Kristaps Porzingis skipped exit meetings

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: Kristaps Porzingis skipped exit meetings

Postby Don Che » April 15, 2017, 10:39 pm

Its just frustrating that KP doesn't see what most of us see along with Phil

But....if this is gonna become a kp problem....Phil gotta go BUT that doesn't change the fact Melo can't defend the 3 position...period

While Melo is a great teammate in regards to media and is a great teammate with his peers...everyone seems to like him....on the court its a different story. I've never seen Melo put his body on the line or do the little things to win..consistently gets beat and goes mano y mano rather than committing to the team concept UNLESS he IS the team concept.

So while Phil once again did it the wrong way....doesn't mean the guy was wrong in his thought.
Don Che

Postby taowave » April 16, 2017, 8:14 am

It's no secret that Melos best days as a 3 are long over.
They were close to over when Phil resigned him.

It's also no secret that the Knicks were best with Melo at the four and a distributor at the point.

Phil's not going to build an offense around Melo,nor should he. Melo should go.

With that said,Phil should be on a much shorter leash.He has been abysmal as a GM,and the culture is worse. I don't know how any owner can support a GM that not only loses at an unprecedented rate,but does so in a manner that would get most GM's fired.

Three 50 loss seasons,horrible trades,horrible signings and a revolving coaching door. If that's not enough,name one other GM who goes after his players publicly.
taowave

Postby Don Che » April 16, 2017, 11:56 am

If we resign Rose...for anything worth over 12 mill a year....I'll want Phil gone also

In my mind we gotta draft well...resign baker and holiday and not get killed in the Melo trade
Don Che

Postby rebound » April 16, 2017, 1:21 pm

taowave wrote:It's no secret that Melos best days as a 3 are long over.
They were close to over when Phil resigned him.

It's also no secret that the Knicks were best with Melo at the four and a distributor at the point.

Phil's not going to build an offense around Melo,nor should he. Melo should go.

With that said,Phil should be on a much shorter leash.He has been abysmal as a GM,and the culture is worse. I don't know how any owner can support a GM that not only loses at an unprecedented rate,but does so in a manner that would get most GM's fired.

Three 50 loss seasons,horrible trades,horrible signings and a revolving coaching door. If that's not enough,name one other GM who goes after his players publicly.

:thumbsup:
Phil Jackson is terrible.
rebound

Postby NYGM » April 16, 2017, 1:54 pm

Don Che wrote:If we resign Rose...for anything worth over 12 mill a year....I'll want Phil gone also

In my mind we gotta draft well...resign baker and holiday and not get killed in the Melo trade

Agree.. But we have to define what's not getting killed in the Melo deal?..

I guess Melo most likely destination is LA with the clippers... Replacing Melo with a + player in his position would be ideal...

What can we get from them? I'm not high about Austin Rivers, not feeling him as a leading guard (maybe a poors man DRose?).. After that is not much left in that squad...
NYGM

Postby H20Knick » April 16, 2017, 3:12 pm

You can't expect anything of value for Melo at this point. He'll be 33, Phil has played himself into a corner where he has no leverage, and Melo isn't the clearmissing piece for any team except maybe Boston. If you can get Rivers, Brice Johnson, and a 1st rounder, you do it. Rivers may not be the fit here, but he certainly has trade value. You can move him to someone else that's higher on him... or you can just appreciate having a young shooting guard. But you're not replacing Melo with anyone that's going to be better than Melo.

I don't even want anybody back for Melo who is over the age of 26. We're not close to being contenders, just stick to rebuilding.

The obvious dream guy to get in return is Jae Crowder, but I don't think Boston would give him up. See, the problem with scapegoating someone, publicly saying they stop ball movement and play no defense, is that you make it way harder to get players back in return for them. Phil would be the worst used car salesman in the history of man

If we get melo off the books, we can make max deals for Porter or Caldwell-Pope. Think of that as your trade return. Not saying either would make it out of RFA, but if you offer a max, you have a chance. I'd reallyjust be happy with a prospect and a pick or two.
"Stay true. Orange and Blue" - Jeff Van Gundy

2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION

I'm down with K-PorZee
H20Knick

Postby NYGM » April 16, 2017, 5:40 pm

We didn't have any leverage with Melo IMO.. He's what he is right now, everyone knows..

I see someone like Jae Crowder being great fit but also need to be real..

Austin Rivers (i'm not sold on him) + a 1st seems to me good right now..

Totally agree with getting young players only..

A guy like Igoudala would be great, but that's a long shot..
NYGM

Postby gradyandrew » April 17, 2017, 8:48 am

@tao, Pat Riley called out LeBron publicly after he complained about the heat cutting Mike Miller. Don't forget that the big 3 had mutually agreed to less money in order to sit Miller.
Championship or bust.
gradyandrew

Postby Don Che » April 17, 2017, 9:38 am

Jae Crowder this split second is hard person to get but last time he was a FA...no one really was going crazy for him...Phil was tho.

We are in the position of getting the NEXT Jae Crowder or NEXT George Hill.

Which are things are easy to do if you provide opportunity and if he fits how we play.

Phil is a complete idiot for telling the truth so bluntly to the media.

All he had to say was...we will talk to Melo and evaluate the best options for us and I will keep the Knicks organization in mind with him either staying or going. done thats it

then tell Melo man to man..son its best you leave for both of us unless you play the 4 and KP gains 20 pounds this offseason...you should go to a contender right now.

As for KP....i still cant believe hes so mad over this..he has his best friend here...hes getting the keys and i get he wants to win..but hes had melo for 2 years..he hasnt won yet so why be so worried if he's not there?
Don Che

Postby shakespeare » April 17, 2017, 10:19 am

shakespeare wrote:Phil needs to grow up.
Carmelo needs to grow up.
Porzingis needs to grow up.

I'm saying Phil needs to grow up, cause after he threw his franchise player under the bus, he comes right back and does the same knowing it would create another media firestorm as well as rub Melo the wrong way. IF he said these things to Melo in a face-to-face manner, then there'd be no need to repeat in front of the press. So I doubt he said as much, which makes him a coward, not to mention how at some point Phil gotta ask himself how can he sign top-notch free agents if he's dragging Melo in the media? I would ask how does he expect to receive anything substantial in a trade with Melo, but I believe he simply wants Melo gone.

Melo needs to grow up, cause at the end of the day, Phil Jackson isn't lying in his criticism. The majority of NYKFP have said the exact same things about Melo's game at one point or another. Despite Phil being a world-class coward, everything he's said about Melo in a basketball-related sense is absolutely true. If I were Melo, I'd speak on how Phil re-signed me (and my style of play) and how New York hasn't enjoyed a winning season via Phil's moves, instead of the passive aggressive IG post that solves nothing.

Porzingis needs to grow up, cause he's straight up childish. I'm still thinking about how he liked a disrespectful Instagram post aimed at your teammate Joakim Noah, knowing it would create a media firestorm. Although true, he took his complaint public which, ironically, is the exact same thing Phil Jackson did. So if KP didn't have a problem with his own actions, then how can he have a problem with Phil's actions? KP can't have it both ways.

I'm a diehard Knickerbocker fan. I'll be that long after Phil, Melo, and KP are gone. I want each of these multi-millionaires to put their personal agendas to the side and respect my favorite NBA team.

Oh, and stop being the laughingstock of the league and win some damn basketball games.
The Porzingis blessing is real.
shakespeare
Writer

Postby shakespeare » April 17, 2017, 10:22 am

Don Che wrote:
Phil is a complete idiot for telling the truth so bluntly to the media.

Now that's what I'm saying.
shakespeare
Writer

Postby shakespeare » April 17, 2017, 10:29 am

nazrmohamed wrote:This is being way overblown.

AGREED.

"New York, New York, big city of dreams, but everything in New York ain't always what it seems."
shakespeare
Writer

Postby thewatcher » April 17, 2017, 11:08 am

Yeah it's no big deal, but I would give up KP for the Boston pick. Love KP, but Fultz seems much more resilient, and a great piece to build a franchise on.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
thewatcher

Postby nazrmohamed » April 17, 2017, 11:26 am

gradyandrew wrote:@tao, Pat Riley called out LeBron publicly after he complained about the heat cutting Mike Miller. Don't forget that the big 3 had mutually agreed to less money in order to sit Miller.

But he stopped short of bashing his abilities. Spoke more about things fans don't care about, like his need to act as player- GM. Most teams would ignore that our actually relish his ability to attract players
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby taowave » April 17, 2017, 11:28 am

When you are winning 50 games per you can say whatever you want and the media puts a positive spin on it.

When you are losing 50 games per, anything you say will be ripped to shreds by the media..

Simple solution ??

Start winning
taowave

Postby Don Che » April 17, 2017, 12:05 pm

Tao...you know everything was negative with Ewing was taking us to the conference finals every year right?

Also we just have to win with a young squad

Baker/Lee/Jackson/KP/Will(aka a young team) getting 45 wins will bring us more positive spin than Rose/Lee/Melo/KP/Noah getting 45 wins..the expectations are totally different.

and losing this year and in 2015 is the smartest thing we could do..last year was a casualty of Grunnie being trigger happy...Not current management
Don Che

Postby taowave » April 17, 2017, 1:37 pm

Don,I dont ask much,but 3 years of 50 plus losses is really starting to get on my nerves...

I am all for a young squad.

Don,do you really think Phil wants Hornacek to coach?

Don Che wrote:Tao...you know everything was negative with Ewing was taking us to the conference finals every year right?

Also we just have to win with a young squad

Baker/Lee/Jackson/KP/Will(aka a young team) getting 45 wins will bring us more positive spin than Rose/Lee/Melo/KP/Noah getting 45 wins..the expectations are totally different.

and losing this year and in 2015 is the smartest thing we could do..last year was a casualty of Grunnie being trigger happy...Not current management
taowave

Postby StevoStarks » April 17, 2017, 2:04 pm

Phil fucks up everything he touches now. He's an absolute moron. Run Melo out and move on to KP.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby taowave » April 17, 2017, 2:12 pm

Well said :clap:

Phil always needs a scapegoat

Tired and frustrated with the drama between the New York Knicks and superstar Carmelo Anthony, Kristaps Porzingis has skipped the team exit interview and started his offseason vacation in his home country of Latvia. Knicks team president Phil Jackson earlier said Anthony "would be better off somewhere else".

According to Yahoo! Sports, Porzingis is planning to extend his stay in Latvia and return to New York until closer to start of training camp. Porzingis' decision to skip the exit interview is a sign of solidarity with Anthony and a protest to the way the team has been treating the superstar.

Ryan Devault of Inquisitr.com said Porzingis might ask for a trade after just two years of drama-filled stint with the Knicks. If Anthony is traded, the Knicks are planning to make Porzingis the cornerstone of their team and build around him.

However, that might not be the case if Porzingis insists on being traded in the offseason. In an earlier interview, Porzingis said Anthony's presence makes it easier for him to do his thing.

"I think it would make life harder for me on the court if Anthony was traded," Porzingis said in an interview last March. "He makes stuff easier for me. There's still a lot more things I want to learn from Melo. So I would love to have him around for a long time. I always love playing with Melo."

Phil fucks up everything he touches now. He's an absolute moron. Run Melo out and move on to KP.
taowave

Postby Don Che » April 17, 2017, 2:21 pm

I totally understand that its rough to see your team lose as much as we have seen them lose but maybe im so used to the Zeke years of us getting 23 wins and no draft picks that this to me is actually abetter situation.

And teams have built teams the slow way...take your franchise guys and take 5 years to build them a winner and the only way they did that..was drafting well and building a cutulre slowly.

As for your question.....not at all Phil wants himself but settles for Rambis and Jeff is his 3rd choice..which is unfair to Jeff..and idiotic and why Phil should of kept Fisher and worked it out but he did the brash move out of impulse and not thinking on it.

Phil has to go because hes done too many dumb things outside of the record.

but I do feel what he said was accurate..just not the time/place/perspective/job for him to do so.
Don Che

PreviousNext

Return to New York Knicks