, nothing else. If Melo doesn't want to be traded, he will be back. Jackson will try to find a trade that suits both. Melo won't be cut.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby Geolink » May 13, 2017, 8:25 am

So he's getting Marbury'd if he stays? He's gonna be a cloud over the team's head if he does stay.
Not changing until the Knicks win round 1 of the Eastern Conference playoffs. 12/10/2012

Geolink wrote:Must be nice to sit out for months from your job, still earn millions in guaranteed money, and fucking a nice model girlfriend at a tropical beach...
Geolink

Postby big_j_NY » May 13, 2017, 11:03 am

Geolink wrote:So he's getting Marbury'd if he stays? He's gonna be a cloud over the team's head if he does stay.

He's only getting "Marbury'd" if Hornacek doesn't want to play Melo when he returns.............Phil cutting Melo with no regard IS NOT a Marbury situation
#EmbraceTheTank2018

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Postby Mr3037 » May 14, 2017, 8:25 pm

Seriously can you imagine Melo going deep in the playoffs for some other team while WE are paying him>? I'd lose my shit.

I'd rather take 2nd rounders than do that
NYK Fan since 92
NYKFP Fan since 04

Mr3037

Postby NewlyKnicked » May 15, 2017, 5:09 am

I'd love to see Melo win somewhere else but paying for it... yeah that's a bit much
NewlyKnicked

Postby nazrmohamed » May 15, 2017, 8:11 am

noypi wrote:http://www.nj.com/knicks/index.ssf/2017/05/nba_trade_rumors_knicks_carmelo_anthony_to_trailbl.html

Melo to Portland is gaining some traction. Tommy Beer spying on us lol. Melo makes alot of sense in Portland and they have tons of young assets. Since they're gonna low ball us, I am guessing Turner, Ezeli and 2017 20th pick for Melo. But we will negotiate and get the 15th. I don't think they give up Aminu, Vonleh, Napier or Crabbe unless we involve Courtney Lee.

I guess id be satisfied with that deal. Definitely wanna go for that 15th pick but at this point in Melos value to get a mid first rounder in a deep draft and Id be good.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby H20Knick » May 15, 2017, 9:12 am

http://nypost.com/2017/05/14/nba-execs- ... los-stock/
NBA execs: Phil Jackson killing Carmelo’s trade stock
By Fred Kerber May 14, 2017 | 6:13pm

You want to trade in or sell your 2003 car and get a better model. Chances are you do not initiate sale talks with:

“Well, the car stalls and it never got me where I wanted to go. Essentially, it’s a lemon, so let it be someone else’s headache.

“But I want the top Blue Book price and then some for it.”

Now substitute “Carmelo Anthony” for “car” and you get an idea why some opposing executives scratch their heads at how Knicks president Phil Jackson appears to be handling Anthony’s situation.

“Phil made a statement basically that Carmelo’s a losing type of player. Well, if he’s a loser for the Knicks, he’s going to be a winner someplace else? That obviously didn’t help,” one Eastern Conference executive said.

“Tremendously,” another exec said when asked how much Jackson may have damaged Anthony’s trade value. “He essentially said, ‘I want to dump this guy.’ ”

After some eyebrow-raising incidents during the season — publicly supporting a negative article about Anthony, claiming the ball sticks with him — Jackson at season’s end made it clear the 10-time All-Star is as desirable as leprosy on the Knicks. This past week, Jackson reiterated he feels Anthony should be elsewhere.

“I think I expressed what I felt. I can’t express it any better,” Jackson said at the NBA Draft Combine, again surprising some peers.

“Most owners would just roast you if you said something like that,” the Eastern exec said, theorizing the return for Anthony could be “a protected first-round pick. It sure sounds like the Knicks want to get rid of him, so teams won’t give up any of their core to add him. That would be defeating the purpose.”

One opposing talent evaluator said Anthony is not the player he once was, but believes the soon-to-be 33-year-old forward deserves better.

“This kid has never really said anything horrible in the press where I look and say, ‘… I can’t believe he said that,’ ” the evaluator said. “He got a little sour at the end of the year. Who wouldn’t? All the stupid crap Stephon Marbury said and others. He gets — I don’t want to say bad press — but people have a bad opinion of him.

“He’s a go-to player. That’s what go-to players are: You throw them the ball. They score. He still can do that,” the exec added. “He played hard. He’s never been a good defender, but it’s not like [guys] they put on the other team’s worst player and they stand next to the guy. He actually has to guard his position.”

Anthony has a huge say in where he will play through his no-trade clause in a contract paying him $26.2 million next season. He has a 15 percent trade kicker. Teams often named as possible suitors are the Clippers, Cavaliers and Celtics.

“People have done their homework and watched Carmelo and how he interacts and plays,” the first Eastern exec said. “Carmelo obviously needs a change of scenery, probably does a better job in a different city, but you’ve got to look at how he would fit. But I don’t think people are going to break the bank and give New York what they initially want.

“Carmelo can fit in with anybody with the right role. Hell, he’s a talented guy. Not many guys can score like him, but he’s not the All-Star he was. He’s a very talented player, and if he goes to the right team and they tell him what role they’d like him to play, he could figure it out. … He has to accept, ‘OK, I’m not going to be the star, but I can play off a couple guys.’ ”

And if the Knicks can’t find a deal?

“He’s not going to help them, that’s for sure,” one veteran scout said. “If I’m him, I’d say, ‘These are the teams I’ll go to. This is where we want to live, so buy me out and I’ll make my own deal.’

“What are the Knicks going to say: ‘We want you to stay’? After Phil basically told him, ‘We don’t want you. Go somewhere else.’

Good job Phil.
"Stay true. Orange and Blue" - Jeff Van Gundy

2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION

I'm down with K-PorZee
H20Knick

Postby Don Che » May 15, 2017, 12:06 pm

contracts are contracts...i wouldnt be surprised if Phil just says ok cool...if you wont waive it...play next year and see how it goes.

person i really feel bad for is Jeff lol...Melo is in the drivers seat..Phil is stuck and reacted like a child rather than a business man...Jeff is just a innocent by standard at this point.
Don Che

Postby StevoStarks » May 15, 2017, 5:15 pm

Jax really fucked this situation up bad. He's a fucking amateur telling all of this "truth." He can't help himself. Reminds me of someone else holding down a very high level office in this country.....
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby taowave » May 15, 2017, 10:31 pm

As great a coach as Phil was,he is that awful of a GM.....

He has zero business being a GM. Interesting that he worked for 2 great GM's in Jerry West/Krause yet shows no ability to run a team.

The fact that his personal "rat" Rambis is still on the coaching staff is beyond comprehension
taowave

Postby Mr3037 » May 15, 2017, 11:25 pm

taowave wrote:The fact that his personal "rat" Rambis is still on the coaching staff is beyond comprehension

:thumbsup:
NYK Fan since 92
NYKFP Fan since 04

Mr3037

Postby taowave » May 16, 2017, 10:24 pm

Carmelo should be looking for the nearest exit door right about now
taowave

Postby Stressin » May 23, 2017, 2:48 pm

James Dolan gave ISO-Melo to much power in the Knicks organization to where teammates has no say so, head coaches n staff has no say so, and GM n president has no say so to Iso-Melo decisions and control.
Stressin

Postby taowave » May 23, 2017, 4:21 pm

I'm really starting to believe KP may be moved this year along with Melo. I

A Match Made in Heaven: Kristaps Porzingis to Boston?

Boston Celtics may be just the team to pry Kristaps Porzingis from the New York Knicks
Yup, you read that right. I firmly believe the Boston Celtics are going to try and test the trade waters for New York Knicks star center Kristaps Porzingis. Further than that, I think it would be the best thing for both franchises.

It’s no secret Porzingis isn’t happy with the Knicks franchise. Phil Jackson has gone absolutely power crazy. He’s made a rift in New York that started with Carmelo Anthony and now has made its way to their most valuable player.
Just a few weeks ago there was several reports that Porzingis did not show up to an exit meeting because of his frustration with the front office. New York Daily News then reported that Phil Jackson met with Kristaps brother and agent to speak about the instance. The talks apparently made “no substantial progress” according to ESPN’s Ian Begley.

To make matters worse, the Knicks just fired assistant coach John Longstaff who was closest to Porzingis. Frank Isola of Daily News is close to the situation and recently commented on it.

Phil Jackson sent Kristaps Porzingis the basketball equivalent of a Sicilian message by declining to retain assistant coach Josh Longstaff, who was Porzingis’ workout guy and confidant.

Apparently, Phil can’t get to Porzingis so he hurt someone close to him. That isn’t Zen. That’s Tony Soprano.

It’s also a very risky game Jackson is playing with Porzingis, the future of the club. The relationship between the second-year forward and the Knicks is on the rocks. This makes things worse, not better.

This makes one ask themselves, is Phil Jackson trying to drive Porzingis out of New York? And if so, where will Porzingis end up? The answer may be the Celtics.

It’s well documented the Celtics need a center and Porzingis is arguably the best young center in the league. The 7’3 big man averaged 18.1 points per game, 7.2 rebounds per game and 2 blocks per game this past season. If Boston were to add them to their squad he could immediately start next to Al Horford to form one of the deadliest front courts in basketball. Both big men would be able to space the floor on offense allowing Isaiah Thomas, Avery Bradley and Marcus Smart to attack the rim. Also, the two would provide the Celtics with a powerful defensive front court.

A trade for Porzingis would likely cost the Celtics their first overall selection this year and possibly a player like Jae Crowder. A trade like this would give the Knicks a replacement for Anthony and would allow them to go full rebuild by selecting either Markelle Fultz or Lonzo Ball first overall. Then they would be able to use their 8th pick in the draft to acquire a player to try and replace Porzingis like Jonathan Isaac.

This trade makes a lot of sense for both teams as it satisfies needs for each. The Knicks begin their total rebuild, while the Celtics get a young big man for the future. The only hold up would be if Boston feels like Fultz is a sure-fire superstar and not worth the offer.

Personally, I feel that this would be the only trade that the Celtics would be willing to make for their 2017 first overall selection. Players like Jimmy Butler and Paul George are both 6 years older than Porzingis and need the ball in their hands to play effectively. That won’t jell with Thomas’ playing style. Porzingis is effective both with and without the ball which is evident because of his time playing next to ball-hog Carmelo Anthony.

Whether the trade is made or not, it’s just a good feeling to know the Celtics have the assets to go after players like Kristaps Porzingis.

taowave

PreviousNext

Return to New York Knicks