2017-2018 Tank

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

ISIAH_THOMAS
Likes given: 52

Coin flip like last year with the Timberwolves if both nets and knicks tie with same record

Root for the nets to win vs boston
Fxck Adam Silver
PistolPete
Likes given: 5

1. Phoenix Suns - Deandre Ayton

2. Memphis Grizzlies - Luka Doncic

3. Atlanta Hawks - Jaren Jackson Jr.

4. Orlando Magic - Marvin Bagley III

5. Dallas Mavericks - Mohamed Bamba

6. Sacramento Kings - Wendell Carter Jr.

7. Chicago Bulls - Trae Young

8. Cleveland Cavaliers (via Nets) - Michael Porter Jr. :drool:

9. New York Knicks - Collin Sexton

10. Philadelphia 76ers (via Lakers) - Mikal Bridges

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2018/4/9/172 ... l-60-picks
Damn it feels good to be a tankster.
Starbury3
Likes given: 0

We have an obvious guard logjam and some of you are advocated for drafting Trae and Sexton. I will be the first to admit that I like Sexton. Guy is a pitbull.

But with Dotson and Frank both playing well as of late what is the realistic solution if we draft ANOTHER GUARD?

Rookie Guard, Frank, Burke, Dotson, Mudiay, and you can even say Timmy.....I really don't see how we don't take a forward but I am curious to hear solutions.
Last edited by Starbury3 on April 10th, 2018, 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 160

ISIAH_THOMAS wrote:Coin flip like last year with the Timberwolves if both nets and knicks tie with same record

Root for the nets to win vs boston
Root for Chicago to beat Detroit as well for 7th :drool:
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
taowave
Likes given: 817

Michael Porter Jr appears to be slipping and possibly going 7 or 8.Is that realistic? Hell if I know,but barring any major structural damage,that's my guy.Of course,if he is there,it's probably due to his back..

My point is not too underestimate how significant moving up 2 spots could be. We are living proof.
spree#8 wrote:Tell me who is that guy. Before the draft. Who realistically is there at 7. Not sure why we even discuss this though, because the context of my post was that I wouldn't trade down in this year's draft, because I think we can get a better player at 9 than at 13-16.

All moot anyway, because we did all we could to get the highest odds and can't control everything. So we have no choice but to be fine with where we pick.
shakespeare
Likes given: 0

Question for NYKFP members:

1) Who are the All-NBAers in the top 10?
2) Who are the All-Stars in the top 10?
3) Who are the role players in the top 10?

Also, I saw where the 8th pick in the draft has 8.3% chance of landing one of the top 3 picks. Has any team ever landed that high after the ping pong balls were selected?
#TeamTank
ISIAH_THOMAS
Likes given: 52

shakespeare wrote:Question for NYKFP members:

1) Who are the All-NBAers in the top 10?
2) Who are the All-Stars in the top 10?
3) Who are the role players in the top 10?

Also, I saw where the 8th pick in the draft has 8.3% chance of landing one of the top 3 picks. Has any team ever landed that high after the ping pong balls were selected?
1. I see Ayton ,doncic and maybe Bagley and trae young.

2. porter Jr? Sexton I think he has the will to be very good,

3. Mikal, Wendell carter, JJJ but he could also be an all star,Miles bridges,bamba don't know about his offense
Fxck Adam Silver
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

Starbury3 wrote:We have an obviousl guard logjam and some of you are advocated for drafting Trae and Sexton. I will be the first to admit that I like Sexton. Guy is a pitbull.

But with Dotson and Frank both playing well as of late what is the realistic solution if we draft ANOTHER GUARD?

Rookie Guard, Frank, Burke, Dotson, Mudiay, and you can even say Timmy.....I really don't see how we don't take a forward but I am curious to hear solutions.
rookie, frank, burke, dotson is the right amount of guards really. Sadly, Mudiay blows. Damyean hasn't proven enough to influence my draft decisions. Burke will either come back next year and build upon this or we'll realize this was a flash in the pan that we've seen with so many late-in-a-wasted-knicks-season success stories before. If he's good, well that's fantastic. Let him start and ease the rookie's development like we did with Frank. I actually think Frank's development has come along quite nicely, especially since it appears his reduced playtime has given him the ability to develop physically in ways that other guys couldn't.

Burke/Rookie
Frank/Dotson

Yes, this brings us to THJ. He's just going to have to keep playing the 3 spot until we find a better option.
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
noypi
Likes given: 24

I dunno what I see in Sexton but I have a feeling he's gonna be really good. Just like how I felt about Donovan Mitchell when I watched his videos working out with Ntilikina and Chris Brickley in Melo's gym. Maybe we can get a better look at him after the team workouts.

As for the logjam if we pick Sexton, maybe we can package some of them guards like Mudiay, Tim, Dotson and a 2019 1st round pick for Kawhi. 8-) But I'm afraid they'd want Ntilikina over Mudiay which I would perfectly be fine parting with if Kawhi is healthy.

Sexton, Mudiay/Ntilikina, Kawhi, KP, Kanter
Burke, KOQ, Lee, Beasley, Troy, Kornet, Hicks, Grayson Allen/Trevon Duval/Jevon Carter/Melvin Frazier (2nd round pick)
“I’m still chasing a championship, I’m just chasing it here in New York,’’ Anthony said. “I’ve come to peace with that. I’m doing it in my own way on my own time.”

http://nypost.com/2015/10/27/greatest-c ... -with-nyc/
NewlyKnicked

shakespeare wrote:Question for NYKFP members:
Allow me to raise the opticism around here:

1990. Seattle SuperSonics (10th best odds) got the 2nd pick with 3.1% chance at top 2 and selected Gary Payton
1993, Orlando Magic (11th best odds) got the 1st pick with 1.5% chance at top pick and selected Chris Webber
1999. Charlotte Hornets (14th best odds) got the 3rd pick with 1.8% chance at top 3 and selected Baron Davis
2007. Seattle SuperSonics (5th best odds) got the 2nd pick with 18.5% chance at top 2 and selected Kevin Durant
2007. Portland Trail Blazers (6th best odds) got the 1st pick with 5.7% chance at top pick and selected Greg Oden
2008. Chicago Bulls (9th best odds) got the 1st pick with 1.7% chance at top pick and selected Derrick Rose
2011. Cleveland Cavaliers (from Clippers, 8th best odds) got the 1st pick with 2.8% chance at top pick and selected Kyrie Irving
2011. Utah Jazz (from Nets, 6th best odds) got the 3rd pick with 25.2% chance at top 3 and selected Enes Kanter
2014. Cleveland Cavaliers (9th best odds) got the 1st pick with 1.7% chance at top pick and selected Andrew Wiggins
2017. Boston (from Sacramento via Philadelphia swap, 8th best odds) got the 3rd pick with a 10% chance at top 3 and selected Jayson Tatum

If I'm not mistaken, those are the major upsets in the modern lottery
NewlyKnicked

Some pretty nice names :drool:
spree#8
Likes given: 540

Tao, no argument. That's why we try everything in our power to get as high at possible. The final odds are not in our hand though, so once the order is set, we can't worry about picks above us. We can only worry about the talent available when we pick and I think we will have a good pool available at 7, 8 or 9.

BTW: can't already be tomorrow so we can get finished?
#knickstape
taowave

I like what I am seeing from Frank and Burke lately..

Frank is far more aggressive,and Burke has brought his game in and is becoming a better distributor...

Where i slightly disagree with you is I think Burke will be a 6th man. I do not think the 8yh pick in the draft is a flash in the pan.He can play,and probably deserves to start.

Frank will start at the PG

Hardaway will be our 2...

I can not see us drafting a PG,so i think our SF woes will be addressed in the draft...

H20Knick wrote:
rookie, frank, burke, dotson is the right amount of guards really. Sadly, Mudiay blows. Damyean hasn't proven enough to influence my draft decisions. Burke will either come back next year and build upon this or we'll realize this was a flash in the pan that we've seen with so many late-in-a-wasted-knicks-season success stories before. If he's good, well that's fantastic. Let him start and ease the rookie's development like we did with Frank. I actually think Frank's development has come along quite nicely, especially since it appears his reduced playtime has given him the ability to develop physically in ways that other guys couldn't.

Burke/Rookie
Frank/Dotson

Yes, this brings us to THJ. He's just going to have to keep playing the 3 spot until we find a better option.
taowave

Just looked at odd tracker..

7 is where you start t have a semi human shot of landing top 3..

8,9 could easily slip to 10.

7 could easily slip 1,but at least the shot at a top 3 are ther
spree#8 wrote:Tao, no argument. That's why we try everything in our power to get as high at possible. The final odds are not in our hand though, so once the order is set, we can't worry about picks above us. We can only worry about the talent available when we pick and I think we will have a good pool available at 7, 8 or 9.

BTW: can't already be tomorrow so we can get finished?
thewatcher
Likes given: 2626

If we pick before NJ (Cleveland) it will be a job well done :clap:
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
StevoStarks
Likes given: 9

taowave wrote:I like what I am seeing from Frank and Burke lately..

Frank is far more aggressive,and Burke has brought his game in and is becoming a better distributor...

Where i slightly disagree with you is I think Burke will be a 6th man. I do not think the 8yh pick in the draft is a flash in the pan.He can play,and probably deserves to start.

Frank will start at the PG

Hardaway will be our 2...

I can not see us drafting a PG,so i think our SF woes will be addressed in the draft...
Kind of sums it up for me Tao. Young and Sexton, if available, are going to give me pause. But I can't imagine us taking another guard. We have 2 legitimate starters in Burke and Hardaway and Frank is doing his best to get into the conversation. In hopes that Dotson can emerge as well and Mudiay coming back next season, I just don't want to have a logjam on our hands to stunt any growth or chemistry.

We NEED a SF in the worst way, and I don't think I can take watching Lance get rolled out next season. We need that stud SF that can be part of the future.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
spree#8

The tank job is obviously not done yet, but for everyone to feel good here the records since Feb. 1 in reverse order:
PHO 2-27
MEM 4-27
NY 5-24
DAL 8-21
ORL 9-22
ATL 9-21
CHI 9-21
BRO 9-20
SAC 10-21
CHA 14-17
DET 14-17
LAK 15-15

Now let's hope that BRO and/or CHI win one more...
#knickstape
taowave

Pretty sure we can't count on another Tanker..

Let's go Brooklyn!!
spree#8 wrote:The tank job is obviously not done yet, but for everyone to feel good here the records since Feb. 1 in reverse order:
PHO 2-27
MEM 4-27
NY 5-24
DAL 8-21
ORL 9-22
ATL 9-21
CHI 9-21
BRO 9-20
SAC 10-21
CHA 14-17
DET 14-17
LAK 15-15

Now let's hope that BRO and/or CHI win one more...
spree#8

Mikal Bridges has declared for the draft today, so now it's just Wendell Carter who is left among college guys.
#knickstape
Don Che
Likes given: 9

Interesting short video going over champions in the modern era