2017-2018 Tank

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

spree#8
Likes given: 540

Looking at the standings, 7 teams look so bad, that it will be hard to fall behind them: Orlando, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Sacramento, Phoenix and Memphis. Brooklyn and the Lakers have no reason to tank, but the Nets are still pretty bad, so my guess is we end up with the 8th to 9th best chances in the lottery.
#knickstape
Koopa Troopa
Likes given: 0

rebound wrote:this team should be top 8.
without kp and resting tim and kanter
the lineup of
jack
lee
lance
beasley
center

should be good for about 4 more wiins this season. unfortunately the 7 teams outside of brooklyn are all competing wiith each other and probably wont win more than 10 games which they would need to for the knicks to pass them.

8th pick i think is where we land.
Dont worry, this team wont be beating anyone anytime soon. Jeff will make sure of it. Hes the greatest unintentional tanker in the history of BBall.
taowave
Likes given: 817

Well,Our promising Willie H has been given away for a bag of peanuts...KP is out.....

Its time for what was the correct move all along

It's time to activate the development of Frank Ntilikina by putting the rookie in the starting lineup and extending his minutes. It's time to unglue Willy Hernangomez from the bench if he's not traded. It's time to experiment with youthful lineups and give an opportunity to Damyean Dotson. The worst that can happen is the Knicks lose and improve their draft lottery status. Or, maybe that's the best thing that can happen. What nobody should witness again is Jarrett Jack bringing up the ball and passing it to Michael Beasley for an isolation move that sucks the air out of player development.
rebound
Likes given: 1104

disappointing to see brooklyn play so poorly for cleveland's benefit.

don't think they have it in them to win more games than the knicks this season. going 4-0 against them might come back to haunt the knicks.

lakers however should easily pass the knicks.

9th pick :(
TOM THIBODEAU'S NEW YORK KNICKS PRESENT:
HEROBALL. A STORY OF THE MID RANGE FADEAWAY JUMPER.
STARRING JALEN BUMSON AND DUBIOUS HANDLES.
shakespeare

Arizona’s DeAndre Ayton, Duke’s Marvin Bagley III, Oklahoma’s Trae Young, Texas’ Mo Bamba and Michigan State’s Jaren Jackson Jr. should all be on the radar of NBA fans with a potential top-five pick on the line. Missouri’s Michael Porter Jr. is also in that mix, but currently injured. European star Luka Doncic won’t be on television sets during March Madness

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com ... -pick/amp/
Don’t tell me how a Top 5 pick assures nothing.

If New York doesn’t position itself for one of the Top 5 picks, especially after Porzingis suffered devastating injury, then this franchise is truly lost.
#TeamTank
Don Che
Likes given: 9

if this happened a month ago...i think we'd have no issue being top 5 but now....we would have to win 5 games the rest of the season to be in the top 5 category
shakespeare

We’re only 6 wins better than the worst teams in the league.

Truth be told, we might only win 5 games or less during the remainder of the season.
#TeamTank
Don Che

this is also a weird draft.....if we have the 1st pick i guess we will all have a different answer.

obv id want us to have it still but...its more nerve wrecking with this draft class being a front line based class in a perimeter based NBA we have now.
spree#8
Likes given: 540

ONLY 6 wins more in a tank race. Lol.
#knickstape
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

we can do it. i believe in the tank. top 5 pick here we come.

Bagley or JJJ would probably work really well at the 4 spot with KP at the 5. I like JJJ's defense, but Bagley's got a lot of offensive tools. I've always liked MPJ and he could fall due to injury and still turn out to be the best player from the class. Then there's Donkic, my dream, which is saying a lot because I always seem to dislike the euros in the lottery. Ayton/Bamba will go elsewhere and make one of these 4 guys fall to us if we can get in the top 6. And then my hopes and dreams for this season will be fulfilled. Sorry KP had to suffer for this to happen... but these are the breaks.

I'm not afraid to take Trae Young though. There was this little scrawny dude who kept throwing up insane numbers at davidson and I mocked the idea of drafting him. I was certain he couldnt do that in the nba against the big boys. I was clearly very very very wrong.

Without KP, this is absolutely achievable. there's still 30 games left. we just need teams to lose 4 of every 6 games they play while we lose 5 of every 6 games we play and we're in the top 7. Get it done.

I swear though. If THJ hits a buzzer beater in the last game of the season and moves us down 3 spots again, i might lose it completely
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
Don Che

I think realistically we will be 6th easily....Sacramento/Nets/PHX/Dallas/ATL/Orlando are pretty bad also...not sure if we can out tank them.

if we get 6th tho....I think we leave with Michael Porter...or Bamba and thats fine by me...either way we incline towards offense or defense...both of those things suck anyway
Red

^^^^How many of those team do we see head to head for the remainder?
The Mecca of Mess
Don Che

not sure Red....imagine Mudiay turns into who KSFL always dreamed he would be and carries us to the 9th seed lmaooo

that would be the most knicks thing ever
rebound

i want to go after jabari.

mudiay
timmy
rookie or jabari
jabari or rookie
kp

frank
baker or dotson
lance
beas
kanter

this team makes me happy

if knicks find a taker for lee and oquinn opts out they shoudl have the cap space to offer him a max yea?
rebound

julius randle might be a good alternative.
Don Che

Julius Randle and KP.....would be a tough cover
taowave
Likes given: 817

I have a one acl tear limit..
rebound wrote:i want to go after jabari.

mudiay
timmy
rookie or jabari
jabari or rookie
kp

frank
baker or dotson
lance
beas
kanter

this team makes me happy

if knicks find a taker for lee and oquinn opts out they shoudl have the cap space to offer him a max yea?
Don Che

hahaha facts
Don Che

not for nothing...phoenix might get better with Payton along with Booker now.....helps our tank
CommonSense
Likes given: 13

The best way to estimate where we’ll land is probably to look at how many of these “top 10” teams play eachother for the rest of the year. I know we had a soft early sched so maybe we’ll be okay.
The future ain't what it used to be~Yogi Berra

Inaugural 2019 NYKFP Mock Free Agency Competition Champion :drunk: