Article - "Why Carmelo Anthony must leave Knicks..."

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: Article - "Why Carmelo Anthony must leave Knicks..."

Postby H20Knick » May 10, 2017, 9:06 am

lxn_ wrote:^^^^sadly I agree with that. Melo really wants LA. I just dont want Austin frekin Rivers and JJ redick in return. Lets hope melo loves NY to the point that he sees to it we get something good in return.
Here are the deals i would like Phil to avoid.
1. Melo to CLE for love straight up if Cle loses to warriors.
2. Melo for griffin straight up with no picks.
3. Melo for Rivers and redick.

Considering how often knicks fans whine that he should have waited til free agency to come here instead of forcing a trade that cost us players, and considering who our president is, I'm pretty sure Melo will have no regrets about leaving the knicks with the shaft

And why on earth would he go to Portland, you guys? They're not ready to contend. Melo is going to a team that's one player away. Not the damn Portland Trailblazers.
"Stay true. Orange and Blue" - Jeff Van Gundy

2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION

I'm down with K-PorZee
H20Knick

Postby lxn_ » May 10, 2017, 9:37 am

^^^ I think most here believe it is unlikely to happen as well. But that shouldnt mean that Phil does not even try calling portland then ask melo what he thinks.

Imagine for a moment this was a pelicans board and someone said Dell Demps should trade Galloway,evans ,hield late 1st and a 2nd round pick for cousins. Im sure someone would have said "why on earth would the kings do that, thats a crazy stupid deal they wouldnt trade a top center for a bag of cookies" And if demps didnt have the guts to call then they would have missed out on cousins.
lxn_

Postby Don Che » May 10, 2017, 10:03 am

lxn_ wrote:^^^^sadly I agree with that. Melo really wants LA. I just dont want Austin frekin Rivers and JJ redick in return. Lets hope melo loves NY to the point that he sees to it we get something good in return.
Here are the deals i would like Phil to avoid.
1. Melo to CLE for love straight up if Cle loses to warriors.
2. Melo for griffin straight up with no picks.
3. Melo for Rivers and redick.

I'm sorry but if you can get Blake Griffin for Melo..you say yes...and leave the room before anyone notices what just happened.

Guy is a 20/10 player and passes better than anyone on this team at the moment.

but i agree with 1/3 100%

if those are the only options...id rather just keep melo and be stern on the idea that if you dont defend/pass you dont play...simple as that. what this organization needs is accountability
Don Che

Postby Rusty La Rue » May 10, 2017, 10:21 am

Even though I do not want Blake Griffin I agree with Don that you cannot say no to that trade... Even with all his injury problems that is good value for Melo who himself have had numerous injuries... But again I do not want that trade... but if nothing else is available that is a trade we cannot reject... We need a new start without Melo...
"Everybody gets excited about youth except the coach, because he knows youth means mistakes, mistakes mean losses, losses means you're fired."
Rusty La Rue

Postby H20Knick » May 10, 2017, 10:31 am

How do you play Blake Griffin or Kevin Love and Kristaps Porzingis together though?

Are we just going to trade Griffin/Love to someone else?
"Stay true. Orange and Blue" - Jeff Van Gundy

2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION

I'm down with K-PorZee
H20Knick

Postby lxn_ » May 10, 2017, 10:46 am

Don Che wrote:
I'm sorry but if you can get Blake Griffin for Melo..you say yes...and leave the room before anyone notices what just happened.

Guy is a 20/10 player and passes better than anyone on this team at the moment.

but i agree with 1/3 100%

if those are the only options...id rather just keep melo and be stern on the idea that if you dont defend/pass you dont play...simple as that. what this organization needs is accountability

No doubt Griffin is still a great player but like what H2O said how do you play him next to KP? the problem here isnt lack of skill but the overall fit of guys you hope to have as a core. Griffin also has a ton of injury problems and isnt close with KPs age which is a big thing.
lxn_

Postby Don Che » May 10, 2017, 12:58 pm

Thats true...but I'm watching Gasol and LA play together...Marc and Zach did it for years.

Im planning on Melo being a 4 next year no matter what...and I'm not benching KP for that to happen. if Melo and Phil work it out and he stays...I was starting KP/Melo and whoever else to make those 2 work.

so....if Melo was worth that decision in my mind Blake is..hes stronger/faster/more athletic/better rebounder/passer that Melo is. So is it ideal?...not at all. Is it realistic?...not at all...but if it happened...i'd figure out a way to make Blake/KP work. Those 2 can make the most skilled frontline in the NBA..period. Just food for thought

Draft: Fox lets just say 7th.

Fox/Lee/Lance/Blake/KP ...in the East...is interesting as hell. We just watched the Bucks start Thon Maker at the 5 whos listed at 220 and his team didnt lose because of him either.
Don Che

Postby washingtonparkjones » May 10, 2017, 3:36 pm

Unless I'm missing something, you can't trade for Blake unless we're willing to sign him to a long term deal.

He has a player option and knows he can get at least 20 mil in this market. There is no scenario where he's coming here under his current contract.

Are people seriously willing to take on Griffin for 4-5 years? Really????
washingtonparkjones

Postby Don Che » May 10, 2017, 5:15 pm

how old is blake now?

hes prolly like 27....27-32 ..those are scary years for power forwards not named Duncan and Dirk
Don Che

Postby Mr3037 » May 10, 2017, 7:12 pm

I would say no to Griffin. I want someone 26y.o max or younger and picks.

Getting Blake isnt going to turn us into contenders it might get us to fight for like 8th in the EC which is pointless.
I'd much rather go with YOUTH and for the first time try to build for prolonged success.....not a half assed attempt at 'win now.'
NYK Fan since 92
NYKFP Fan since 04

23 years & counting...Bleeding Orange & Blue
Mr3037

Postby gradyandrew » May 10, 2017, 7:46 pm

washingtonparkjones wrote:Unless I'm missing something, you can't trade for Blake unless we're willing to sign him to a long term deal.

He has a player option and knows he can at least 20 mil in this market. There is no scenario where he's coming here under his current contract.

Are people seriously willing to take on Griffin for 4-5 years? Really????

When the options are what? DNP- CDing Melo next season to pressure him into accepting a trade to Portland? Trading him for Reddick and Austin Rivers? Hell yes I'd do Melo for Blake!
It’s not the frustration of the fans of us losing, they want to see the dog, they want to see that fight, they want to see that hunger inside of you. - THJ
gradyandrew

Postby big_j_NY » May 10, 2017, 7:57 pm

Don Che wrote:how old is blake now?

hes prolly like 27....27-32 ..those are scary years for power forwards not named Duncan and Dirk

Let's not forget that Blake's injury rate seems to be on-par with Amare's at this point in his career, and we all know how Amare ended up
#EmbraceTheTank2018

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Postby Mr3037 » May 10, 2017, 8:04 pm

No offense guys but come on, serious Blake Griffin?!?!?

Is that not such a TYPICAL Knicks of the last 10-20 years move?!?!?

YOUTH is the way to go!
NYK Fan since 92
NYKFP Fan since 04

Mr3037

Postby noypi » May 10, 2017, 9:12 pm

F*ck Blake Griffin. Let's get younger. That's why we suggested the Melo to Portland trade. He's not gonna win with the Clippers.

And those who wants Austin Rivers and a sign-and -trade JJ Redick for Melo, you must be on drugs. Redick's A MONTH YOUNGER THAN MELO. You can't sign him for multiple years at 16-18M per when our starting SG Lee is also 32 yrs old signed for 3 more years at 12M per. Noah, Lee and Redick??? Yeah same ole Knicks retooling instead of rebuilding FOH.
“I’m still chasing a championship, I’m just chasing it here in New York,’’ Anthony said. “I’ve come to peace with that. I’m doing it in my own way on my own time.”

http://nypost.com/2015/10/27/greatest-c ... -with-nyc/
noypi

Postby Mr3037 » May 10, 2017, 9:16 pm

noypi wrote:F*ck Blake Griffin. Let's get younger. That's why we suggested the Melo to Portland trade. He's not gonna win with the Clippers.

And those who wants Austin Rivers and a sign-and -trade JJ Redick for Melo, you must be on drugs. Redick's A MONTH YOUNGER THAN MELO. You can't sign him for multiple years at 16-18M per when our starting SG Lee is also 32 yrs old signed for 3 more years at 12M per. Noah, Lee and Redick??? Yeah same ole Knicks retooling instead of rebuilding FOH.

:clap:

We arent getting Rivers from Daddy's team anyway but there's no point trading Melo just to get back anyone close to his age on just as long a deal.
I'll take back a vet if there deal expires after next season or something but aside from a situation like that all I want is picks or players under 25-26.
NYK Fan since 92
NYKFP Fan since 04

Mr3037

Postby big_j_NY » May 10, 2017, 9:31 pm

I know all of us keep talking about how Carmelo could be traded from this team AND whether Carmelo will accept such a trade proposal or not.

However, there is one dark horse option that all of us are forgetting.............the possibility that Phil could just straight up WAIVE or CUT Carmelo from the roster and just let Carmelo walk onto another team for nothing at all while Phil "pays the rest of Carmelo's contract" to stay away from the Knicks.

The way Phil has been perceiving himself about Carmelo, the way Phil has been treating Carmelo in the media, and the amount of conviction Phil showed in that press conference of wanting to move Carmelo, Phil clearly wants Carmelo gone from the team before next season begins.

And I have a feeling Phil is the type of jackass that will probably put Carmelo Anthony on the waiver wire IF Phil cannot find a decent trade by September's training camp.

With the conviction that Phil has for wanting to get rid of Carmelo from the Knicks, I have the pessimistic feeling that if no trade occurs by September..........Phil Jackson will be willing to eat the remaining money and years from Carmelo's contract on the Knicks salary cap AND straight up cut Carmelo from the team before training camp beings.

Is that the fiscally responsible thing to do as a NBA team president? No, definitely not.

Do you believe Phil is the type of person to hold a grudge and possible utilize the "waiver wire option" just to make sure Carmelo leaves the team NO MATTER WHAT? Unfortunately, yes.
#EmbraceTheTank2018

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Postby Don Che » May 10, 2017, 10:44 pm

i really doubt that happens....fans would flip if we release him.

someone link up Lillard and Melo please lol
Don Che

Postby Mr3037 » May 10, 2017, 10:44 pm

Oh god big_j please dont do that!!!

Yeah I very much believe Phil COULD do that.........it would be so worse case for us getting nada back in return and STILL paying him......Starbury 2.0.

Most likely Melo will give Phil a list of teams he'd consider playing for, Phill will contact those teams, a couple will low ball us and Phil will bite just to get Melo gone......
NYK Fan since 92
NYKFP Fan since 04

Mr3037

Postby Mr3037 » May 10, 2017, 10:55 pm

When can we actually trade Melo btw?
NYK Fan since 92
NYKFP Fan since 04

Mr3037

Postby n8 the gr8 » May 10, 2017, 11:03 pm

Mr3037 wrote:When can we actually trade Melo btw?

As long as it takes Melo to waive his no-trade clause and for Phil to figure out how to use a fax machine. :D

Trades can happen between teams as soon as their season is over but they can't trade players with expiring contracts. Trades are usually on hold until draft night but it's just convention.
Trust Gaines
Doncic 2018
n8 the gr8

PreviousNext

Return to New York Knicks