2017-2018 Tank

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

Don Che wrote:good analysis and i agree Mike i just wanted to get an idea that i wasnt crazy for thinking the same thing.

would i put Trae inthe Harden/Westbrook category? no but i had more questions about Harden out of college than i did about Trae.

i just think he's the riskiest pick and as a franchise we tend to be risky with 30 year olds not 19 year olds.

and while i totally understand why Tim and KP are seen as starters as it stands...and i think as long as we are bad that makes sense but i hope that its Frank that ends up being either a part of the 3 other starters or him and KP are the starters and you have Tim be the 6th man on a good team. but building with Tim/KP or Frank/KP or Frank/Tim/KP is still similar. a big next to KP and a lead playmaker are the major issues. Having a defender with talent to be a scorer is a need also but i think the first 2 i listed are our main priority(unless we really think Kanter is the answer then you throw the defender/scorer as the 2nd priority)

Trae would be our main playmaker and having a foundation of Trae at the 1 and KP at the 5...you can make one of the best shooting teams in the NBA. also fast.

Its a risky decision but its def a consideration.
To me Frank being a starter shouldn't move Tim to 6th man. It should make Muiday a sixth man behind Hardaway the starting SG.

At SF I think we should draft Mikal or trade down to the Clippers, draft Miles and use thier second pick on whoever you want. Gimmie 2 picks in the first round and the 1st is a player I might've drafted anyway and I'll let you pick my second pick. How's that?
noypi
Likes given: 24

Last year i thought Mitchell was the right pick even if I wanted DSJ. Especially after I watched Mitchell and Frank workout together with Chris Brickley.

This year i feel Collin Sexton is the right pick for us even if I want Mikal. We can worry about wing needs after we secure a real pg. Maybe we can package some guys like Mudiay, Dotson or Burke in a trade for a guy like Tobias Harris or any young SF with upside who fit the timeline.

Any of you think Sexton is worth it? I like his competitiveness and never say die attitude. He relishes the big game and take the last shot.
“I’m still chasing a championship, I’m just chasing it here in New York,’’ Anthony said. “I’ve come to peace with that. I’m doing it in my own way on my own time.”

http://nypost.com/2015/10/27/greatest-c ... -with-nyc/
Rusty La Rue
Likes given: 795

I have givin up on the Nets... but maybe both the Bulls and Mavs can pass us so we move to 7th (if we are not unlucky in the lottery) that would secure us at least Mikal...
2023 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
"Everybody gets excited about youth except the coach, because he knows youth means mistakes, mistakes mean losses, losses means you're fired."
NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 160

Yeah the Nets are so disappointing. Don't remember who was so pumped about them here, but they are def letting us down. The Cavs must be ecstatic. They still have one of the easiest remaining schedule with 5 remaining games against tanking teams but that's no guarantee of anything.

We're playing against the Bulls so top 8 is in our hands.
Top 7 will be trickier but possible even though I def see us winning a couple games down the stretch for the hell of it (my bet is on Burke for the tank sabotage this year). Dallas still has also a pretty easy schedule ahead as well as Orlando although the Magic is 4 games away which may be too much. Sacramento (3 games away) has it a bit harder with only 4 games against tankers.
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
noypi
Likes given: 24

Just backread some of the posts especially on Sexton and Young and I must say great analysis Mike1989. I haven't been active lately, all this losing is not healthy lol but welcome to the board man.
“I’m still chasing a championship, I’m just chasing it here in New York,’’ Anthony said. “I’ve come to peace with that. I’m doing it in my own way on my own time.”

http://nypost.com/2015/10/27/greatest-c ... -with-nyc/
Don Che
Likes given: 9

Tim will be a starting wing next year no matter what......but when its all said and done...Tim will be the fire power winning games for us off the bench in a jamal crawford type of role.
ISIAH_THOMAS
Likes given: 52

Magic Win

This team can catch the Magic, Nets and Mavs

Magic have the most tank teams left on/schedule could get ugly
Fxck Adam Silver
Rusty La Rue

Wins for both the Magic and the Kings:-)
"Everybody gets excited about youth except the coach, because he knows youth means mistakes, mistakes mean losses, losses means you're fired."
NewlyKnicked

Fox is destroying the Kings' tank.
The Bulls are hosting the Grizz tonight and they may very well pass us if we don't win against the 76ers
taowave
Likes given: 817

Trae Young,one and done...
Don Che
Likes given: 9

how did Trae play?

im watching my gaels go at Duke...entertaining so far.
ISIAH_THOMAS

Bulls win!!

Up to 8
Fxck Adam Silver
ISIAH_THOMAS

Don Che wrote:how did Trae play?

im watching my gaels go at Duke...entertaining so far.
He played well. Shot very effieicent was carrying his scrub team mates. I still worry about his size and atlethism/in/the next level.
Fxck Adam Silver
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

After watching their games today, I'd be happy with Young, but I don't want Sexton
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
PistolPete
Likes given: 5

ISIAH_THOMAS wrote:Bulls win!!

Up to 8

Damn it feels good to be a tankster.
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

Well damn maybe I spoke too soon
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
ISIAH_THOMAS

Fxck Adam Silver
NewlyKnicked

The more I see Trae play and I read about him, the more I like him. Not saying we should absolutely draft him, but he doesn't deserve the latest bashing in b/r.
I'm really attached to the mentality and he never even once complained about his supporting cast or try to look for excuses for poor showings. He's been single-handedly carrying his team offensively which explains why he had this slump and why he doesn't really try on defense.
I was really interested in seeing how he would react to the immense pressure for his start in the tournament: will he crumble, will he play hero ball, will he finally show annoyment at his teammates? In the end, he once more carried his team, played amazing team ball and missed the win by a hair. Give the kid a supporting cast, let him play his game and he'll be fine.
NewlyKnicked

Sorry but I have to say it: wrong prediction, spree, we are 8th!!!
Rusty La Rue

I feel we will end at 7th. I believe the Mavs will overtake us... Bot the Kings and the Mavs are 4-6 in their last 10 games where we are 1-9... so it is realistic that one of those move pass us in the standings... maybe both :drool: