Phil Admits the Melo Era Should End

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: Phil Admits the Melo Era Should End

Postby taowave » April 26, 2017, 3:51 pm

Don..Let's be honest..

Had Phil had the 3rd pick last year,he would have drafted Okafor.If that isn't bad enough,he would have paired him with Greg Monroe.

But the B-ball gods were kind, Philly saved us and Monroe flipped us the bird.

And what does Phil do beside firing coaches and dropping 50 games per?

He bashes the guy he gave an NTC and literally chases our future out the door.

That's your guy???
taowave

Postby Don Che » April 26, 2017, 4:53 pm

I'm not going to concern myself with what could of happened...I look at what is.

And I repeat years ago..before Phil was here...I wanted to be in the lottery in 2015 and 2017, I always felt building thru the draft was the way to go..so seeing us trade first round picks for eddy curry/melo/tracy and lord knows who else.

outside of the obvious mistakes...I would of built things the same way. Even tho i do feel Fisher/Robin/Grant would of led us to the playoffs this year but does that core have championship talent? no

I personally like:

KP/Baker/Will/Noah/Holiday/Quin/Randle/Lance(eh maybe not)/Plumlee/Ndour

i like our role players....we just need real stars to lead them.

Oh and I also like Jeff....Fisher grew on me...hated Rambis
Don Che

Postby taowave » April 26, 2017, 5:41 pm

What we have now is a mess.

Have you ever seen a star second year player blow off an exit interview,scrap his summer plans and bolt to play international ball without letting his coach or management know?

Phil should fire Rambis and let Jeff choose his staff
taowave

Postby Don Che » April 26, 2017, 6:41 pm

Couldn't agree more regarding rambis
Don Che

Postby cragganmor » April 26, 2017, 7:04 pm

he's had the opportunity to be interim hc, the defensive coordinator, bad results both times.
cragganmor

Postby rio45 » April 26, 2017, 11:10 pm

Phil has been really lucky coach with teams like bulls and lakers.
Its really interesting to see how he will handle this situation now.

its really great opportunity to build totally new team, i wouldnt follow typical scenario like 2 worldclass players and other roleplayers.
I would hire promising rookies and built a team from scratch.
rio45

Postby Sarsippius » May 9, 2017, 8:38 pm

Sarsippius

Postby Don Che » May 10, 2017, 1:01 pm

Donnie was the reason that didnt work.

but that is typical Melo at that time.

just funny to see how ppl feel bad for him now when hes the guy on the plank
Don Che

Postby spree#8 » May 10, 2017, 1:45 pm

taowave wrote:What we have now is a mess.

Have you ever seen a star second year player blow off an exit interview,scrap his summer plans and bolt to play international ball without letting his coach or management know?

Phil should fire Rambis and let Jeff choose his staff

As far as I know he can't do that without the Knicks consent. As I said in another thread, skipping the exit interview is a bad move by KP though.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby StevoStarks » May 10, 2017, 3:26 pm

Don Che wrote:Donnie was the reason that didnt work.

but that is typical Melo at that time.

just funny to see how ppl feel bad for him now when hes the guy on the plank

The way Phil has dogged him in the media has been beyond unprofessional and I don't think that Melo or anyone else for that matter deserves to be treated like that.

But he's far from a saint and definitely would pull the puppet strings like Lebron or any other "star" would, i.e., Pringles. I'm sure I'm being naive by saying I don't want to have that kind of star leverage on this team if possible, but I'm tired of bullshit in this organization. Preferential treatment, behind the scenes shit talking, overall unprofessional tyranny from the Dolan throne....
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby Geolink » May 13, 2017, 8:32 am

This is all going to be a really interesting chapter in Melo's autobio one day.
Not changing until the Knicks win round 1 of the Eastern Conference playoffs. 12/10/2012

Geolink wrote:Must be nice to sit out for months from your job, still earn millions in guaranteed money, and fucking a nice model girlfriend at a tropical beach...
Geolink

Postby Minkaveli » May 21, 2017, 9:20 pm

Melo on Knicks before Phil: 141-117, 3 playoff appearances.
Melo on Knicks with Phil: 80-166, 0 playoff appearances.
No longer sick and tired that Kurt wasn't hired.
Minkaveli

Postby taowave » May 21, 2017, 9:50 pm

Just when you think it can get worse,that ass hat Jackson fires Kp' s favorite assistant.At this point I would not be shocked to see KP traded for a top pick.

The New York Knicks and Kristaps Porzingis are having a rocky offseason and things likely just got a whole lot worse. On Sunday the Knicks announced they would not be renewing the contract of Josh Longstaff, who happens to be Porzingis’ favorite assistant coach on the team. Something tells me this isn’t going to end well.

The offseason started with Porzingis skipping exit meetings with the team’s front office, and continued down a dark path when Porzingis ignored a text from head coach Jeff Hornacek. Now the franchise has extended president Phil Jackson’s contract and fired Longstaff, who is tight with the budding Latvian star.

Porzingis and Longstaff are so close, that New York’s young stud reportedly requested for him to serve as an assistant on the Latvian national team this summer at the European Championships. The 34-year-old Longstaff was mostly involved with player development, which is how he got close to Porzingis and the team’s other young players.

This is just moronic. Porzingis is a 21-year-old who has guard skills despite being 7’3″ and 240 pounds. While he regressed a bit in advanced metrics during his second season, the former lottery pick did set career highs in points (18.1), assists (1.5), blocks (2.0) and minutes (32.8) per game. He also upped his field goal percentage from 42.1 to 45.0 and his 3-point percentage from 33.3 to 35.7. The Knicks should be doing everything they can to appease him right now, not messing with his head.

None of this is good for Knicks fans, who clearly want the team to dump Carmelo Anthony as quickly as possible and build around Porzingis.

As it stands right now, the Knicks and Porzingis have a really damaged relationship. Something has to change if they want their young start to get back into the fold and fully buy-in to the franchise.
taowave

Postby big_j_NY » May 21, 2017, 10:13 pm

Does Phil want to dump all of his star players now?

I mean, is he really that senile and cynical that he is going to rebuild the team around a roster of "slow ass fuck" players to play the Triangle? Even though its proven that the Triangle can work in an uptempo setting in a pretty good-size doses from teams like the Warriors and Spurs?!

RETIRE PHIL, FUCKING RETIRE
#EmbraceTheTank2018

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Postby Don Che » May 21, 2017, 10:19 pm

They are both to blame....Phil needs to evolve and grow up and KP needs to be more realistic on his expectations.... he's had 2 years with Melo and lost. Trust in young talent and work Ur a$$ off this off season to be the man.

Hopefully all this will blow over soon.
Don Che

Postby Geolink » May 22, 2017, 2:16 am

Dolan sitting back smoking a cigar while he watches Phil burn his basketball franchise piece by piece.

He's gonna let Phil ruin the relationship between his future star and the organization without stepping in and doing something.

Gonna be an interesting two years (I think Phil's contract left). Good job. :clap:
Not changing until the Knicks win round 1 of the Eastern Conference playoffs. 12/10/2012

Geolink wrote:Must be nice to sit out for months from your job, still earn millions in guaranteed money, and fucking a nice model girlfriend at a tropical beach...
Geolink

Postby nazrmohamed » May 22, 2017, 8:16 am

^^^^^We can't have it both ways. He hired a HOF basketball mind and told us he'd stay the F out the way. We applauded.

Three years later and that's exactly what he's doing. I got nothing bad to say about Dolan minus some bad pr that has nothing to do with what's going on in the court.
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby maxinquaye11 » May 22, 2017, 8:52 am

Lesson : Don't skip exit meetings.

..and that we must go back to the 2pg. Welcome back coach Prigioni.
 " Stat at 3 was code for Melo playing in the low post..." - n8 the gr8

"I don't ever wanna hear anyone bash max's 2 pg love again." - H20Knick

"Cant lie, he did play better off the bench." - nazrmohammed

" WE GOT JUSTIN HOLIDAY! " - maxinquaye11 on Derrick Rose trade day
maxinquaye11

Postby taowave » May 22, 2017, 9:27 am

I agree with the exit meeting..Bad look,and there must be consequences..

Unfortuantely,Phil has handled things soooo badly that people overlook kP's role in this..

Things are getting uglier,which is hard to believe...

Maybe trading kP for the number 1 is the way to go,assuming Boston is good to go..

Would anyone take Randle and Russel for KP?

maxinquaye11 wrote:Lesson : Don't skip exit meetings.

..and that we must go back to the 2pg. Welcome back coach Prigioni.
taowave

Postby H20Knick » May 22, 2017, 9:49 am

taowave wrote:Maybe trading kP for the number 1 is the way to go,assuming Boston is good to go..

Would anyone take Randle and Russel for KP?

KP for the 1st pick? Maybe. But I'd probably want a future 1st rounder as well (considering we know KP won't be a bust, but Fultz might be.)

KP for Randle and Russell? Absofuckinglutely not.
"Stay true. Orange and Blue" - Jeff Van Gundy

2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION

I'm down with K-PorZee
H20Knick

PreviousNext

Return to New York Knicks